Hello everyone!

Are there any unique breastplate`s for my paladin, except for those shown on wiki? Devil breastplate is unaccessible for me, Casita breastplate requires starting a war between Valera and Bartallo and Furrante breastplate seems very end game and nothing special in look. Its pretty lame if you ask me.

Edited by justiciar

Hello everyone!

Are there any unique breastplate`s for my paladin, except for those shown on wiki? Devil breastplate is unaccessible for me, Casita breastplate requires starting a war between Valera and Bartallo and Furrante breastplate seems very end game and nothing special in look. Its pretty lame if you ask me.

The wiki data is taken directly from the game, so it seems "No" is the answer.

Unique armors selection is kinda weak atm.
Heavy armors are like 3 or so. (penetration system makes the more or less useless in majority of the fights, but still)

New enchanting system is cool but it's most likely the cause why we don't get much unique armors.
They should  put back some basic enchanting for normal armors and weapons back.

I found myself in the same position. Casita Semalia's Legacy is your best bet. There are multiple ways of resolving that quest. I was playing a Bleak Walker though and found that Atello is alone if you wait until nighttime and if you kill him it doesn't alert anyone or have any consequences :) 

But if that feels too out of character for you try exploring diplomatic resolutions, who knows, maybe things will get out of hand...

It's worth it though. The Intimidate bonus to deflection can get quite high.

I originally went for Furrente's Breatplate and it was a HUGE letdown. It doesn't even look any different from a stock Exceptional Breastplate. It's really not bad once upgraded but as a DPS focused character deflection would have been preferable to taking damage for other characters in a tank-like role.

I originally went for Furrente's Breatplate and it was a HUGE letdown. It doesn't even look any different from a stock Exceptional Breastplate. It's really not bad once upgraded but as a DPS focused character deflection would have been preferable to taking damage for other characters in a tank-like role.

Well, i finally decided to abandon medium armors and went for Berath armor, with is  the only sensible choice in my opinion.

Edited by justiciar

Unique armors selection is kinda weak atm.

Heavy armors are like 3 or so. (penetration system makes the more or less useless in majority of the fights, but still)

New enchanting system is cool but it's most likely the cause why we don't get much unique armors.

They should  put back some basic enchanting for normal armors and weapons back.

I think that it's like the cause behind a lack of unique weapons (particularly in certain weapon types) too.

Honestly though, i don't mind that enchanting is restricted to the unique weapons and armors.  There's certainly a lot of generic enchanted weapons and armors throughout the game.  Too many, IMO.  It seems to me that the game's later game economy is more driven by the (over)abundance of superb and legendary generic weapons and armors.  I don't mind the amount of money they produce.  I'd just rather see less of this highest grade weaps/armors and just give out high amounts of money as rewards.  There's some that seems wrong with having such a high number of what should be extremely costly and difficult to produce enchantments for weapons/armors, even generic ones. 

On a side note, I wish that the Queen's clothing had really been a high grade magic robe.  I don't know how many of you checked out Queen Onekaza's robe if you happened to kill her, but the darned thing is absolutely gorgeous!  IMO, the thing ought to have been a unique Robe with at a minimum a Superb, if not Legendary, basic enchantment, and perhaps having other secondary enchantments.   A robe that great looking doesn't deserve to be relegated to being sold because it's "just" clothing.   

Heck, I really love those Valian coats, like the one that Ydwin is wearing at first, and wish that one of those was an enchanted "robes" of some sort.  Seriously, is there any reason why enchanted "robes" really HAVE to be actual robes?  Why couldn't it be a set of nice clothing instead?  Or perhaps you could have something like that Valian coat as a unique padded armor that just happens to look like a Valian coat/clothes?  Heck, I think that a long trench coat could make for an interesting enchanted "robe" or "padded armor".  It'd be nice to see a little outside the box thinking here.

Breastplate is the category that offers the most uniques (4), on par with leather.

Which makes sense in the setting.

Obviously, more choice is always better, but I think the numbers are decent.

I think that the problem with breast plates, in particular, is that they're kind of gated in an annoying way.  For example, the Casita BP can't be obtained if you try to go for a non-violent solution to the Bardatto/Valera dispute (unless, I suppose, you go back later on and kill its wearer after completing the mission non-violently).   Ditto for the Furrante BP.

Having gated unique items is OK, but maybe it's a bit much to have all of the unique breastplates all gated in this way.  Not everyone wants to go around the Deadfire slaughtering every single character in the search for unique items.  That kind of defeats the purpose of role-playing.

At the same time, I know that I didn't get all of the unique items in my first playthrough for this reason.  And if and when I do my next play through, I'll definitely try to take a different "path", so that I can see things play out a little differently.  It might be a tad tricky, because I invariably play good and benevolent main characters.  But I'll try to find a way to play a nice-ish guy Watcher who simply walks a different path than my first PC.

• Like 1

Breastplate is the category that offers the most uniques (4), on par with leather.

Which makes sense in the setting.

Obviously, more choice is always better, but I think the numbers are decent.

I think that the problem with breast plates, in particular, is that they're kind of gated in an annoying way.  For example, the Casita BP can't be obtained if you try to go for a non-violent solution to the Bardatto/Valera dispute (unless, I suppose, you go back later on and kill its wearer after completing the mission non-violently).   Ditto for the Furrante BP.

Having gated unique items is OK, but maybe it's a bit much to have all of the unique breastplates all gated in this way.  Not everyone wants to go around the Deadfire slaughtering every single character in the search for unique items.  That kind of defeats the purpose of role-playing.

At the same time, I know that I didn't get all of the unique items in my first playthrough for this reason.  And if and when I do my next play through, I'll definitely try to take a different "path", so that I can see things play out a little differently.  It might be a tad tricky, because I invariably play good and benevolent main characters.  But I'll try to find a way to play a nice-ish guy Watcher who simply walks a different path than my first PC.

Fair point.

I did not dig too deep into armors, because the three watchers that I played so far all wore miscreant leathers for that captain looks, and I always leave the companions in their starting apparel.

Suggestions:

- Add the valera breastplate via console and throw away the weapon they give you when solving the quest. RP as if their reward was the armor.

- Take Pallegina's breastplate

- Wear a regular legendary breastplate. lacking bonuses on one piece of equipement is not too dramatic.

and if you want to maintain your achievements, use this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/2

it is... awesome.  best in game editing console I have ever seen.

oh, and the devil's breastplate + Helm of the falcon looks really nice on a bleak walker.

try setting your primary color to black, and your secondary to dark red.

I was very pleased with the result.

Edited by Ichthyic
  • Like 1

It seems to me that the game's later game economy is more driven by the (over)abundance of superb and legendary generic weapons and armors.  I don't mind the amount of money they produce.  I'd just rather see less of this highest grade weaps/armors and just give out high amounts of money as rewards.  There's some that seems wrong with having such a high number of what should be extremely costly and difficult to produce enchantments for weapons/armors, even generic ones.

Josh Sawyer said in one of the streems that legendary items are not supposed to drop. Not sure if that means not supposed to drop at all or only from boss encounters or what, but he said it.

and if you want to maintain your achievements, use this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/2

it is... awesome.  best in game editing console I have ever seen.

oh, and the devil's breastplate + Helm of the falcon looks really nice on a bleak walker.

try setting your primary color to black, and your secondary to dark red.

I was very pleased with the result.

if we're talking style pale hide+ whitewitch mask looks absolutely amazing, especially on a coastal aumaua