Nobody's forcing you to say that. Yes, Giacolo might not survive the quest (you can still save him during the fight btw, it's not easy, but it's manageable), but that's consequences for you.

I tried *SO MANY TIMES*. Literally like a *dozen* times, couldn't manage to do it. They run up to him to damn fast, I couldn't even get close.

It's a good idea to have a priest on the party with Withdraw spell. Cast it on Giaccolo and he's untargetable for pretty much the entire fight.

Nobody's forcing you to say that. Yes, Giacolo might not survive the quest (you can still save him during the fight btw, it's not easy, but it's manageable), but that's consequences for you.

I tried *SO MANY TIMES*. Literally like a *dozen* times, couldn't manage to do it. They run up to him to damn fast, I couldn't even get close.

I dumped, like, 5 different stuns on them and unleashed everything summonable next. Still took 2 or 3 tries. 

It's a good idea to have a priest on the party with Withdraw spell. Cast it on Giaccolo and he's untargetable for pretty much the entire fight.

That makes sense.

I think he was talking about themselves considering Giaccolo as that enemy that needs to be executed.

Hmm. Then why does saying that you wouldn't stop the execution stop them from killing him? You are basically telling them "Unfair executions are ok if it's your enemy, proceed as planned", but instead they let him go.

I did it but I had 2 wizards. CC is godlike in this game.

You can pretty much stop that guy by using an ability like charge, escape, jump, etc immediately at the beginning of battle.  

You can pretty much stop that guy by using an ability like charge, escape, jump, etc immediately at the beginning of battle.  

Escape specifically I tried and did not work; it has 0.5 second cast time, and in that time he died.

• Like 1

What I did was get the entire party to target the boss. The others don't seem to attack Giacolo on their own.

nvAeseu.png

Pellagina does seem to have had a personality adjustment between games. I think they went to far in the intolerance dept. She was more open minded in the first game.

Now she has anger management issues. I understand there was a gap between games but this is a major personality change...

• Like 2

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Wow I just finished Pallegina's companion quest... Very manipulative game-writing... You basically have to say abortion is okay in order to get Tatzatl to let Giacolo live. I personally think abortion should be legal but jeeze that's preachy writing. Stories should make you think, not tell you what to think. Not only was that situation awkwardly themed but it's not realistic at all. Why would a group of pirates be floating around thinking so hard about the greater good that they feel the need to kidnap a dude who has done nothing but help their kind?

I don't think it's comparable to abortion irl. It's about aborting babies specifically because they are godlike, which godlikes who don't hate themselves like Pallegina, and / or anyone who's not racist (for lack of a better term) might think is a really bad idea. If I remember correctly, Skaen godlikes are the example, but that doesn't mean it won't be done to all godlikes. What I disliked about the quest was that in order to make Pallegina happy, you have to kill a bunch of godlikes who you might actually agree with. It made me feel not like I had to support or oppose abortion, but like I had to pander to Pallegina's self hatred in spite of my character and Tekehu being godlikes with no such issues, and it made Pallegina and her anti godlike obsession come acrosss as irrational zealotry. I think I convinced Giacolo to use the research responsibly or something, but it wasn't very satisfying.

Edited by Slotharingia

nvAeseu.png

Position Aloth and Xoti in the front of the party. Use Aloth's Call to Slumber to sleep the three guys near Giacolo. Rush Xoti forward and have her cast Withdraw on Giacolo. U have to pause fast right after the conversation. Do it manually because it has to be faster than the game's default.

In my PoE playthrough, Pallegina went against the wishes of her masters, not sure how much that affects her personality in Deadfire but...

For me her character made perfect sense. She's not fond of the gods in PoE1, especially if you bring her to see Hylea, I think the seed is there.

Then 5 years later, when the gods are yet again up to trouble... I don't know, it makes perfect sense for her character to have grown even more bitter and disillusioned with them I think. Do I think she's obnoxious at times? Oh yes. Do I think she's justified in everything she says? Oh no. But that's her character. She's not that nice of a person and I think there were shades of that already in PoE.

I'm pretty happy with how she turned out in Deadfire, as well as Aloth (who is the other companion under fire for being grumpy).

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

In my PoE playthrough, Pallegina went against the wishes of her masters, not sure how much that affects her personality in Deadfire but...

Well, I have a few saves with her demoted and in one of them the Watcher met her in Neketaka, listened to her sad story and then said something like "Well that's what happens when you do not listen to your bosses" (reminder: it was the Watcher who pushed her to disobey in the first place). It appears that she is quite a hothead and knows a lot of interesting, colorful words. :biggrin:

Anyway, I don't have any issues with Gina. Her not expressing her hatred to gods in PoE can be easily attributed to the fact she and the Watcher weren't friends, just some sort of business associates. She was also not codependent like Aloth or personable extrovert like Hiravias or Maneha (or the party staple and necessity like Eder :biggrin: ), why would she confide in person that she simply traveled with - initially because you were going the same way, later probably out of sense of duty and determination to see it through. And she probably did not plan to have that outburst in front of semi-strangers, but well, hothead.

Five years later, she is posted in the place way more hostile to her Republic than Dyrwood, the Watcher and Co now are familiar faces and a welcome sight by comparison, so she can allow to drop her guard a little.

His Eyerollness, on the other hand, would've benefited from more extensive characterization.