E3 2018 Thread

Create a character via Witcher school/ trial of grasses and a setting before the Geralt trilogy (but maybe with some of the game's/ book's characters where appropriate eg Vesemir or a young Geralt) was certainly one rumour.  Ciri was the other rumour, though IMO the first is more likely.

Ciri has the advantage of being a main character in TW3 so people will immediately recognise her, but she is too powerful and did get an ending, albeit the witcher one could easily be used for a game set up. An earlier setting has far more flexibility and allows character customisation- but lacks the immediate hook of using an existing character.

If the game will be about Ciri I'm very likely not going to play it. Never liked her parts in either games nor books.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

while I didn't like TW3 and forced myself to finish it just to see Ciri's ending, her chapters were easily my favorite parts of the game, and she's definitely the best character this crappy series has to offer IMO

I got the best ending for her, btw, where she stays with Geralt and roams the land killing beasties as a witcher

• Like 4
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I got the best ending for her, btw, where she stays with Geralt and roams the land killing beasties as a witcher

Right answer.

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Respawn Games haven't made anything since Titanfall 2 so it kind of makes sense. I absolutely loved the SP campaign in Titanfall 2 so I am hyped already.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Respawn Games haven't made anything since Titanfall 2 so it kind of makes sense. I absolutely loved the SP campaign in Titanfall 2 so I am hyped already.

Yeah, that's great.

EA at least impressed me with Anthem. Other than that, I missed most of the conference until the last part.

Edited by Gritino
  • Like 1

3024719-bethesda_e3_2018.gif

Is Todd Howard going to lip-sync again?

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Create a character via Witcher school/ trial of grasses and a setting before the Geralt trilogy (but maybe with some of the game's/ book's characters where appropriate eg Vesemir or a young Geralt) was certainly one rumour.  Ciri was the other rumour, though IMO the first is more likely.

Ciri has the advantage of being a main character in TW3 so people will immediately recognise her, but she is too powerful and did get an ending, albeit the witcher one could easily be used for a game set up. An earlier setting has far more flexibility and allows character customisation- but lacks the immediate hook of using an existing character.

I'd hope and pray for the former.  Playing as Ciri would be disappointing for the aforementioned power/conflicting endings for TW3.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

So who wants to bet Fallout will be the sims with base building. That way they can keep releasing new minor stuff like wasteland workshop and new buildables with minimal effort. 

I don't bet, but if I would, I would say that Fallout 76 will be an online game. Maybe an online RPG or a shooter.

Scorn, Agony and now there is Lorn. I saw a review and Agony seems to suck. This doesn't look all that promising either, Scorn on the other hand...

That game still has my interest.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Scorn is cool because it's Giger-esque, and looks to having some shooting mechanics. I hoped Agony would be good because I'm a sucker Dante's hell like settings, even though I'm typically not into over-done gore and suffering. Probably Diablo and Doom have a reason for me liking it. I still get the feeling the journos had something out for Agony, because gameplay seems on par with Amnesia and that was a media darling a few years back.

Lorn... the audio reminds of me Diablo 1. Gameplay wise I get the sense they are trying to recreate King's Field. The trailer had a neat idea of aesthetic but I don't think it will translate to the final game.

So who wants to bet Fallout will be the sims with base building. That way they can keep releasing new minor stuff like wasteland workshop and new buildables with minimal effort. 

I don't bet, but if I would, I would say that Fallout 76 will be an online game. Maybe an online RPG or a shooter.

Who says the SIMS can't have noob ganking. My thinking is that content packs a la the sims is how they want to keep the money rolling. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.