E3 2018 Thread

Metro: Exodus continues to look great.

Cyberpunk 2077 looks interesting, though as said before hopefully there's a character creator.

Disappointed at the lack of a new Splinter Cell, given all the developments of the past few months (that Ghost Recon DLC, interviews with Michael Ironside, and the tentative Walmart release date announcements).

Bummed that Warhammer: Chaosbane wasn't demoed at the PC Gamer event.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice certainly has my attention, though was somewhat let down by From not announcing a new Armored Core.

Hopefully Control isn't a PS4 exclusive.

Still not 100% clear on what Death Stranding is.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Sekiro does look great. Isn't that a 2019 game? I'm trying to focus more on 2018 games personally because so many games were shown that I like lol

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Why is nobody posting the streams or whatever. Why do I have to google all the crap on my own? This is the worst E3 thread in all of E3 threads.

Here is AssCreed Greece for the lazy ones:

• Like 3

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I am actually shocked how into it people are. I just come here for trailers and have no interest in the presentations.

I can't even get into the trailers at this point, much less the presentations. Most everything starts looking the same after so many years of watching these things...and that's probably why E3 feels like a giant middle finger of a reminder that the current AAA video game industry is just not for me for various reasons. I guess I've got the new Dark Souls game to sort of look forward to, but that's really just more of the same.
  • Like 3

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The good news is there are a lot of games that looking interesting at this year's E3.

The bad news is that most of them won't be released for another year or so.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well, at least we know you are hiking through landscape with lots of package. I'd link to the video now, but I'm already at work and on mobile.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

So far the games I'm most interested in are,

- RAGE 2

- Metro: Exodus

- Dying Light 2

- Call of Cthulhu

- Dragon Quest XI

- Cyberpunk 2077

- Yakuza 0 (PC Port)

- Ghost of Tsushima

- The Last of Us Part II

- Resident Evil 2 Remake

- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

- Shadow of the Tomb Raider

- Tales of Vesperia: Remaster

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Nowadays I just read summaries of E3. Gaming is a big industry with lots of money involved, and that's made everything pretty predictable.

Sorry I missed the whole Avellone talk, did anyone said anything about him looking fat?

You need the Codex E3 thread for that.

Still not 100% clear on what Death Stranding is.

Nobody is and yet people have been praising it for the last three years.  :shrugz:

Well the impression I'm getting is that there's some form of Souls-ish respawn and retry mechanic, with Kojima coming up with some contrived plot point explaining how that works in-universe, something at least 99.98% of Souls fans thought went perfectly fine without being explained.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I am actually shocked how into it people are. I just come here for trailers and have no interest in the presentations.

I can't even get into the trailers at this point, much less the presentations. Most everything starts looking the same after so many years of watching these things...and that's probably why E3 feels like a giant middle finger of a reminder that the current AAA video game industry is just not for me for various reasons. I guess I've got the new Dark Souls game to sort of look forward to, but that's really just more of the same.
That would have been so true if this didn't happen...

https://youtu.be/ku5DjH8vAtc

Devolver Digital's presentation basically throws jabs at every AAA dev and the 80's & 90's culture. Spitting cold truth and people really hate the truth apparently, just look at the comments lol

Moreover, the big problem with people who don't watch E3, they just don't know exactly what's said in the presentations so they assume something that isn't true. This presentation in particular is the exact opposite of any other.

Also, if we look at the first 10 E3's ever held and the last 10, the last 10 are by far the better conferences. So much has changed, the social networking aspect is a huge part. This year in particular had alot of streamers, discords, and so on. Last year wasn't as nearly as active in that respect and before that nobody really was doing anything so there's that to consider.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

^Because the link in my comment above didn't have a preview which I think is important in this thread...

