Urgh, just saw Deadpool 2...again.

If you want wanted to Role Play the Merc, how would we build him?

For anyone that doesn't know - Deadpool is an Assassin from the Marvel Universe that has a healing factor, basically immortal, martial artes training and weilds dual Katana and Pistols. He's a wisecracking anti-hero. Although not in the movies, he occasionally has a tool that enables him to teleport.

I don;t know know enough about Fighter and it's subclasses - I guess the main combos worth considering are:

Rogue/Monk - Shadowdancer: - Obvious why this might work, Assassin/Martial Arts Stylings, teleport esc mechanics, wounds. seems like it could be real flimsy, so don't know if the borderline immortal thing fits here. (Could use Priests ability to prevent death and pretend said priest is Thanos cursing him with immortality?)

Rogue/Fighter - Swashbuckler. - Not too sure how much fighter brings here, but I know it does have passive Regen, pretty deadpool like. Blackjacket maybe? Deadpool does like to use a myraid of weapons.

Rogue/Palain - Holy Knight? I mention this because of Lay on Hands and the Shieldbearer dynamic fitting with the immortality, those the roleplaying doesn't too well and Holy Knight??

Fighter/Paladin Crusader? Again Maybe for mechanics/martial techniques - but for personality rolepaly, maybe not.

Fighter/Monk Brawler. Similar to above, Mechanically could work - won't be forced to roleplay like paladin versions.

Monk/Paladin Votary? Again, mechanically could make this work with the martial stylings and immortality, but personality?

Thoughts?

Edited by SamOftheUels

All those look fine.  Anything with regen and weapons is probably what you want to do. 

You could look at Chanter combos with some of those classes.  Troubadour/X and focus mostly on Phrases.  The occasional debuff/CC invocation could be considered typical Deadpool trash talk/banter causing the enemies to lose hope and freeze in combat.  This would let you grab Soft Winds, Ancient memory, and Mercy and Kindness to up your Regen.  Invocations like Hel-Hyraf, Killers Froze, Reny Darett's Ghost Spake, etc would work with this.

Some Explosive skill tossed in for grenades would also be a pretty good fit.

If you went this route I would look at fighter, rogue, pally, or Monk mixed with Troubadour.  I'm admittedly partial to Chanters.  So, I can make it fit with anything.  So, I could be stretching. 

Obviously, whatever you to you will dual wield pistols and swap to swords/sabres. 

I would go for Fighter/Streetfigher

Swap dual pistols/dual sabres. Black jacket would be cool for swapping, but it removes the recovery, so it is a big no.

Streetfighter because you will always be bloodied in the middle of the fight.

Pick all the regen abilities, barrage and charge from fighter, some full attacks from rogue. Get persistent distraction as it is both super efficient and fitting.

Wear all the regen items (rings, belt etc).

Damage will ramp up with sneak attack+deathblows+passives from fighter+rogue full attacks and you will have a lot of defenses and regen.

Should be fun and efficient!

Oh and always pick the "Clever" dialogue option- Always.

These are both some sweet options, I just tried Rogue/Monk, not sold on it completely- The chanter angle is seriously interesting, didn't even consider that, can make it work role play wise. Explosives is also something I missed, love that, need to research those more.

I wonder how Pure Rogue Streetfighter would do - It does'nt really fit the regen theme that fighter can bring, but the level 8 and 9 spells are very 'pool

Thanks for the input

I would suggest Nalpazca Monk for the regen theme, pump Alchemy and use the Whiteleaf drug (or the amulet that gives the same effect after each rest) to simulate the regeneration. I believe it's a lot of healing. 

It combines well with fighter or it's strong on its own. I don't think it's all that great with Rogue, Charge and Flagellants Path are the best mobility attacks in the game, just food for thought. 

I would suggest Nalpazca Monk for the regen theme, pump Alchemy and use the Whiteleaf drug (or the amulet that gives the same effect after each rest) to simulate the regeneration. I believe it's a lot of healing. 

It combines well with fighter or it's strong on its own. I don't think it's all that great with Rogue, Charge and Flagellants Path are the best mobility attacks in the game, just food for thought. 

Also looks very interesting, been humming and harring hohw much Rogue is actually needed for this, it seemed obvious, but maybe not.

In ay case. what kinda attribute spread are we looking at for this type of build??

These are both some sweet options, I just tried Rogue/Monk, not sold on it completely- The chanter angle is seriously interesting, didn't even consider that, can make it work role play wise. Explosives is also something I missed, love that, need to research those more.

I wonder how Pure Rogue Streetfighter would do - It does'nt really fit the regen theme that fighter can bring, but the level 8 and 9 spells are very 'pool

Thanks for the input

You can read my pure streetfighter build to give you an idea of what is possible. I roleplayed it as a duelist, but it would work great with DP. Just wear two sabers instead of Rapier/Dagger, it might be even more efficient anyways.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/99676-class-build-the-duelling-corsair/

Edited by Myrtillo

Definetly Fidghter since it has healing factor. Not sure how much deadpool is dedicated to swords, but Devoted is one option. Generalist another.

Rogue is other half, since i see there a lot of trash talking. Could be Streetfighhter.

DeathGodlike has the most suitable face.

There is a couple items with health regen.