[Class Build] Bleak Huntress. Holy Slayer ranged sniper assassin build.

A. Fast Reload- when you attacked a target and your reload animation start, clikc ONCE (and only once) on target you want to attack (either by just attack or ability that attack like FoD). This will shorten greatly a reload animation on a range weapon like Arbalest and Arquebus giving you a huge dps boost. Using this method also allows us to ignore all -Reload Time bonuses like from gear or from abilities. You will reload as fast with them and without them.

Damn, not this bug again. There was similar one in PoE1 and now it's even worse. Sorry, but game style that relies on a bug isn't something that I might enjoy. Actually, knowing about such bug might spoil the game for some people.

You know that you shouldn't use it, but it's something that always available - just click enemy after attack and avoid extra reload times... And suddenly game change from picking right tactic, combining skills and such into 'time your clicks right and you're golden'.

Yeah i agree with you, but please let's don't talk about it here or there will be a bunch of guys jump out saying hey u can choose not to use it if you think it is broken :)

Well, I never said "it's not a bug, it's a feature". Whenever you use it or not is up to you till they patch it. Simple as that, nobody force anyone to anything in this game. And well, you are correct- you can choose, or someone stack behind you with knife in your house saying "use reload bug or die?

Besides wasn't it you who posted build about Dragon Tarshed triggering Sungraze AOE attacks? It's also a bug and should not happen, yet that didn't stop you from posting it and letting everyone know that they can run it :)

Same is here.

He only posted his observations, though; not a fully fledged out build.

What's the difference? We both presented some unintended mechanics that work. Or do you think people seeing his post would absolutely never got idea "hey, I can do the same in my game"? Please.

No one force anyone to run anything and that should not stop people from sharing their mechanic observations, be it simple post "XY works" or "This is my new build where XY works". Let people define their own fun of what they want to run and use in their single player RPG. 

Also by highlighting that we let Obsidian now where problems are.

Same story, different cover.

Edited by Voltron
  • Like 1

A. Fast Reload- when you attacked a target and your reload animation start, clikc ONCE (and only once) on target you want to attack (either by just attack or ability that attack like FoD). This will shorten greatly a reload animation on a range weapon like Arbalest and Arquebus giving you a huge dps boost. Using this method also allows us to ignore all -Reload Time bonuses like from gear or from abilities. You will reload as fast with them and without them.

Damn, not this bug again. There was similar one in PoE1 and now it's even worse. Sorry, but game style that relies on a bug isn't something that I might enjoy. Actually, knowing about such bug might spoil the game for some people.

You know that you shouldn't use it, but it's something that always available - just click enemy after attack and avoid extra reload times... And suddenly game change from picking right tactic, combining skills and such into 'time your clicks right and you're golden'.

Yeah i agree with you, but please let's don't talk about it here or there will be a bunch of guys jump out saying hey u can choose not to use it if you think it is broken :)

Well, I never said "it's not a bug, it's a feature". Whenever you use it or not is up to you till they patch it. Simple as that, nobody force anyone to anything in this game. And well, you are correct- you can choose, or someone stack behind you with knife in your house saying "use reload bug or die?

Besides wasn't it you who posted build about Dragon Tarshed triggering Sungraze AOE attacks? It's also a bug and should not happen, yet that didn't stop you from posting it and letting everyone know that they can run it :)

Same is here.

What's the difference? We both presented some unintended mechanics that work. Or do you think people seeing his post would absolutely never got idea "hey, I can do the same in my game"? Please.

No one force anyone to run anything and that should not stop people from sharing their mechanic observations, be it simple post "XY works" or "This is my new build where XY works". Let people define their own fun of what they want to run and use in their single player RPG. 

Nobody said the reload is a bug, as Boeroer said, you get -85% recovery from steath and that is intented.

And I never said your build is boring or cheesy, I comment on that shot from stealth and then reenter stealth before combat start. It is just the same as firewall out of sight. if you agree that the mechanics in my post is cheesy or unintended, that's part of my motivation of the post, to let Obs aware of these broken things.

It is just annoying that whenever someone comment something is cheesy, then another one will disagree and said 'u can choose to not use it'. Well of course I don't use these cheesy thing in my playthrough, and I cannot even comment on them being cheesy?

