Haven't had enough yet? Randomize the gods themselves and chase Rymrgand, god of mysteries and forgetfulness, as he tries to find out how he got stuck in a giant Aurochs statue! Play a moon godlike of Hylea, goddess of honest work and fire, and meet her beloved giant flaming metal birds along the way!

Even better, randomize class talents and weapon functionality: Travel the deadfire with a chanting bear companion! Heal your fighter's allies with Concelhaut's Aura of Friendship! Be the ultimate barbarian as you smash people with dual large shields, or kill them from afar by launching greatswords at them! THERE'S NO LIMIT PEOPLE!

Edited by Taevyr
  • Like 4

WELL! Based on how quickly things get derailed to gossip about someone who's not even here...! I think I can admit my OP is a garbage idea :p Which is why I'm a game player, not a designer. I still think the proper minds could come up with viable randomization options to keep the more adventurous of us, and streamers looking for ridiculous and entertaining challenges, going with PoE2 well past when they stop releasing content

I don't think it's a bad idea, I think there probably are good ways to implement it. I just think it's too much fun thinking of silly sub-ideas for it :lol:

• Like 3

Concelhaut's Aura of Friendship!

:grin:

Concelhauts comforting blanket of fluffiness!

Powerful, but no match against Arkemyr's Utterly Boring Fireball, or Arkemyr's Anti-Climactic Lightning Bolt!

Edited by Taevyr
  • Like 1

WELL! Based on how quickly things get derailed to gossip about someone who's not even here...! I think I can admit my OP is a garbage idea :p Which is why I'm a game player, not a designer. I still think the proper minds could come up with viable randomization options to keep the more adventurous of us, and streamers looking for ridiculous and entertaining challenges, going with PoE2 well past when they stop releasing content

I don't think it's a bad idea, I think there probably are good ways to implement it. I just think it's too much fun thinking of silly sub-ideas for it :lol:

Mainly this. It's definitely a good idea, both for actual implementation and for an amazing "what-if"thread.

Powerful, but no match against Arkemyr's Utterly Boring Fireball, or Arkemyr's Anti-Climactic Lightning Bolt!

:D What does it do though? I can't stand the tension!

• Like 1

Look I just want a spell that's cast against you that messes with letters and descriptions. Need to read a journal for a quest? Enjoy it in Ancient Greek!

I might be serious with this post.

Yes! We have no bananas.

Mainly this. It's definitely a good idea, both for actual implementation and for an amazing "what-if"thread.

That's just it isn't it? There's not really a lot they couldn't do. Realistically it'd have to not be ridiculously hard to code for the limited appeal for that small section of players that would use it.. I just see all those randomized pokemon nuzlocke streams and think, how many times have I wanted to randomize a game I knew really well? I think in Deadfire it'd have to be limited in scope so as to not be TOO overwhelming... but.... I feel like at least one WTF option would go over well

Nobody knows exactly, the target just spasms and drops dead all of a sudden, usually followed by a small thunderclap. It's really annoying to deal with, and has earned Arkemyr the esteemed title of "cheating haxxor wizard" throughout Eora, as other wizards at least have the decency to keep their spells fancy, impressive and easily recognizable in advance :p .

Edited by Taevyr

Nobody knows exactly, the target just spasms and drops dead all of a sudden, usually followed by a small thunderclap. It's really annoying to deal with, and has earned Arkemyr the esteemed title of "cheating haxxor wizard" throughout Eora, as other wizards at least have the decency to keep their spells fancy, impressive and easily recognizable in advance :p .

That actually seems totally in-character for Arkemyr.

• Like 1

True. I found Arkemyr to be, in general, underwhelming as a character though. Kind-of-annoyed old man, not really particularly interesting or insightful, just grumpy. Voice acting was okay-ish. I'd like a more wise seeming archmage, I mean he didn't even seem threatening. If you attack him you can take him down in seconds. (Yes I tried it :p )

True. I found Arkemyr to be, in general, underwhelming as a character though. Kind-of-annoyed old man, not really particularly interesting or insightful, just grumpy. Voice acting was okay-ish. I'd like a more wise seeming archmage, I mean he didn't even seem threatening. If you attack him you can take him down in seconds. (Yes I tried it :p )

Fassina says he has magnificent farts though.

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!