It's early in my game.

Eder just gave me a hard time, for no apparent reason.  It was just after Xoti cleansed her soul at the statue of Guan.  

Eder keeps on smiling and nodding through my various conversations with people.  My character has been honourable, tries to do the right thing (insofar as the game allows it), and I can see no reason why he all of a sudden threatens me. I've checked Eder's character page, and i am not doing anything he would dislike, according to that. 

What gives?  There don't seem to be any reputation/relationship guides out there. This is pretty out of the blue, I have to say. All of my other companions are at 0 or plus 1 or 2. 

One problem I have with the reputation system is that your old buddies do not seem to remember anything from POE1. Very early in the game my rogue who was big buddies with Eder in POE1 stole a box or something from some Eothas worshippers and hop.... -1 total rep with Eder and I receive a speach from him as if I'm some terrible person who deserves all of his mistrust. The reputation system does not work for your old buddies.

Edited by Rhaeg
  • Like 3

Actually, it works perfectly well.

In fact, insofar as PoE I is concerned, the game is finally acknowledging and reacting to your actions in some capacity when it comes to your companions, in Deadfire.

None in PoE I could leave you if you did not expressly ask for it yourself.

So, it is logical for Edér to react, because according to his personality and your description of the event, the one at the beginning of the game, you go out of your way to steal from a group of people, worshipers of Eothas to make matters worse.

It sure will not fly by him in that case.

If anything, I think they are way too kind and lenient when it comes to Edér ; besides Eothasians and perhaps a few other instances I did not yet encounter, Edér sure lets fly by a lot of horrible decisions you can make, that affect the life of ordinary folks for no good reasons.

In PoE I, you could basically be a genocidal maniac and still be friend with him… I am just saying :p

Edited by Occursus

One problem I have with the reputation system is that your old buddies do not seem to remember anything from POE1. Very early in the game my rogue who was big buddies with Eder in POE1 stole a box or something from some Eothas worshippers and hop.... -1 total rep with Eder and I receive a speach from him as if I'm some terrible person who deserves all of his mistrust. The reputation system does not work for your old buddies.

If you are rude to that first group you meet, he disapproves, but it's pretty easy to get the rep back up. I threatened them with a test char I made and had it back up to 0 really fast by cracking jokes. No one says anything when you steal and pickpocket throughout the rest of the game, outside of scripted interactions.

nvAeseu.png