E3 2018 Thread

Yeah, though a lot of people have already discovered that BG&E 2 is not the sequel they wanted or expected. From the looks of it, the game seems to be a MMO hybrid similar to Destiny or The Division. Still, I am curious to see what Michel Ancel is trying to pull off here, he always manages to make great games.

I also wish to see more of 'Wild' at this e3, another game Ancel seems to be working on. That game had a very promising trailer and a gameplay footage but I haven't heard anything from the game ever since. I hope it doesn't get canned.

I feel like you and I are the only people that even remember that game. I've been waiting for that game to turn up for some time now, but unfortunately, it seems that there isn't going to be any word on the development of that game. I think it's been silently cancelled.

• Like 1

Yeah, though a lot of people have already discovered that BG&E 2 is not the sequel they wanted or expected. From the looks of it, the game seems to be a MMO hybrid similar to Destiny or The Division. Still, I am curious to see what Michel Ancel is trying to pull off here, he always manages to make great games.

They revealed last year that the "BG&E2" isn't actually sequel at all, but prequel and all information that has been released  so far of it points out that it will follow Ubisoft's open world model but even more increased focus on multiplayer/shared play aspects that have appeared in their other tittles like Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed and Far Cry.

They revealed last year that the "BG&E2" isn't actually sequel at all, but prequel and all information that has been released  so far of it points out that it will follow Ubisoft's open world model but even more increased focus on multiplayer/shared play aspects that have appeared in their other tittles like Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed and Far Cry.

Can't say I mind that. As long as they put enough time into it, I might pick it up.

I think my impression of it will ultimately be based on how well crafted of a campaign they can craft that isn't based on an overly simplistic set of interacting emergent gameplay. I want bespoke content and rich gameplay systems. With it being multiplayer focuses though, I think they are going for a simple gameplay loop that relies on other players to flesh out game scenarios. I'm also starting to think the whole ship dimension of this game will have diminishing returns...

Looking forward to: More footage of Metro: Exodus to tide me over to its new release date in 2019

Hoping for: Splinter Cell sequel directed by Clint Hocking and being a return to Chaos Theory form.

Intrigued by: The new Tomb Raider, and finally finding out what the hell Cyberpunk 2077 actually entails.

They're finally going to release new info?  Seems like half a decade has passed since we last heard anything about it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

This e3 is all about Microsoft. They just announced that Crackdown 3 is delayed to 2019. I really want to know how Microsoft is planning to redeem itself because if the lack of exclusives and compete with Sony.

They have themselves to blame though, they cancelled Scalebound because they thought it wasn't 'western' enough and Platinum Games simply refused to turn their game into some sort of basterdised version of itself.

Is the Xbox management team conducting their researches under a rock? Almost every 'western' gamer I've seen has a love for Japanese games one way or another, be it action-adventure games or traditional/non-traditional jrpgs.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Looking forward to: More footage of Metro: Exodus to tide me over to its new release date in 2019

Hoping for: Splinter Cell sequel directed by Clint Hocking and being a return to Chaos Theory form.

Intrigued by: The new Tomb Raider, and finally finding out what the hell Cyberpunk 2077 actually entails.

They're finally going to release new info?  Seems like half a decade has passed since we last heard anything about it.

Yeah. People still like the Kingdom Hearts series as well as the Final Fantasy series and those games are pretty "weeby."

Edited by Gritino

Well, I'm looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077. I'm already hyped from the few bits of information they've released before. Like the character classes. I think I'm going to pick the journalist for my first playthrough. After that maybe a rockstar. I really can't wait to play it. I've already chosen a computer to save up for, because my current one can't even handle The Witcher 3 anymore.

I'm hoping for a new announcement by Obsidian, now that Deadfire's out. It's about time.

Something about Bethesda's legendary Starfield would also be really nice. Iove TES, but I can't forgive them for getting rid of S.P.E.C.I.A.L. in Fallout 4, which I'll probably never buy, but I'd love to have a new open world RPG by them. And I need more sci-fi RPGs that aren't postapocalyptic, anyway.

Also, Brian Fargo mentioned something cryptic about a sequel to or remake of Starflight, which isn't done by InXile, many months ago. I'd love to know more about that, though it's very unlikely that it'll be there.

Apart from that, I'm open for awesome surprises. Especially when it comes to RPGs.

Well, I'm looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077. I'm already hyped from the few bits of information they've released before. Like the character classes. I think I'm going to pick the journalist for my first playthrough. After that maybe a rockstar. I really can't wait to play it. I've already chosen a computer to save up for, because my current one can't even handle The Witcher 3 anymore.

I'm hoping for a new announcement by Obsidian, now that Deadfire's out. It's about time.

Something about Bethesda's legendary Starfield would also be really nice. Iove TES, but I can't forgive them for getting rid of S.P.E.C.I.A.L. in Fallout 4, which I'll probably never buy, but I'd love to have a new open world RPG by them. And I need more sci-fi RPGs that aren't postapocalyptic, anyway.

Also, Brian Fargo mentioned something cryptic about a sequel to or remake of Starflight, which isn't done by InXile, many months ago. I'd love to know more about that, though it's very unlikely that it'll be there.

Apart from that, I'm open for awesome surprises. Especially when it comes to RPGs.

I suspect that Obsidian will announce something around this time regarding that other project of their's, but we'll see.

This looks like the first VR title that may actually be worth playing. I trust Insomniac to do much better than Bethesda did.
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I'm not sure that I would ever even play a VR game.

I'm kind of the same, although I can definitely understand some of the appeal (I've seen a couple crazy 3D Imax films wearing some serious headgear, altho that was years ago). I don't think I'd enjoy it all that much overall. It'd be way too much sensory overload for me, I don't think I could take it for more than 15 minutes at a time or something.

Virtual programmable worlds we could physically march through and interact with, like a sci-fi holodeck, I'd love something like that. But all we have is this wear-goggles/helmet "VR" stuff right now and it's just not my wheelhouse.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1005177339158777856

CDPR looks to have a sizeable presence. If it's not 2077 I'll eat a metaphorical shoe. Trying not to get hyped, I have such a lofty image of what it's going to be like I'm afraid it might fall short. Should still be fairly neat though. TW3 but more pnp mechanics, tabula rasa character creation, mixed 1st/3rd person camera with class dependent shooting/combat mechanics. That's all I really know about it so far. I guess a massive city that uses verticle space well.

Gonna b good yo!

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1005177339158777856

CDPR looks to have a sizeable presence. If it's not 2077 I'll eat a metaphorical shoe.

2077 is a given, only question is whether there will be anything playable or just another trailer, or hands off demo. There are a few rumours that they may have something else to announce as well (non Gwent).

According to investor meetings they should be launching a game in 2019 and in 2021. Probably in Q1/Q2 for both windows. I assume the 2021 title is a Ciri game, and next year is 2077.

They've said they aren't done in The Witcher universe, but that Geralt's story is over. People just assume that means Ciri. I'm not sure they are ready to abandon the series that made them too soon.

They've said they aren't done in The Witcher universe, but that Geralt's story is over. People just assume that means Ciri. I'm not sure they are ready to abandon the series that made them too soon.

Pretty sure when they do another Witcher game you'll get to create a character. It doesn't make much sense from a story telling standpoint to make the player character the most powerful person in the lore from the start (not to mention that they gave her an ending in W3 and a sequel would ruin it).