Gesus, if Fampyrs weren't enough...

And even those fights are ridiculously easy.... (also I don't think they are bugged)
You just need a Paladin in party (seriously if you played first POE, your pally is the anti-mind control guy & and you have him build for it)

• Like 1

And even those fights are ridiculously easy.... (also I don't think they are bugged)

You just need a Paladin in party (seriously if you played first POE, your pally is the anti-mind control guy & and you have him build for it)

Had a paladin in my party, with all the abilities. Still kicked my ass--they'd cure the dominated person and then they'd get *insta* dominated again.

• Like 3

Had a paladin in my party, with all the abilities. Still kicked my ass--they'd cure the dominated person and then they'd get *insta* dominated again.

Game is really easy atm. Paly and some int inspirations should make the fight easy.

Fampyrs are the hardest fights in the game, but they are nowhere near what for example Vitracks could do in Original POE if you didn't cc them first, that was insta wipe....

Edited by Farsha
  • Like 1

Game is really easy atm. Paly and some int inspirations should make the fight easy.

Fampyrs are the hardest fights in the game, but they are nowhere near what for example Vitracks could do in Original POE if you didn't cc them first, that was insta wipe....

The Kraken is *way* harder. Also a few lvl 20 ship captains gave me way worse problems. Never had an issue with Vithracks in PoE 1.

I'm not just trying to be contradictory. I think a big part of the problem is that the different difficulty settings are tuned very unevenly, so you end up with very different experiences for people at different levels of playing ability. Classic is harder for people who are at the Classic skill level than PotD is for people who are PotD players, basically.

• Like 2

The Kraken is *way* harder. Also a few lvl 20 ship captains gave me way worse problems. Never had an issue with Vithracks in PoE 1.

I'm not just trying to be contradictory. I think a big part of the problem is that the different difficulty settings are tuned very unevenly, so you end up with very different experiences for people at different levels of playing ability. Classic is harder for people who are at the Classic skill level than PotD is for people who are PotD players, basically.

I found the Fampyrs much worse than the Kraken, at least until I resorted to looking at the food and had everyone ingest the captain's banquet, which imo is basically cheating. xD
  • Like 4

nvAeseu.png

I chose Vitracks for comparison casue they use mind control and paralyze (They were ciphers in POE) if unchecked they could really do a number on your party on higher difficulties.

I did not fight the Kraken yet, you have to trigger it by doing the dungeon puzzle incorrectly, so I missed it. (waiting for balance patch to start a new game, there is little challange atm in the game)

But as I said Fampyrs are really easy to deal with, none of the content is really challenging atm. Only longer fight I had was Ukaizo mecha dragon, and it was not really hard it was just longer than others.

Edited by Farsha
  • Like 1

I did not fight the Kraken yet, you have to trigger it by doing the dungeon puzzle incorrectly, so I missed it. (waiting for balance patch to start a new game, there is little challange atm in the game)

But as I said Fampyrs are really easy to deal with, none of the content is really challenging atm. Only longer fight I had was Ukaizo mecha dragon, and it was not really hard it was just longer than others.

Okay maybe I have not done the Kraken? There was something like that for

defying Galawain

. What puzzle?

nvAeseu.png

defying Galawain

. What puzzle?

I thought Kraken is in the underwater dungeon, and it apears only if you try to dismatle the machines in incorrect order.

Not sure. I just know I turned of the side machines before turning of the main one and he did not apear, facility was turnd off and sunk, no one could ever use it again, end of story.

• Like 1

defying Galawain

. What puzzle?

I thought Kraken is in the underwater dungeon, and it apears only if you try to dismatle the machines in incorrect order.

Not sure. I just know I turned of the side machines before turning of the main one and he did not apear, facility was turnd off and sunk, no one could ever use it again, end of story.

It is the underwater dungeon, but for me it appeared as soon as I told Galawain to **** off and that I was gonna shut down the machine.

• Like 1

I found the Fampyrs much worse than the Kraken, at least until I resorted to looking at the food and had everyone ingest the captain's banquet, which imo is basically cheating. xD

There two ways to think about, one is cheating, other is... you are like Witchrer Geralt preparing elixir before hard enemy.

It is interesting route of what to do with resting and food. SInce allows to consume elixirs to gain immunity to mind control, poisons, or similar

• Like 1

defying Galawain

. What puzzle?

Is there an order to dismantle the machines in? ö I got it for not doing as told by a certain someone.

nvAeseu.png

There is no order to dismantling the machines. You just break them and flood the place (if that is what you want to do). There is certain order to solving the puzzle to the secret door in that dungeon though, but it's entirely optional iirc.

Edited by Yria
  • Like 1

Are you talking about Paradise of the Mind? I'm lvl 14 and there about 4 or 5 lvl 15 Fampyrs who cast that Sigil spell and insta dominate on hit.

Its def a bug. Did some research and a user modified his char to have 300 Will and was still getting dominated instantly. The bug has been reported. This is the only fight in the game thus far that has been a real headscratcher. Plus sven and other drugs do not stop it either.

I don't know what it is with Fampyrs but for some reason, 90% of the time, when one of my party members got mind controlled by them, it was Eder, in spite of him having every anti-charm/domination and Will save buff possible, bar drugs.  (And his Will save was somewhere in the 110-120 range.)  My Fighter PC never got zapped.  Pallegina never got zapped (of course, after I smartened up, I gave her the anti-Gaze attack shield to make sure that I didn't lose her to charm attacks).  And only occasionally did one of my other characters get zapped.  90+% of the time, it was poor Eder the fampyrs picked on.  Didn't matter if he was up front or in the rear of the party, the famps would zap him.  Oh, well, any time he got zapped, I'd have Pallegina switch to her bow and nail him with an Aegis of Loyalty attack.  (I specifically had her carry a bow during fampyr battles so that she wouldn't have waste time running around the battlefield doing AoL attacks.)

Best reason to keep Pallegina around, though I always found her to be a useful character in general.  But for fampyr fights, she was invaluable.

So I toughed it through that area without a Paladin. It sucked but a few things worked. The Fampyrs were weak to terrify and frighten illusions. Most of the time my PC would end up 1v2 or 3 at the end but win out (Streetfighter Swashy) so a little damage here and there didn't hurt ;)