making Battle forge passive dmg scaling with lvls

hello, 

I'm trying to create a mod for a passive skill of fire godlike battle forge, for dmg to scale up with the characters level, so the race ability is not useless after lvl 3. I changed some values in the abilities.gamedatabundle the in particular damage adjustment  from 1.05 to 1.5 and max lvl to 20, but that does not have any affect, so I went to into the attacks.gamedatabundle found the Battle_Forged_Melee and adjusted the minimum and maximum values, however this appears to be static change, It does not scale up when gaining new level. 

does anybody know how to enable passive abilities like battle forged to automatically lvl up with the character lvl? 

Edited by hero18

Open statuseffects.gamedatabundle. Look for "Battle_Forged_SE_AttackOnMeleeHit" and "Battle_Forged_SE_ArmorRating". In both of those sections there should be a subsection labelled "Power level scaling". Try adjusting the "ValueAdjustment" and setting "UseCharacterLevel" to "true". I haven't edited this passive in particular or used character level scaling but I have had success making other passives scale with PL, so let me know if it works.

Thank you for the replay, I have tried your suggestions but changing these values does not make any difference. it it kind of strange to me that there are so many adjustments to one skill in 3 different tables. attack.gamedatabundle(min-max dmg), statuseffect.gamedatabundle(PowerLevelScaling) and abilities.gamedatabundle(PowerLevelScaling) 

Interesting thing i have found is when i go to abilities and I add ID from attack table to the Battle_Forged, the skill does display in a tool tip attack dmg scaling up(as it should). but it seem like it is an active skill now not a passive, with recovery time and penetration rating, and there is an extra static base dmg as well not quite sure why is this happening apparently I cannot post image here It would help you understand of what i mean

• 2 weeks later...

Does the passive ability of the moon god like ( the healing AoE ) scales with level or power level ?

If it does, could you try to use the same "coding" or "phrasing" to make the battle forge passive scale ?

I have no idea whatsoever of how the modding works, but I have though of this overnight. It may be worth a try.

I hope it helps.