Bug or intended? Engagement numbers

My unbroken warrior equipped with a shield can engage only 2 enemy is it a bug? Cause my shieldbearer pally can engage 3 

it should be: 1 (base) 1 (unbroken/shieldbereear) 1 (shield) is it correct?

i don't understand can somebody help me?

i created a companion exatly like my PC and he can engage 3 enemies.. so definetly a bug, any solution?

Edited by Edolamberto

There is no base engagement in Deadfire. A Shieldbearer and an Unbroken should both have 2 slots when using a shield. Don't know where the 3rd might come from.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

There is no base engagement in Deadfire. A Shieldbearer and an Unbroken should both have 2 slots when using a shield. Don't know where the 3rd might come from.

Oh so base engagement is gone in Deadfire? That explained why the most enemies in the game cannot engage... Honestly I prefer pillar one's way that everybody has at least one engagement, any reason why they changed it in DF?

what? Are u absolutly sure? But why a brand new custom unbroken companion with a shield can engage 3 enemy? I tested this several time with console dummy

i tested also with a naked wizard wielding only 1 melee weapon... and he can engage 1 enemy! so there must be 1 base engagment

also a devoted fighter with a shield can still engage 2 enemy! 1 base, 1 shield.. 2 enemy exatly like my unbroken PC ahah what's the reason to get unbroken 

can someone test this too?

Edited by Edolamberto

Hm, maye that got changed. Because I had melee chars in the beta who couldn't engage and it was said by Josh that engagement is exclusive to certain abilities/modals/enchantments now.

If your MC has less engagement slots than a similar adventurer with the same items then it seems to be a bug. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hm, maye that got changed. Because I had melee chars in the beta who couldn't engage and it was said by Josh that engagement is exclusive to certain abilities/modals/enchantments now.

If your MC has less engagement slots than a similar adventurer with the same items then it seems to be a bug.

damn :(

Thanks anyway