E3 2018 Thread

What also caught my attention is Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. I have never played an Assassin's Creed game. But from what I have heard this game is going to be very different anyway from the predecessors in that it is going to be an actual RPG.

I also watched a few gameplay videos and I liked them a lot.

Not to mention the fact that the game is going to include... ROMANCES  :wub: 

Oh boy...

And it looks really beautiful. Only problem I might have is my graphic card which is about 8 years old...

• Like 2

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Theme Hospital remake!

OMG! WOoo

I have the original on Origin XD Was such a Good game ! Lazy Doctors!  :ban:

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

What also caught my attention is Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. I have never played an Assassin's Creed game. But from what I have heard this game is going to be very different anyway from the predecessors in that it is going to be an actual RPG.

Oh boy...

And it looks really beautiful. Only problem I might have is my graphic card which is about 8 years old...

hahahaha

Ok..today ya win tha cookie ! :thumbsup:

One of my friend been selling it to me this afternoon XD Never played an assassin creed myself..(heard about the females assassin creed but..the gameplay put me off..)...

But yeah...this one....is on the maybe..especially if my other friend get it . Told her..at least we get something new to whine about if it turn out to be crap  :brows:

It kinda remind me of an upgrade of Titan Quest (which I did like..cose..hello....Medusa babeh!)...while I don't care for all that spartan stuff , at least I get to play as female..and Vromance....and dialogues . So hopefully it won't be a dissapointement.... :lol:

• Like 2
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

What is Vromance? I can only find this about Vromance. 

I don't know Titan Quest. From the games I have played, Assassin's Creed: Odyssey seems to resemble Dragon Age Inquisition most.

Dragon Age Inquisition had also very beautiful areas. Sadly, most of them were almost empty (with the notable exception of the Hinterlands). And the side quests were rather bland...

One major difference seems to be that there are no companions in Assassin's Creed? I could live with that though. I do like companions, but since I have played so many games with companions it will be interesting and new for me to play alone with just the main character.

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 3

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

What is Vromance? I can only find this about Vromance. 

I don't know Titan Quest. From the games I have played, Assassin's Creed: Odyssey seems to resemble Dragon Age Inquisition most.

Dragon Age Inquisition had also very beautiful areas. Sadly, most of them were almost empty (with the notable exception of the Hinterlands). And the side quests were rather bland...

One major difference seems to be that there are no companions in Assassin's Creed? I could live with that though. I do like companions, but since I have played so many games with companions it will be interesting and new for me to play alone with just the main character.

oh..vromance is romance XD I just call it Vromance ..for some reasons...

Titan Quest is a hack'n slash game , you should check it out . Kinda similar setting (with old greece and mythologie creatures) . 

Oh god..let's hope not ! DAI sucked ! crappy loot , crappy vilain , crappy armors ...(well gameplay was fun and so were the romances) but thats about it . Open world filled with Codex to read.....booooring . 

I played Witcher 3 after DAI and it did alot of stuff I wish DAI did......save for being stuck as Geralda...that's one down side of witcher 3 . 

yeah well...you never know . Maybe the companions will be 'Temporary' like they help during X quest then leave . Regardless..like you said , can live without them . As long as I get to smooche  :dancing:

Woot! something new to play!  :ban:

• Like 1

Elderly Hive Dweller

Oh god..let's hope not ! DAI sucked ! crappy loot , crappy vilain , crappy armors ...(well gameplay was fun and so were the romances) but thats about it . Open world filled with Codex to read.....booooring .

I wouldn't say DA:I sucked (for me anyway). It had many problems and weaknesses, true. I still found myself enjoying it though.

But anyway, what I would be hoping for is that Assassin's Creed Odyssey would be some kind of improved DA:I (just as already mentioned without the companions).

So I don't hope that it will be just like DA:I, but instead an improved and polished version of it.

And, damn, the more videos I watch about Assassin's Creed Odyssey the more hyped I get. It's very unusual for me to get hyped for a game of a video game series that I don't know. Normally I stick to my video game series, like the Infinity Engine games, or Dragon Age and Mass Effect. And I follow them loyally throughout the years (though I didn't follow Mass Effect into Andromeda).

Even when Pillars of Eternity came about, for me, it was just a continuation of the Infinity Engine games.

But Assassin's Creed is something new. Something unknown. A stranger. A wild card. I guess, that's partly also where some of my excitements comes from.

Edited by Fluffle

Oh boy...

hahahaha

Ok..today ya win tha cookie ! :thumbsup:

One of my friend been selling it to me this afternoon XD Never played an assassin creed myself..(heard about the females assassin creed but..the gameplay put me off..)...