Edited by dunehunter

Same is here.

Nobody said the reload is a bug, as Boeroer said, you get -85% recovery from steath and that is intented.

And I never said your build is boring or cheesy, I comment on that shot from stealth and then reenter stealth before combat start. It is just the same as firewall out of sight. if you agree that the mechanics in my post is cheesy or unintended, that's part of my motivation of the post, to let Obs aware of these broken things.

It is just annoying that whenever someone comment something is cheesy, then another one will disagree and said 'u can choose to not use it'. Well of course I don't use these cheesy thing in my playthrough, and I cannot even comment on them being cheesy?

We just have to accept fact that what is chessy for one is not for the other one :). There is no point in arguing about that. People have different opinion and perspective. And I didn't even use tactic of reenter stealth before combat starts, I use smoke veil as active in combat ability and try not to reset fights totally. Generally stealth mechanic in PoE lacks....

Anyway, this is off-topic. If anyone want to use this build without reload trick- it's still work great but you have to reset fights with Smoke Veil and re-enter combat from stealth again which is imo not as fun from roleplay perspective.

Using Warbows is also a possibility though they lack Alpha Dmg.

Edited by Voltron
  • Like 1

To be honest, this playstijl is extremely boring. And non satisfying.

Well, each to his own I guess. I enjoy one-shot/burst single target builds. For example in Borderlands 2 I was running exclusively melee Zero and with Love Thrumper shield I was one-shotting from stealth every enemy, chaining that for kill after kill. Beat game 3 times like that :D.

Each to his own. You can also stand in their faces and tank as Fighter and Cleave them- sounds as boring to me.

In general PoE2 combat is boring. Too many interesting things like Ciphers, Rangers or Shapeshifter druid feel weak and under powered and too many classes do the the same- melee and procing effects on enemies (Barbarian, Monk, Fighter). Sould Blade for example- you replace spamming FoD, Pen Strike, Barb Blow etc. for spamming Soul Anihilation that has slightly different visual effect. Sounds so much different in gameplay.....

Still my fav one is Chanter as at least there are many different things I can do in combat :D. 

Edited by Voltron
  • Like 1

Same is here.

No, I posted bug-feature about Fire arquebus buff affecting other actions ( +75% general action speed instead of attack action speed), which might be actually feature, though I doubt that, I don't remember posting anything about AoE attacks.

Also, while various broken items, skills and synergies could spoil the game, player can choose not to take them. My point is that reload cancel is UI bug, always present, you can't disable it, only choose not to use it. And player can easily trigger it accidentally, clicking at right moment.

I completely agree that player free to not use various cheesy tactics, but when it is part of UI it can be unnerving. I would say that mentioned nuance might concern only few players, but it triggers me personally, that's why I posted my opinion on it.

Edited by ErlKing

To be honest, this playstijl is extremely boring. And non satisfying.

Well, each to his own I guess. I enjoy one-shot/burst single target builds. For example in Borderlands 2 I was running exclusively melee Zero and with Love Thrumper shield I was one-shotting from stealth every enemy, chaining that for kill after kill. Beat game 3 times like that :D.

Each to his own. You can also stand in their faces and tank as Fighter and Cleave them- sounds as boring to me.

In general PoE2 combat is boring. Too many interesting things like Ciphers, Rangers or Shapeshifter druid feel weak and under powered and too many classes do the the same- melee and procing effects on enemies (Barbarian, Monk, Fighter). Sould Blade for example- you replace spamming FoD, Pen Strike, Barb Blow etc. for spamming Soul Anihilation that has slightly different visual effect. Sounds so much different in gameplay.....

Still my fav one is Chanter as at least there are many different things I can do in combat :D.

100% with you. I also love sniper/one shot builds. But I don’t like this style. Tbh I don’t enjoy solo runs because they always involve this kind of stuff. Quite sure you can still play this build with out the fast reload/stealth abuse.

I like cheese it's delicious.

I love the role play element of this build, Pale Elves are my favourite elves. It's a perfect transition for my rogue from poe1. Thanks.

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!

