Beat Pillars of Eternity 2 this weekend...

... and thoroughly enjoyed it. Another absolute success, I dare say! And with that ending (not going to say it!) - I am hoping that means we have a Pillars of Eternity III in the works?

The only problem I had with Pillars of Eternity II (other than a few bugs I posted in the bug forum) was... not being able to move.

Oh. Not in the game. I mean, getting my arse up to do anything else put play Pillars of Eternity II. I was getting up early (and rather than running on my treadmill, which I should be doing), I was using that time to play Pillars of Eternity II... then I'd get home, wife would watch her reality shows (where I normally read out in the living room with her), I escaped to my computer room to keep playing Pillars of Eternity II... sailed every nook and cranny on the map so there was no "fog of war" anywhere... did every quest I could (that I found)... but still missing some things I know (there's an NPC that can be picked up that the ending told me about - but I was like, "Um, said person was never a part of my crew!")

I love the lore you guys have provided in this game. I literally want a Pen & Paper version of this game... Just to keep playing it while I wait for (possible?) DLCs to keep playing it...

• Like 6

If you don't neglect your life and wife it's not a good game.

Agreed! My wife cracks me up. Because my obsession with PoE (the first one), I'd always say, "Got to go save the world."

So with PoEII, when I got home, she'd just look at me and say, "You going to go save the world?"

My response, "They need me."

• Like 4

Let's be honest here.

You just wanted to do pirate stuff. Saving the world was just an excuse.

I can relate, I told my girlfriend months in advance that she would be dead to me for 1-2 weeks depending on how much time I will have to waste on university stuff and other unimportant, unpillarish garbage that would keep me away from the Deadfire.

The atmosphere of that game is just so good and the look and feel and sound are all phenomenal.

Once they get the major bugs out and ramp up the difficulty from borefest to Pillars 1 lvl I will replay it and have the time of my life.

I do hope though, that certain stuff will not be repeated in Pillars 3 if there will be one. In certain regards part 1 had a clear edge over part 2 and that pains me a bit.

• Like 2

Dank Memes for Dank Spores.

Let's be honest here.

You just wanted to do pirate stuff. Saving the world was just an excuse.

I can relate, I told my girlfriend months in advance that she would be dead to me for 1-2 weeks depending on how much time I will have to waste on university stuff and other unimportant, unpillarish garbage that would keep me away from the Deadfire.

The atmosphere of that game is just so good and the look and feel and sound are all phenomenal.

Once they get the major bugs out and ramp up the difficulty from borefest to Pillars 1 lvl I will replay it and have the time of my life.

I do hope though, that certain stuff will not be repeated in Pillars 3 if there will be one. In certain regards part 1 had a clear edge over part 2 and that pains me a bit.

First, I forgot to comment on your OOTS avatar. Excellent choice, Rogue.

It's funny you mention doing pirate stuff - because, I do happen to have an obsession with pirates. My little corner of the pirate sea.

For the difficulty - have you tried adjusting the difficulty level? There's like... five?... different difficulty modes?

As for Pillars of Eternity III... I dearly hope there is one... because the first two have been incredible... there's a few bugs I reported with PoEII... and the only thing I can honestly say I don't like (that they changed) was the Grimoire system... the original version was the best... so if they do a PoEIII, I hope they either go back to that or find a balance between that and what they did in PoEII... (and even that's not a game breaker for me, because I don't play wizards; only impacted me when trying to figure out to use them for Aloth)... but my question asking how those dang things worked in PoEII generated a 3 page thread with people seeming to all agree that the Grimoire system in PoEII wasn't a good change.

Me as a pirate (pretty much in this costume every Halloween) with my friend, Colleen, dressed as X-23 (from the pages of X-Men):

post-6565-0-95751700-1527661363_thumb.png

• Like 1

He's actually a Ranger/Barbarian, but ty :)

I started on Standard and switched to Veteran, both were a joke and I'm a mediocre player. You can't change to PotD midgame unfortunately and level scaling was broken. I'll just give it a bit of time for them to crank up the difficulty and introduce the difficulty achievements. Once they have done that the game will have plenty of ways to make it hard and I will to quote myself again have the time of my life because I already enjoyed the hell out of it despite it being so damn easy.

The Grimoire changes are a mixed bag, not a big fan here but it's fine for me. As long as they keep wizards, druids & priests be useful per encounter and not per rest.

My issues are more on an unpatchable level (except for the bugs, combat & ship combat). I'm not a big fan of the writing, pacing, characters (no Durance/Grieving Mother style chars) & story in the sequel. 

• Like 1

Dank Memes for Dank Spores.

Luckily I work 3 12hr shifts and I receive a differential to fill in the 4 hours so that I'm essentially getting paid for 40 hours... I have 4 days off each week and have plenty of time to play Pillars without neglecting my GF..

Works out wonderfully!

• Like 1

With my girlfriend it's more like "did you leave your game on again? I hear shanties "

I have the four songs as a playlist on my iPhone. :)

Can you believe they put the option to turn off shanties in the sound menu because they weren't sure if people would like them?? The only options they should have is "Shanties" and "More Shanties"

• Like 3

With my girlfriend it's more like "did you leave your game on again? I hear shanties "

Can you believe they put the option to turn off shanties in the sound menu because they weren't sure if people would like them?? The only options they should have is "Shanties" and "More Shanties"

Agreed. I'd like a posse following me around the Deadfire, even while I am on land singing those shanties.

• Like 1

Agreed. I'd like a posse following me around the Deadfire, even while I am on land singing those shanties.

We've all been there-- shipping up and down the archipelago and your favorite shanty comes on... and you just wait a little while before landing on that island because you don't want it to stop...

• Like 1

We've all been there-- shipping up and down the archipelago and your favorite shanty comes on... and you just wait a little while before landing on that island because you don't want it to stop...

Every. Single. Time.