E3 2018 Thread

E3 2018 is almost upon us and with it a bunch of gaming announcements.

I know that not everybody enjoys E3, but I have personally enjoyed each and every one of them. I never have high expectations when it comes to the event. I just want to see more gaming news and that's it. Doesn't matter if the games in question are stuff that I'm not going to play. It's always nice to see what's new.

What are you hoping to see? Do you keep your expectations low, high, or somewhere in the middle?

I hope to see the Cainarsky game.

Isn't that Obsidian's other project?

Yes, aka Project Indiana.

I certainly hope they reveal it at E3.

And I'm hoping that they give a release date for Pathfinder: Kingmaker. I don't like Chris Avellone, but I've got nothing against him as a writer so far. I'll play Pathfinder simply as an RPG fan.

• Like 1

There are only two things which could make me hyped. Yakuza 3,4,5 Remasters announced for the West, and new Tales of... game. I kind of feel numb lately to every single trailer, I've seen this year... Well with a small exception of Rage 2. But still not on the hype train with this one.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

There are only two things which could make me hyped. Yakuza 3,4,5 Remasters announced for the West, and new Tales of... game. I kind of feel numb lately to every single trailer, I've seen this year... Well with a small exception of Rage 2. But still not on the hype train with this one.

Don't be. E3 is best enjoyed when you're not expecting anything. 

• Like 1

Absolutely, though I've only been able to get to this point by maturing naturally. I knew the hype was bad for my expectations when I was young and I hyped myself for months anyways. Still love E3 though.

Absolutely, though I've only been able to get to this point by maturing naturally. I knew the hype was bad for my expectations when I was young and I hyped myself for months anyways. Still love E3 though.

I think that's why some people hate E3.

I consider myself to be more humble. If there's a time of the year solely dedicated to video games, then who am I to complain? I get the complaint that it's a "circlejerk," but it's at least entertaining. New footage, new reveals, new interviews… Basically, it's gaming Christmas. And it gives people an excuse to talk about something new. Besides, the reactions to the announcements are always awesome.

e3 can be fun if you don't take it seriously, same goes for World Cup...

I am looking forward to Death Stranding, Bethesda's unannounced game and anything from Obsidian.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Except the World Cup usually involves human trafficking and hundreds of foreign workers dead or stranded from their homelands.

But I guess booth babes are worse...

Nah, that price goes to the gamers who attend the event, apparentlty the stench is unbearable.

I hope to see the Cainarsky game.

I really hope so too, but I wouldn't count on it. Take Two have already stated that they won't be revealing any new games this E3. Still, msybe Obsidian will on their accord, seeing as it's their IP and all?

My hopes and dreams... crushed.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Where are the Borderlands 3 news???

/cry

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

/cry

I want a Borderlands 3 as well but I am not sure if it will be the same without Paul Hellquist and Mathew Armstrong. Whatever it is I hope it won't suffer the same fate as Mass Effect: Andromeda or Dragon Age: Inquisition...those two games killed Bioware.

/cry

It's called RAGE 2 :p

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Frankly, I wish I could say that Dragon Age 4 had a chance of being there, but if I'm correct (and I haven't really been keeping up with Dragon Age 4) they've lost even more people from the team that was working on it while others were switched to work on Anthem.

Which sucks as I couldn't care less about Anthem.

/cry

Ditto.

But I also think even if there is one, it won't be the same at all. Then I'll cry for what could have been.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

/cry

Ditto.

But I also think even if there is one, it won't be the same at all. Then I'll cry for what could have been.

I'm going to say something that will annoy people: I found both Borderlands and Borderlands 2 boring. I remember enjoying them at first… and then getting bored with them as time went on.

I'm going to say something that will annoy people: I found both Borderlands and Borderlands 2 boring. I remember enjoying them at first… and then getting bored with them as time went on.

why would that annoy anyone? It's a shallow game, Diablo with guns or whatnot. But I found it that type of genre fun. It was also great to play with my husband. That's it. :)

... in terms of E3, what about Bethesda? They put a pic on their twitter that seem to imply ... something. Not that I care much about them these days. What projects to they have in the works?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

why would that annoy anyone? It's a shallow game, Diablo with guns or whatnot. But I found it that type of genre fun. It was also great to play with my husband. That's it. :)

... in terms of E3, what about Bethesda? They put a pic on their twitter that seem to imply ... something. Not that I care much about them these days. What projects to they have in the works?

lol Thanks. I understand that Borderlands has its own fanbase and I didn't want to offend said fanbase, so I gave a bit of a warning before I stated that I found the games to be boring.

Wasn't there a rumor going around that there would be a "Fallout 5" revealed at E3? Or at least some sort of Fallout game? I certainly hope so. I'm not done with that franchise. Then there's Starfield, which has been rumored for a long time. Starfield is supposed to be an open-world game set in space. Other than that, Doom 2 perhaps? Bethesda did hype up their conference, but that could be nothing.

Edited by Gritino

As someone who tends to enjoy vapid action games, I couldn't get into Borderlands.

No interest in Bioware's Anthem.  Dislike any multiplayer game that's not local co-op only, more or less (essentially if someone I don't know can play it, I don't want to play it.  Nothing against the millions of perfectly decent players out there, but I can't waste what little gaming hobby time I have on players whose sense of fun is spoiling others fun or generally being ****.  Its why I avoid MMO-anything like the plague).

Since I don't keep up with game announcements much, E3 usually gets a few titles out in front of me that I'd normally not see.

EDIT: I doubt Fallout 5 would be announced so 'soon' after Fallout 4.  Might be a Fallout NV type spin-off game, but I can't imagine a FO5 proper yet.  Could be wrong though.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man