Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Guide] Permanent bonuses / Approach for a "no rest" run

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Esajin

Esajin

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 110 posts

I noticed earlier today that I could rest multiple times in a row on the ship and stack all the food resting bonuses for some reason.

Not sure if bug

Could be a display bug. The buffs were all there during the next ship encounter, but I was just testing other stuff so I didn't pay much attention.

• omgFIREBALLS likes this

mant2si

mant2si

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 212 posts

I noticed earlier today that I could rest multiple times in a row on the ship and stack all the food resting bonuses for some reason.

Not sure if bug

Could be a display bug. The buffs were all there during the next ship encounter, but I was just testing other stuff so I didn't pay much attention.

Confirmed, this is not display bug

Edited by mant2si, 09 July 2018 - 02:52 AM.

omgFIREBALLS

omgFIREBALLS

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 766 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Oh em eff gee. We have a gamebreaker on our hands, courtesy of Esajin.

I was going to say I managed to stack Good Food, Better Friends with a food buff, twice in a row even, but obviously when I tried to do it with the food buff I wanted instead of some random +1 might food on one party member to clear an injury, it stopped wanting to stack. Well, I said it just now I guess.

But this, sheesh. This deserves its own OM NOM NOM category of the no rest strategy.

Hold your horses. I can't get this to work :p

Edited by omgFIREBALLS, 09 July 2018 - 03:37 AM.

Jurugu

Jurugu

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts

Maybe you can help me since I find it hard to decide:

I am currently trying a solo no rest run with a Devoted Fighter/Soulblade using Greatswords (Veteran, as that seems hard enough) and I am not sure which food to pick, Hylea's Bounty or Mohara Wraps. Since the +2 to all skills from Hylea's Bounty does not stack with the Luminous Adra potion it is basically +10 to all defenses plus some HP versus +4 Might and -20% recovery.

I have not gotten myself a 'Gain Health on Kill' pet yet, nor do I have the Fighter's life leech ability. Both probably swing the pendulum in favor of Kohara Wraps.

Jurugu

Jurugu

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts

Not sure if bug

Confirmed, this is not display bug

I could not get this to work. Anything special I need to pay attention to?

Waski

Waski

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

Oh em eff gee. We have a gamebreaker on our hands, courtesy of Esajin.

I was going to say I managed to stack Good Food, Better Friends with a food buff, twice in a row even, but obviously when I tried to do it with the food buff I wanted instead of some random +1 might food on one party member to clear an injury, it stopped wanting to stack. Well, I said it just now I guess.

But this, sheesh. This deserves its own OM NOM NOM category of the no rest strategy.

Hold your horses. I can't get this to work :p

WTF??  I've tried to stack it and ended with this.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/b3gG4Ie"><a href="//imgur.com/b3gG4Ie"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

edit. link https://imgur.com/a/b3gG4Ie

Edited by Waski, 11 July 2018 - 12:05 PM.

omgFIREBALLS

omgFIREBALLS

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 766 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Hrm. I couldn't even stack an egg with a fish :/

whimper

whimper

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

When I make the trip to Ukaizo, all of my resting bonuses vanish. Is this a recent change? Is there some way around this?

If not, I'm not sure how viable it is to plan one's build around not resting, given that all of those bonuses will go away once you get to the toughest fight in the game... :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users