E3 2018 Thread

Dying Light 2 and Rage 2 are my picks so far. Rage 2 is trippy as hell and it delivers exactly what it is promissing: some good ol' shooting and driving. Dying Light 2 is basically Dying Light + Chris Avellone which is totally awesome.

Will check out the Ubisoft and Sony conferances to see if they can surprise me with anything other than Death Stranding.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm very excited for Cyberpunk 2077 and Doom: Eternal above all others. Also the following games I'm looking forward to, or caught my attention:

Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Metro: Exodus
Tunic
Dying Light 2
Cyberpunk 2077

Rage 2
Quake: Champions
Starfield
The Elder Scrolls VI

Edited by algroth
  • Like 2

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Omg look at the opening of this Ubi conf, those colors! See what I mean!!!

It's the style cycle. Early 90's is back. And soon too will Lisa Frank.

Give it another 5 years and the best parts of the 90s will finally kick in. Maybe Cyberpunk 2080 will thematically land for me.

Edited by injurai
  • Like 1

Still not a fan of Rage 2. :>

It looks nothing like the first game. Everything except for that boomerang. Also the shown gameplay looks very multiplayer-esque to me. Arena styled maps, fighting waves of mobs, and at the end some boss appears. Might as well throw in another player at this point.

Seems this is all Bethesda does right now. So much to "save player one" or whatever that crap was a couple months ago. :D

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

So... Prey DLC is a roguelite.

That requires the base game to play.

A roguelite.

That's not in any way stand-alone and requires the base game to play.

... But why though? Where's the major overlap of 'Immersive sim with deep lore and story to tell' fans and 'Roguelite' fans?

Edit: Oh and it's on constant timer. In a game which required systematic exploration and slow, meticulous approach to combat.

I mean... I appreaciate Arkane experimenting, but ... Why though?

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

Ubisoft spat in the haters faces, Ubisoft is killing it. Everything they've shown so far is interesting and relevant. Kudos to them, they're actually listening.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

*skims through thread*

...Fallout online - there was a time when an online game that allowed for soloing might have appealed. Probably wouldn't now. Plus I'm not quite sure what they mean by "you can solo it" - is it that you can not team-up, but you'll still see people and they may try to kill you? eg, it'd be avoid-the-player-killers gameplay. Or if you solo are you alone in the world. That might not be very interesting (alone) if it's set up/made for most chrs. in the game to be people.

At any rate, doesn't sound like my bag.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah... about that, if Betbesda was going to be honest with you, they'd tell you they know that people are going to treat the game as a battle royale setting. The map is overly massive but that's not going to stop people from nuking where you're at. People are smart and will find ways to find players to troll. It's not even a question, it's just common sense.

A couple dozen players on a map, most won't want to work with anyone. You're not likely going to bump into someone who doesn't want to eliminate you to get you out of the way or loot you or whatever. They don't need a reason.

So yeah, it's just gonna be horrible and they already said you can't run your own server or pick what server your on so... that settled that. Unless you have friends to play with, you're going to be at a massive disadvantage. It's just not very smart to play this game alone, Todd Howard said it but in a much nicer way lol

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I wasn't saying that their intentions were not...

I was saying people are nt going to play the game how Bethesda wants or expects and that's been proven already.

They added an evil Jade so now there's no reason for any fan to not be excited, then again, there's just no pleasing people sometimes........ .

• Like 1

K, but the gameplay looks like it's the same exact "video game lite but it's complete w/ friends" sort of experience that everything is turning into.

So yea, there are reasons for people to not be excited.

• Like 1

Ubi has now surpassed Microsoft and taken E3. Now it's up to Sony to take the crown.

In my best Sean Connery voice I say:

"I'm genuinely impressed."

Since when is BG&E2 coming to PC too?

I don't know. If they haven't announced it yet for pc, it will be announced later for Steam and Uplay. I don't think it will be on Origin, GoG or Windows Store.

So... Prey DLC is a roguelite.

That requires the base game to play.

A roguelite.

That's not in any way stand-alone and requires the base game to play.

... But why though? Where's the major overlap of 'Immersive sim with deep lore and story to tell' fans and 'Roguelite' fans?

Edit: Oh and it's on constant timer. In a game which required systematic exploration and slow, meticulous approach to combat.

I mean... I appreaciate Arkane experimenting, but ... Why though?

I'm not sure if it's Arkane experimenting or Bethesda requesting something and Arkane doing the best they can with it...

Especially since there was mention of an "upcoming multiplayer mode". For Prey. Really? I mean, really?!?!

Yeah... about that, if Betbesda was going to be honest with you, they'd tell you they know that people are going to treat the game as a battle royale setting. The map is overly massive but that's not going to stop people from nuking where you're at. People are smart and will find ways to find players to troll. It's not even a question, it's just common sense.

A couple dozen players on a map, most won't want to work with anyone. You're not likely going to bump into someone who doesn't want to eliminate you to get you out of the way or loot you or whatever. They don't need a reason.

So yeah, it's just gonna be horrible and they already said you can't run your own server or pick what server your on so... that settled that. Unless you have friends to play with, you're going to be at a massive disadvantage. It's just not very smart to play this game alone, Todd Howard said it but in a much nicer way lol

I don't really understand who they're aiming the game at. Most people that buy it "because Fallout" will probably quit sooner than you can blink and once only the jerks are left they too will probably look for greener pastures... And the first category might feel burned enough that it'll cut into their initial sales for FO5 (and/or TES VI).

And that's assuming the game isn't a technical wreck on release to begin with. Will be interesting how Bethesda would handle that without modders to fix their crap...

Ubisoft Conference Summary

Just Dance 2019
Beyond Good & Evil 2
BG&E2 Hit-Record Content Collaboration
Rainbow 6 Siege Community Appreciation Thing?
Trials Rising
The Division 2
Mario + Rabbids: Donkey Kong's Adventure
Skull & Bones
Transference VR
Starlink: Battle for Atlas
Starfox for Starlink
Legendary Miyamoto Shows Up And Immediately Improves The Show
For Honor: Starter Edition
For Honor: Marching Fire
The Crew 2
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey