Someone have good advice for a Drizzt Do'Urden build?

I'm trying to make Drizzt Do'Urden, my choice atm is a Devoted (saber) / Ghost Heart.

This is my current character, but i would make it better... Someone have any good advice , maybe about stats and abilities ?

Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_Screensh

Edited by kilay
  • Like 1

I don't know if Drizzt had an animal companion.  (I wasn't into reading D&D fiction.)  But for some reason, I just have the feeling that he'd be more of a Stalker than any other ranger subclass.

But looking at the Stalker subclass, it looks rather weak to me.  It's basic benefits don't seem like they have any scalability. Classes where you get a +XX% to damage scale in a way because as you go up through the levels, you have access to better weapons that do more base damage, which means that your +XX% subclass damage mod will become more effective.  But a +5 DEFL bonus actually becomes progressively weaker over time as a percentage of your overall DEFL value.  That is, a +5 DEFL bonus looks good when your DEFL is only around 30.  But when it's getting up towards 70, 80, 90 or higher, it starts looking progressively less impressive.  It's too bad that the Stalker doesn't get get a bump to the DEFL bonus every 4-5 levels or so.

I don't know if Drizzt had an animal companion.  (I wasn't into reading D&D fiction.)  But for some reason, I just have the feeling that he'd be more of a Stalker than any other ranger subclass.

He had a panther figurine that let him summon a magic panther. That's a pretty perfect fit for what Ghost Heart does.

• Like 4

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

His fighting style struck me as fundamentally defensive, so I'd use Fighter or Fighter/Barb with stuff like Vigorous Defense and Guardian Stance. Barb has some decent tanking talents, and there was that weird animalistic trance/state that Dman sometimes went into. There's always Paladin, but this is Drizzt.

There is a figurine that summons an Elder Tiger, as an alternative to using a Ranger companion.

• Like 4

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

You can start with higher Dex. I mean... it's Drizzt!

Max dex, dump int. Stalker is much better than Ghost Heart, and fits Drittz better imo

He had a panther figurine that let him summon a magic panther. That's a pretty perfect fit for what Ghost Heart does.

Thnks to all, ok probably i will max dex and dump a little int, about class i choosed ghost heart right for the panther figurine and how Crucis said Staker doesn't give too much benefits.. basically Drizzt is a Fighter, i multiclass it just to have Guenhwyvar to summon

His fighting style struck me as fundamentally defensive, so I'd use Fighter or Fighter/Barb with stuff like Vigorous Defense and Guardian Stance. Barb has some decent tanking talents, and there was that weird animalistic trance/state that Dman sometimes went into. There's always Paladin, but this is Drizzt.

There is a figurine that summons an Elder Tiger, as an alternative to using a Ranger companion.

Great to know, some info where i can found it? or maybe the item code?

Pale elves definitely look cool. But wouldn't the wily step bonus of wood elves be more appropriate?

I also don't think he is particularly strong, so maybe you could repurpose a point or two there.

Joe

Edited by JFutral

Pale elf, Devoted/Ghost Heart dual wielding sabers, that's obvious. However the stats should be more like 13mig, 14con, 20dex, 13per, 15int, 13res (with berath's blessings) and focus on attack speed (Scordeo's Edge, etc...)

• Like 1

Don't remember where I got it in game. giveitem figurine_jade_tiger

Seems to have really nice combat stats too.

• Like 1

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

Pale elf, Devoted/Ghost Heart dual wielding sabers, that's obvious. However the stats should be more like 13mig, 14con, 20dex, 13per, 15int, 13res (with berath's blessings) and focus on attack speed (Scordeo's Edge, etc...)

That seems about right.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Don't remember where I got it in game. giveitem figurine_jade_tiger

Seems to have really nice combat stats too.

Many thnks, tried right now and fit even more then the lyon, but i can't control it and call it with a name... btw it's exactly the item that Drizzt need and with this one, i can switch to a fighter/barbarian to take more advantage from the high INT using berath's blessing and stats like Kaylon suggested.

I'm a little undecided cuz with Ranger i can improve a bit the summon but  INT for this build doesn't worth all those points.

BTw thnks again to all , a lot of good advices.

Edited by kilay

Why pale elf?

Joe

Can you even make a Wood Elf look like Drizzt?  

Was he an albino? Never read the stories.

Joe

He's a Dark Elf from Forgotten realms D@D settings, Pale Elf is really the only thing that allows you to get close to the same look.

In Particular, the Icewind Dale and Dark Elf Trilogies by R.A.  Salvatore.

Edited by Climhazzard

Joe

He's a Dark Elf from Forgotten realms D@D settings, Pale Elf is really the only thing that allows you to get close to the same look.

Right, but that's my point. He was Drow. Pale elves are, well, pale. Seems wood elf gets closer in complexion and you can still get the white hair I see him often illustrated with.

Joe

Final choice (with Berath's Blessing)

Joe

Right, but that's my point. He was Drow. Pale elves are, well, pale. Seems wood elf gets closer in complexion and you can still get the white hair I see him often illustrated with.

Joe

I make it black if you check my screen

you could use this mod to unlock more character creation model & color

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/13

Edited by kilay
  • Like 1

Any idea about some saber like Icingdeath &Twinkle that i can found in the game or add with console?

And sorry for another question there is a list of item code somewhere? I just found the PoE1 one ..

Edited by kilay