PSA: Adjusting dispositions is really easy

My Paladin accrued some Aggressive disposition points through no fault of mine (role-playing like an absolute saint), which resulted in some minor defense penalties, so I went here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/2

Essentially this mod modifies your executable to allow a cheat engine to run alongside the game, which you can use to alter your dispositions to anything you desire. (and also a load of other things, but I digress)

You can then unmodify the executable, delete the mod, and carry on with your fixed character as if nothing was ever installed.

The game will be oblivious, and you'll not lose achievements.

As far as I am aware there are no bugs that result from this process.

Happy hunting in the Deadfire Archipelago!

You said "through no fault of mine". Are you implying this is bugged, then? Otherwise I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I heard that even if you play as a Bleak Walker you are forced to take a diplomatic dialogue option. It must be something like that, a conversation with no good choice for that paladin subclass.

sign.jpg

You said "through no fault of mine". Are you implying this is bugged, then? Otherwise I'm not sure what you're talking about.

From what people reported disposition tags are all over the place. Sometimes you gain disposition simply by picking “farewell” option. One of the things that requires devs attention.

D'oh. Now that's disappointing.

(I haven't played the game yet, as my first try of approximately ten minutes proved that it's clearly not ready.)

Bugs I've seen so far:

1) The aforementioned misplaced Aggressive disposition change

2) AI behaviours not firing correctly

3) Some monsters behave oddly sometimes, specifically these fat blobs making this horrendous noise, something to do with a misfiring AI behaviour I suspect

I heard that even if you play as a Bleak Walker you are forced to take a diplomatic dialogue option. It must be something like that, a conversation with no good choice for that paladin subclass.

Yeah. There's at least one dialogue branch you can reach where you end up with two dialogue options, one being marked benevolent the other being marked diplomatic. Considering, a) you can take neither on a Bleak Walker and b) one choice is often enough to give you level 1 of that disposition, this is not ideal.

Edited by CottonWolf

Yeah. There's at least one dialogue branch you can reach where you end up with two dialogue options, one being marked benevolent the other being marked diplomatic. Considering, a) you can take neither on a Bleak Walker and b) one choice is often enough to give you level 1 of that disposition, this is not ideal.

That is really bad. Hopefully it's already in their plans to "correct".

sign.jpg

If you haven't reported disposition issues on the technical support forum, there is a general thread for disposition issues: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/99064-disposition-issues-collection-thread/

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man