Respeced Herald Pallegina. Now my chant selection is ignored

HoopleDoople

Question

I respeced Herald Pallegina and for some reason I now have multiple versions of chant A, B, etc. I can still setup and pick the chant I want, but in combat Pallegina always switches to a version of chant A that is only Blessed was Wengridh, Quickest of His Tribe. I checked and she has no AI behavior set, and the problem occurs with AI script off anyway.

Please let me know what, if anything, I can do to fix this.

EDIT: Oh, and apparently I'm not getting any phrases from chanting either.

Edited by HoopleDoople

4 answers to this question

It's tied to the major, general respec bug...

The devs are fully aware of it, and I'm assuming it'll be one of the things included in the next patch coming out early next month (though don't quote me on that, as I don't work for Obsidian - I just know that they're fully aware of the respec issue).

Many things go all wonky when you respec a character. Devoted lose there weapon prof and only keep unarmed. The Watcher loses all training skills (and Gift of the Machine, if you had it). Sometimes you'll "skip" levels on a respec. The list goes on and on.

Never heard of or seen chanters completely losing access to chants and invocations as a result of it though. But, given how wonky respec'ing has been already, I can't say I'm surprised either.

Aloth: "Vela, that's not a very nice word... Where did you learn that?"

Vela: "Uncle Serafen."

Aloth: "I see.. We'll just have to have a little chat then, wont we?"

After the latest patch I am having a similar problem with Pellagina as a Paladin (five suns)/Chanter.

Sometimes she switches chants on her own to the chant A which is her default/original chant.

Sometimes she stops gaining phrases and just stays at 0/4.

Never re-spec'd her or any character.