Replacing music tracks, is it possible?

It's clear this is way beyond my knowledge (or lack of thereof) and sadly no one else seems interested in fiddling with the game's music. So take this post as a cry of desperation.

I've spent hours on WWise trying to understand how it works and what it's supposed to do. Mind you I'm not a game dev or programmer, in fact I'm completely clueless. The one thing I can do successfully it convert a .wav file into a .wem file and grab if from the .cache folder. So, here's what I've tried:

1) The most obvious: I tried replacing the .wem file I want to change with my own, renamed .wem file. 

2) I've tried loading "music.bnk" from game files and convert my track with that structure, in an attempt to fool the converted file.

3) Tried making my own banks that imitate the game's structure as it's shown in "music.txt" and force the game to load them via ""SoundbanksInfo.xlm"". 

4) Tried editing "SoundbanksInfo.xlm" and tweak every single reference to the track I want to change, in order to match my file from WWise. 

All the above result in silence when the track is queued in game.

The only relevant quote from a developer when it comes to modding audio:

No override folder and needs wwise packages.

I'm not sure what that means and I've failed trying to find out.

If anyone has any understanding of how Unity's game engine functions when it comes to loading .wem, or how the hell WWise works when it comes to exporting/packages, please give me anything to work with. I've spent way too long on something minor like this out of stubbornness and I've hit a wall.

• Like 1