But yeah...this one....is on the maybe..especially if my other friend get it . Told her..at least we get something new to whine about if it turn out to be crap  :brows:

It kinda remind me of an upgrade of Titan Quest (which I did like..cose..hello....Medusa babeh!)...while I don't care for all that spartan stuff , at least I get to play as female..and Vromance....and dialogues . So hopefully it won't be a dissapointement.... :lol:

I haven't played Assassin's Creed either, but I've always loved Greek mythology and ancient history, so this being more of an ARPG certainly peaks my interest.

And Titan Quest is pretty darn great and still to this day, I might add. An ARPG made the right way.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

See, I find this very interesting. How a game that makes some radical changes within its game series suddenly attracts completely new gamers.

I don't know any of the Assassin's Creed games but I've read that this new one is supposedly very different from the previous games. It even seems that there are some fans of the series who don't consider this game a "true" Assassin's Creed game. I don't know what that means, lol.

But here we are. Suddenly our interest has been piqued in a game that is part of a series that is over 10 years old...

Oh and.... uhm... if anyone is interested in the difference between "to peak", "to peek" and "to pique"... :p

Another way to distinguish peak and peek:
MV9GJ2g.png Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 2

Heh! After all these years, I still make that mistake! I meant piqued.

It's like "I've said my piece" or "I've said my peace".

EDIT: And speaking of language, I'm thrilled that the makers of the Odyssey Assassin's Creed have gone for that broken English approach, like in Deadfire and the Vailians. I'm spoiled with that kind of linguistic attention now, so I don't find it cheesy at all - it has grown on me. 

EDIT 2: Having watched the trailer yet again, this will be a preorder thingie for me, I reckon. Assassin's Creed, who would have thought?

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

From Wired:

"The upcoming 11th core instalment of Assassin's Creed – and 20th overall in the series – is for the first time in the series' history being structured as an "epic RPG". The series has often had elements of role-playing games blended in, from levelling up to increase stats, to a quest system driving plots, but the shift here fully adopts the trappings of the form, from customisable armour load-outs to stat-based progression systems.

It's an RPG more in the mould of The Witcher III than Final Fantasy though. It retains the vast open worlds Assassin's Creed has become known for, but populates it with numerous quests, side quests, and what amount to minigame subsystems providing distractions from the main quest. Much of the groundwork for this was laid by last year's Assassin's Creed: Origins, which itself pushed things like progression systems more towards the RPG end of the spectrum, but having gotten hands on with the game at E3 2018, it's clear Odyssey takes things a step further.

Set in ancient Greece, you play as either Alexios or Kassandra, choosing one of the two protagonists at the start of the game and following their life. There's no difference in terms of skills, so it's purely a matter of preference. Both are fully and uniquely voiced, and the basic set-up of the story doesn't change – either way, you're a child of Sparta and descendant of Leonidas I, who is cast out but grows up into a mercenary. Anecdotally, most people in my hands on session had chosen Kassandra, and she seems to be the most talked-about of the pair on the E3 show floor.

There's now a much stronger emphasis on the storyline and interacting with characters in the world, which often creates other branching vignettes. The main quest line involved aiding a rebellion against a cruel ruler, part of a wider story set during the Peloponnesian War, fought between Athens and Sparta. As a mercenary, you can choose to ally with either faction, even switching between them as situations change.

Choices matter now, too. For instance, a conversation with philosopher Sokrates – Ubisoft has gone with the more accurate 'K' spellings of names we'd render in English with a 'C' – leads to a side quest where you can free or kill a captured thief. Your decision either way can come back to haunt you and, like The Witcher III, there are often no clearly right or wrong options. Other conversations can foster romances, including same sex ones, which can impact characters' lives and the world around you.

And what a world – Odyssey is remarkably beautiful, even more so than its immediate predecessor. Ubisoft has recreated the historical splendor of ancient Greece, ignoring the common misconception of white marble as far as the eye can see in favour of colourful buildings, verdant hills, elaborate fabrics, flowers of every colour, and glistening oceans teeming with sea life. It's a phenomenally large world, too – only two islands were accessible at E3, but the wider map shows practically the whole of the Aegean Sea to explore. Hopefully, there will be a companion release of Discovery Tour to follow too, as this is a world you could happily just walk around without any combat to distract you.

Said combat, like much of Odyssey's mechanics, remains very similar to Origins, though with a few upgrades. While still a mix of light and heavy attacks, you'll now be able to unleash special moves. Usefully, these include the ability to rip shields away from guarded foes, and the classic 'Sparta Kick', to boot enemies away should you get overwhelmed. This has a knockback effect too, letting you topple multiple opponents at once. Kassandra/Alexios also carries a mythical weapon, the Staff of Leonidas, which can offer more powerful attacks and skills, though it was at its lowest level with minimal powers in the build provided.