The building aspect of FO76 is basically Fortnight. Their intentions are clear.

wasn't Fallout 4 released before Fortnite? I was always under the impression they took their cue from games like Rust and The Forest (which aped Origins and Epoch, which aped Minecraft), as did Epic with Fortnite

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Favorite games:

-Dying Light 2

-Ghost of Tsushima

-Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

-Rage 2

-Resident Evil 2 Remake

-Spider Man

-Control <- new game by Remedy Entertainment

-Dragon Quest XI

-Metal Wolf Chaos Remaster

-Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition

Disappointed:

-Cyberpunk 2077: It's pretty obvious that it's trying to be like a GTA game. It will be fun no doubt but I wanted Cyberpunk 2077, not Ghettopunk 2019.

-Death Stranding: sorry, Kojima. But at this point I expect to see something other than handprints appearing out of thin air for the 4th ****ing time in a trailer.

-The Last of Us Part II: not a bad game by any means, I just find Ellie to be super annoying and unlikeable. That and her character doesn't seem to have 'matured' since the first game which also begs the question: 'How does she mow down a herd of armed robbers all by herself? Is she secretly Chuck Norris?!'

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Favorite games:

-Dying Light 2

-Ghost of Tsushima

-Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

-Rage 2

-Resident Evil 2 Remake

-Spider Man

-Dragon Quest XI

-Metal Wolf Chaos Remaster

-Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition

We're pretty much on the same page, though I was also really impressed with some ubi games too.

You see, I don't even care if AC Odyssey isn't historically correct (no game is anyway, if we're being 100) but the new AC games seem to be a better balance of historical fact and... entertainment and that's not a bad thing. That minotaur at the end took me from 300 Rise of An Empire to Clash Of The Titans.

I was super excited for TES6 but after realizing that it definitely is more years away that I care to count, I don't feel it deserves my anticipation just yet. I have no interest in Fallout 76, I personally was let down by it but then again I kinda knew what to expect a little. I hope that anyone who is looking forward to it has fun playing it.

Most games (except for Bethesda's) were very pleasing to my eyes. Graphics are not everything BUT I couldn't help but be amazed by the games that were shown off and unsurprisingly, Sony's games had the best graphics. I literally got chills from a few of the in-game trailers. Especially the Ghost Of Tsushima when he looked atop the overpass. I was like really? He looked both ways then proceeded to cross, getting ok his horse to run through the fields. It's truly a marvel when we can count every grain of sand or blade of grass and PS4's exclusives are the first to allow us to do so.... And to think, I thought The Witcher 3 looked great maxed on my pc!!!

• Like 1

Totally agree with you, SonicMage. Ghost of Tsushima's graphics are honestly the best I've seen so far. As for Fallout 76, it might not be a favorite but I am definitely interested in trying it at some point. While it certainly isn't going to be a good Fallout game, it might turn out to be a fun survival game. I also don't mind giving my money to Bethesda because in my honest opinion, they aren't evil in any kind of way like some other rotten studios out there such as Gearbox(Borderlands 3 missing in action anyone?) or EA.

Let me know if you want to coop it with me. I have the xbox/ps4 and can play the game on either system.

Also, I forgot to add one of the biggest surprises at this e3 to my favorites: Beyond Good & Evil 2!

I was sooooo excited to see an evil Jade. Everybody was so sure this was going to be a prequel but the trailer showed a genuine BG&E 2 sequel and blew me away like nothing during this e3.

Just as I thought, Michel Ancel is a true genius and always manages to deliver...except for 'Wild' maybe. :(

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

:

-Cyberpunk 2077: It's pretty obvious that it's trying to be like a GTA game. It will be fun no doubt but I wanted Cyberpunk 2077, not Ghettopunk 2019.

Trailer didn’t give me RPG vibes. But it’s the first trailer, and we didn’t even see any gameplay. It looks pretty and more colourful that I expected but I won’t hail it as GTA clone/best game ever or whatever else. We really don’t know much more than we did before.

Is Blizzard on E3? Heard rumors about D4

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

BG&E2 a sequel make even less sense than it being a prequel.

The original game was clearly made with a sequel in mind. You probably would've noticed that if you ever finished the original game and watched the ending.