I just did a play-thru with 4 of my toons dual-classed and it was a cake walk. 

Chanter/Fighter - straight OP. A tank that provides constant buffs (which are hella OP) and even damage auras

Priest/Monk - straight OP. A healer that can take down enemies or knock them away with ridiculous buffs too boot

Druid/Ranger - ridunculously OP.

Barbarian/Rogue - GOD MODE

Then a vanilla wizard thrown in for giggles.

Edited by rhugga

Well the game isn't exactly difficult on any difficulty at the moment and that's been acknowledged by Obsidian. The nerf gun is coming though. I imagine people will be incredibly Mad Online in the next few months because they can no longer instagib Sir Thottery III or something.

• Like 5

Yes! We have no bananas.

Strongly disagree. For the first part of the game that's true, but by the middle its' equal, and at the last 3rd of the game single-class characters have it *WAY* easier.

Edited by Katarack21
  • Like 3

Game in general is no hard, especially classic without enemy scaling.

Some of the combos OP mentioned are not even that strong

Caster/Martial - delay yoru high level spells, have some weapon power which you are not using when casting.

Fighter/Chanter - sudo Paladin/Cipher

Barbarian/Rogue - neither of the class is particularry op, but at least stacking two martial gives good effect, you could just go pure class and have better stuff earlier.

Many MC work, and have some great flavour.

MC could be stronger for like first 4 levels, (first island) when you get double class passive, but then just higher level powers kick in on single class.

Maybe at level 19+ single class runs out of good talents, so MC could catch up, but at this point game is over so it doesnt matter.

Priest is not very strong, and have no passives, so MC could make it better, but it is not MC related, just weak class mix with something not weak.

There are some subclasses like shifter or skald which are designed for MC.

There are abillities like monk Swift Flurry and Heartbeat Drums or Paladin LoH of St Egida, and that is OP.

Also you could give anybody frostseeker and its cool.

Most of this MC OP combos is just take infinite proc with aoe dmg and call it a day.

Edited by evilcat

I just did a play-thru with 4 of my toons dual-classed and it was a cake walk.

Chanter/Fighter - straight OP. A tank that provides constant buffs (which are hella OP) and even damage auras

Priest/Monk - straight OP. A healer that can take down enemies or knock them away with ridiculous buffs too boot

Druid/Ranger - ridunculously OP.

Barbarian/Rogue - GOD MODE

Then a vanilla wizard thrown in for giggles.

This observation would be useful if you had a comparison - like a playthrough with single classes only.

From various testing sessions I can say the game is a cakewalk with single classes as well. Especially SC Priests, Chanters, Monks and Barbarians seem to be really strong because they get some very important abilities a lot sooner (or at all - like HoF for example).

There are also multiclass combos that are pretty meh (while still somewhat viable).

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

In my personal experience, the most *fun* I've had with a duel class so far is my fury druid/evoker wizard, but despite the massive amounts of blasting I wouldn't actually say he's OP...he dies *way* to easy.

Yes, give a character "my" weapon and run free. Run free with the wind!

:)

I would just like to say that I really liked that bow. (Even though my Druid didn't use it that much because she was busy casting, it was nice to have something useful to do in long fights after she ran out of magical oomph. Looking forward to using it on a ranger in the future!)

• Like 1

Yes, give a character "my" weapon and run free. Run free with the wind!

:)

Did you pay a weapon-making tier and create Frostseeker? Because if so, thank you!

• Like 1