Picked the Ranger's lion companion. Worst AI ever. You constantly have to baby sit this dummy. Even once you have it attacking a target it will just stop and stand there getting beat on like a dummy.

Just an FYI. I hope the other ranger pets aren't like that.

From what I've seen, all of the ranger pets currently fail to autoattack properly - you have to manually direct them towards a target each time their current target dies or breaks engagement. I would be surprised if this hasn't been tagged as a bug already, but if not you might want to report it in the tech support forum.

i'm not sure about dumb AI but i wish obsidian and better polish the lion sprinting animation. the way it sprint looks unnatural and awkward

In other news, they did seem to put a lot of work into the idle animations it does when you're just standing around doing nothing.

/facepalm

My bear doesn't seem to have any problems auto attacking or switching targets. Maybe the Lion's additional ability is glitching the AI somehow?

Maia's companion has the same problem, so I don't think it's an ability specific to the lion. 

My Ghost Heart ranger had this bad. Every time I summoned the companion, I'd have to turn on the AI again or the bear would just sit there doing nothing. Same thing happens when you remove Maia from the party and get her back in again later. Pet AI turns off.