I love the role play element of this build, Pale Elves are my favourite elves. It's a perfect transition for my rogue from poe1. Thanks.

I am also Pale Elves fan :). Shame there are no "dark elves" in PoE universe so far as I would like them even more :).

Build is nice and since it's a two-handed FoD/Assassin build you can always have Whisper of Endless Path as backup weapon or any other 2h just for roleplay stuff.

I am also Pale Elves fan :). Shame there are no "dark elves" in PoE universe so far as I would like them even more :).

Build is nice and since it's a two-handed FoD/Assassin build you can always have Whisper of Endless Path as backup weapon or any other 2h just for roleplay stuff.

I got the character creation unlocked mod and give some of mine grey skin because I love dark elves, but the fact you can make pale elves look like white walkers is a big plus in their favour.

+5 for giving elves big weapons. It pleases me.

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!

Voltron, do you think this build can work on the new patch? I really want to give it a try, however, I won't abuse the system. Can this build still work without the cheesy stuff? I will play it at a party so it is a lot easier right? Could you please update to 1.1 if needed and can you please list the entire ability list like in your other build?

Voltron, do you think this build can work on the new patch? I really want to give it a try, however, I won't abuse the system. Can this build still work without the cheesy stuff? I will play it at a party so it is a lot easier right? Could you please update to 1.1 if needed and can you please list the entire ability list like in your other build?

It's the same in new patch, just little less defense due to Deep Faith nerf but nothing in terms of damage. Damage will still be the same. If you won't use reload trick- it will be harder in solo.

With party- it will be great.

All enemies have +2 Armor in 1.1. Dows this affect the damage output? Less damage because of less (over)pen?

I really like this build, might choose it for my MC. Sickened from BW plays so nice with the rogue class, as well as other rogues in a party (Maia, Eder).

All enemies have +2 Armor in 1.1. Dows this affect the damage output? Less damage because of less (over)pen?

I really like this build, might choose it for my MC. Sickened from BW plays so nice with the rogue class, as well as other rogues in a party (Maia, Eder).

Well, it does affect dmg, every build posted here was affected by +2 armor so that question is kind of pointless :D :D. But Dragon Dowyr starts at Legendary and has a lot of penetration. You coul of course if you want go Devoted and spam Pen Strike instead of Sworn Rival->FoD. Bigger Pen but less raw dmg.

But it's not end of the world :).

Edited by Voltron

I had Maia down to a 3 second reload (tooltip) just from equipment, so its probably still a thing.  The bug = 0 reload time, so it won't be as crazy as exploit build...

But the Spearcaster is a very powerful weapon, with great innate Crowd Control, you can get a lot of milage out of that.

Are there any other ways to get into stealth during combat except for Smoke Veil and Potion of Invisibility?

Only those and other skills working simillar, like Shadowing Beyond for example. No other way.

You don't just crouch in front of enemies and they are like "WHERE IS HE?!!" :D :D like in old stupid D&D games.

• Like 1

I am getting some very weird behavior with this build. First, clicking does not seem to be shortening my reload speed at all anymore - I know that you were entirely correct as I used it in a previous pistol build, but I started using this one after patch 1.1. Second, I seem to be getting the free reload after opening the fight from stealth about 20% of the time, the rest of the time I have to go through a full reload animation.

Edited by broodax

Volt, how does this build fare against the last fight with guardian of ukaizo and 2 titans + other mobs?

Because I feel you would run out paladin resources and rogue resources before killing all of those units.

If you're boosting arcana for spearcaster pick deep pockets and bring scrolls. Otherwise pick deep pockets and bring grenades.

I am getting some very weird behavior with this build. First, clicking does not seem to be shortening my reload speed at all anymore - I know that you were entirely correct as I used it in a previous pistol build, but I started using this one after patch 1.1. Second, I seem to be getting the free reload after opening the fight from stealth about 20% of the time, the rest of the time I have to go through a full reload animation.

The clicking was a bug anyway, an exploit. The reload speed bug seems to be fixed now anyway.

From my limited testing it seems like if you shoot from stealth and instantly at combat start paus shoot another shot u get 2 shots but if you do anything else after the initial shot like moving or using sworn enemy u will get the reload animation.

• 2 months later...