Melee combat really comes into its own in new army battles though. As a mercenary, you can take part in skirmishes, the outcome of which can affect control of territory. These can be massive brawls of 150 vs 150, but thankfully there's more to them than Dynasty Warriors-style hacking-and-slashing. While there will be numerous opponents to contend with at once, enemy unit leaders will be marked with a golden icon, and defeating them lowers overall morale. Enemy heroes serve a similar function – challenging enemies with unique skills, but killing them massively demoralises your foes. Finding and participating in these field battles is one of the more engaging distractions Odyssey provides.

One thing that feels changed for the worse – although again, Origins introduced this – is that the assassination part of Assassin's Creed feels very much reduced. Enemies have their own level indicator, so stealth kills may not be successful if they're too strong in relation to you. While you can level up your own skills in three categories (hunter, warrior, or assassin) to counter this, it shatters the immersion when you try to kill a sleeping guard but he instead just wakes up and starts fighting. A difference in level should be a factor in combat, but it almost feels like the game is cheating when a silent, carefully planned assassination isn't guaranteed.

Odyssey is set around 431 BC. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey set for release on October 5."

• Like 2

Sea Shanties? Check! Sea Battles? Check! An open world with lots of islands to explore? Check.

Deadfire? No... Assassin's Creed: Odyssey!

And look at those Sea Battles! That's the way to do it.

If you'd excuse me now, I have a train to catch.

k81tiJS.jpg Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 1

I know, it certainly has a number of cool features from Deadfire, and that story in that game Greedfall, about colonization etc. has some similarities too. Obsidian seem to have at least one wet finger in the air.

• Like 1

I know, it certainly has a number of cool features from Deadfire, and that story in that game Greedfall, about colonization etc. has some similarities too. Obsidian seem to have at least one wet finger in the air.

You dont fallow trends.

You set them!

• Like 2

I wouldn't say DA:I sucked (for me anyway). It had many problems and weaknesses, true. I still found myself enjoying it though.

But anyway, what I would be hoping for is that Assassin's Creed Odyssey would be some kind of improved DA:I (just as already mentioned without the companions).

So I don't hope that it will be just like DA:I, but instead an improved and polished version of it.

And, damn, the more videos I watch about Assassin's Creed Odyssey the more hyped I get. It's very unusual for me to get hyped for a game of a video game series that I don't know. Normally I stick to my video game series, like the Infinity Engine games, or Dragon Age and Mass Effect. And I follow them loyally throughout the years (though I didn't follow Mass Effect into Andromeda).

Even when Pillars of Eternity came about, for me, it was just a continuation of the Infinity Engine games.

But Assassin's Creed is something new. Something unknown. A stranger. A wild card. I guess, that's partly also where some of my excitements comes from.

I be happy if I get a decent story..that keep me going ! feel like AGES since anyone bothered to write something good...

DAI story was boring...MEA story was very copy paste....

Witcher 3 actually...story was good....but..yeah ..Geralda.. :lol:

I'm mostly hoping just for that..give me a nice vilain to chase ! 

at least the combat look goood......

so do spartan wear anything under those skirt.... :shifty:  what ? gotta know  :lol:

Elderly Hive Dweller

so do spartan wear anything under those skirt.... :shifty: what ? gotta know :lol:

I for one wouldn't like to find out how her private parts smell after a heated battle.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Do female fanstasy warriors wear a thong under their chain bikinis or is it straight metal to skin? Hmm...

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Anywho,

For those who thought "Oh the new Tomb Raider is going to be the same as the other two new Tomb Raider games" You were wrong, it's actually more like the 90's Tomb Raiders but better.

Old Tombs are back and it doesn't have those horrible movement, controls or cameras that were in the very first 90's trilogy so there's that as well.

One of the more interesting titles at E3 (well probably not if you don't own a PS4). The open world is massive and that lighting surpasses anything we as a gaming community have ever seen before.

Note how the webs attach to building and this is probably the first time we have actual FREE flow movement in a video game. Parkour in games like Assassin's Creed and other games never felt free but more linearly tacked on while this feels everfresh and Everealm is the place to show it.

Truly an impressive feat for technology and gaming alike, let's not get ahead of ourselves, we already know it's going to be a great game when it releases.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

"You were wrong, it's actually more like the 90's Tomb Raiders but better."

90s Tomb raiders played themselves too?

Well, let's be honest here, the 90's Tomb Raiders weren't any more difficult but the bugginess of the games made a 8 hour game turn into a 20 hour experience. At least the newer games have refined and comtained the mess that the original games were. Deaths in the 90's trilogy were rarely the player's fault but due to poor design issues. Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

By the clack-smack cracking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...

I don't remember seeing you on the guest list for the dinner party; we're having a wrap party for The Misfits about forty years late. Cast and crew only, boss.

joFI4n3.jpg

(I miss VtmB.)

With all the retarded kickstarters going on why not a sequel. Instead we get AssCreed 17 and Farcry 42. Fifa 3001

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.