How did chill fog make it into this game?

Chill Fog honestly needs to go. Either removal, rework, or tier increase. It's absurd how good it is. Eyestrike too but to a lesser degree. You shouldn't try to go a tiered status effect system and leave things that constantly apply the harshest form of a debuff on level 1. Then keep rolling to do so. In an area. It's just inanely overtuned and completely trivializes the existence of things like Revenge of Skaen. A level 9 spell should not have the same effect as a level 1 spell with no damage component. They both target fortitude for the love of god. Main differences being the level 9 spell has a much smaller casting range and a shorter actual blind duration once they exit the area. But oh yeah, Revenge of Skaen is level 9 and Chill Fog level 1 so there will be a 40%~ duration difference so guess which still comes out ahead in terms of total time of enemies blinded...

Yes Chill Fog was insanely good in the first game, but at least then they had the fact that it was their first time developing a setting/spells from the ground up. In Deadfire they had the advantage of seeing how potent it was once in player's hands; using it to much greater effect than higher level spells and often citing it as the best spell in the game. Add this raw power to the fact that it's available from the time you exit character creation and you've got a problem that's plain to see. It's still an elephant in the room.

Remove is horrible idea. Wasting good asset is heresy, it is not like wizard have too many spells. (especially no evo)

It is possible to move it to tier 4 with not change.

It is possible to make another version of it after that, which just blast cold wind without blind effect or aoe. So there will be some cold space at level 1.

• Like 1

It is a mistery. But you cant just nerf every cool spell, or we all get lost.

It's called balancing.

A spell shouldn't only be considered "cool" because it's OP.

You want to be OP, play on normal/easy  :p

Edited by whiskiz
  • Like 1

It's called balancing.

You want to be OP, play on normal/easy  :p

If you want a game, where every fight early to mid game takes ages, play Divinity Original Sin 1.

• Like 2

It's called balancing.

You want to be OP, play on normal/easy :p

If you want a game, where every fight early to mid game takes ages, play Divinity Original Sin 1.
Original Sin 1 Act 1 was amazing. Then it went quickly downhill until u hit lvl 15 and every fight became super trivial. This game has a similar issue atm. Edited by Dorftek
  • Like 1

It's called balancing.

You want to be OP, play on normal/easy :p

Original Sin 1 Act 1 was amazing. Then it went quickly downhill until u hit lvl 15 and every fight became super trivial. This game has a similar issue atm.

Hail Storm was the spell i believe, where the game was very broken, cuz it dealt heavy damage and it freezes the enemies. Ah and rain of arrows was pretty neat.

What do you peoples think about Supress all positive/negative afflictions spells.

Like when you try to counter vampires and they cast this and still charm you

Or when you eat drugs, someone casts it, you get instant drug crash, then supress ends and you have both effects running - positive and negative

Or when you try to counter fear, get supressed, and don't counter fear

Of course it works the other way around - someone tries anything, priest spams supress, yolo

For the level these spells are at, seems kinda dumb to me, since they just counter any counters, turning any magic play into very dumb thing. It's not even dispel/breach or like, they just kinda... cancel the affliction system. Or maybe I am not entirely correct at how this works?

Then there's reflection. I guess it doesn't work against AOEs (I think? because I think I once had summoned tentacles reflected on me, or maybe it was simultaneous summon... but it did feel like it), but aside from removing time from positive effects, I'm not sure how two mages cancel this. Just throw spells at each other?

With the amounts of Fortitude available to the baddies, I really dont think Chill Fog is that good...

Ryngrim's Enervating Terror, though... It trivializes the majority of the encounters. 

But I don't mind it too much. I think it's just a matter of time for these things to get put into place. It is a single player game after all and not a moba. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png