How to deal with Fampyrs? Mostly their chaming/terrific side?

Take bull's will?

Use Chanter They shielded their eyes against fampyr gaze?

Is there some drug, potion, food, or tavern buff very good with will saves?

The gold buckler that you acquire very early from the Cavern of Xaur Tuk Tuk, Shimmer Scale, can receive the enchantment Warped Scales --this gives immunity to all gaze spells, including dominating gaze. 

If Pallegina or a Paladin PC have liberating exhortation or the passive ability that lets their attacks remove confuse, domination, charm, etc. from party members, they can rapidly remove Vampyric domination.

An ideal party for vampyrs would have Modwyn w/ True Independence, mentioned above, and the Shimmer Scale equipped to different characters. If you metagame hard, captain's banquet, svef, or one of the new alcohols (I think) would make your entire party immune to domination, but that is probably overkill. 

Edited by lpro
  • Like 1

The gold buckler that you acquire very early from the Cavern of Xaur Tuk Tuk, Shimmer Scale, can receive the enchantment Warped Scales --this gives immunity to all gaze spells, including dominating gaze. 

If Pallegina or a Paladin PC have liberating exhortation or the passive ability that lets their attacks remove confuse, domination, charm, etc. from party members, they can rapidly remove Vampyric domination.

An ideal party for vampyrs would have Modwyn w/ True Independence, mentioned above, and the Shimmer Scale equipped to different characters. If you metagame hard, captain's banquet, svef, or one of the new alcohols (I think) would make your entire party immune to domination, but that is probably overkill. 

fampyr dominate abilities are resistant to aegis of loyalty, and once struck usually immediately revert back to being dominated if it actually works. or at least in my experience with those little ****ers. 

Edited by Casper

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

Svef gives intellect affliction immunity,

... Svef being basically cannabis.

Snrrrk.

No, no, no. Svef is a powder made from berries that induces hallucinations. It's nothing like cannabis. *WHITELEAF* is cannabis; it's a common weed that's dried and smoked in a pipe and induces a sense of calm and lethargy.

• Like 1

fampyr dominate abilities are resistant to aegis of loyalty, and once struck usually immediately revert back to being dominated if it actually works. or at least in my experience with those little ****ers.

AFAIK fampyrs are bugged right now and will spam the gaze. Plus the problem with my mass tank party and Aegis of Loyalty was they couldn't actually hit each other ^^

There is indeed a drink, called Wael's something. Looks like a goblet of wine.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Use Chanter They shielded their eyes against fampyr gaze?

Just so you know "They Shielded Their Eyes Against the Fampyr's Gaze" will only downgrade their Dominating Gaze to a Charm so you will still lose control of your characters, they just won't use any special abilities.

• Like 1

Talking of svef & whiteleaf, is a stacking debuff intended? I used whiteleaf on Eder twice and ended up with a stacked debuff that wouldn't go away without resting, so I've never bothered since.

nvAeseu.png

AFAIK fampyrs are bugged right now and will spam the gaze. Plus the problem with my mass tank party and Aegis of Loyalty was they couldn't actually hit each other ^^

There is indeed a drink, called Wael's something. Looks like a goblet of wine.

in my case, my paladins managed to hit my party members just fine. it's just the aegis didn't do anything about 1/3 of the time, i saw the damage in the combat log, and its fairly visible on the healthbar too. or at least i think i did, it's hard to tell exactly what was going on in that mess post combat.

Edited by Casper

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

Svef gives intellect affliction immunity,

... Svef being basically cannabis.

Snrrrk.

No, no, no. Svef is a powder made from berries that induces hallucinations. It's nothing like cannabis. *WHITELEAF* is cannabis; it's a common weed that's dried and smoked in a pipe and induces a sense of calm and lethargy.

Mm, I suppose. I guess I just assumed it was weed after that quest in PoE1 where it came up that Svef just made people listless and unfocused. Shrooms, then?

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Paladin worked in theory for me. In practice they were spamming charm/dominate so darn fast that if I blinked the character would be charmed again. It was absolutely insane, And I thought Fampyrs were a pain in the first game...

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

One fight I had with them, I had at least 2 party members out by being dominated at all time. And that was with Pellagina, so my experience is, yeah they do spam it. But I could be unlucky I guess.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."

Lord of Light

Just give everyone one or two blunderbuss and activate the modal ( since you really have a lot of spare points anyway).

Boom booom, everyone is blinded ( immune to gaze spells) and burnig fampyrs around

• Like 2

Just give everyone one or two blunderbuss and activate the modal ( since you really have a lot of spare points anyway).

Boom booom, everyone is blinded ( immune to gaze spells) and burnig fampyrs around

That works? ö

nvAeseu.png

in a few games vampires themselves say shotguns are trouble, but who knew the extent of it?

• Like 2

ok regardless of whether aegis works as intended, did anybody else try just using shimmer scale w/ gaze immunity enchantment on their paladin, modwyr on another tank/melee dps class, and setting paladin AI to spam liberating exhortation on intellect affliction?

bc i did that and annihilated fampyrs. //maybe// aloth had banquet. (does arcane reflection spell by wizard also work against fampyrs)

if anything the Banquet and drink and should give only //resistance// to those afflictions —svef is time limited so immunity would be fine. it is trivializing to buy luminous lobster for 59 cp in Dunnage and or Sakuza and then own Vampyr face in an entire upper-lvl dungeon.

Edited by lpro

One fight I had with them, I had at least 2 party members out by being dominated at all time. And that was with Pellagina, so my experience is, yeah they do spam it. But I could be unlucky I guess.

I guess I was'nt clear.

Yeah, my party is also perma dominated everytime, but I don't even see them cast it. If I jump one, who is clearly doing other ****, my party member gets instantly charmed, everytime.

Is it like an aura around them? On hit effect? I don't get it really. Charm and Domination is always really powerful but these buggers don't even need to do anything this time around. It just happens.

i think it's supposed to be a gaze attack, so in theory it should be quick, but to me, it does seem bugged, I can't imagine that dominate is supposed to be instant cast, with no limitations on how many times it can be used. Because currently, one fampyr can perma dominate my entire party, which seems a tad silly.

Lord of Light