Apologies for such a simple question, but I can get something seemingly simple to work no matter how much it makes sense in my head to set it up how I have.

I just wanna cast certain buffs in a certain order at the start of a fight.

A simple example of what's going wrong. 2 Buffs set up - Start of fight, dude proceeds to use all resources casting the first buff in the list multiple times.

Why?

How does one set this up properly?

Apologies for such a simple question, but I can get something seemingly simple to work no matter how much it makes sense in my head to set it up how I have.

I just wanna cast certain buffs in a certain order at the start of a fight.

A simple example of what's going wrong. 2 Buffs set up - Start of fight, dude proceeds to use all resources casting the first buff in the list multiple times.

Why?

How does one set this up properly?

Could be the cooldown time. If it's set to zero, it'll just retrigger the list over and over. 

Has inspiration and has concentration are useful, but if you have a lot of buffs which can cover similar things or don't have those conditions it won't do a lot of good. So yeah you have to use reset timers. The problem with reset timers is that they persist outside of combat. So if you set them too long (like the duration the buff would last on you) you might not be able to cast them in your next fight. If you have two buffs of the same spell level though reset timer works perfectly because the timers can be really short. Like if you wanted to cast Infuse with Vital Essence and Arcane Veil you'd just give the first one a short reset timer like five seconds or so and they'd both cast and be ready for your next fight. You don't have to worry about casting them over and over because you've already spent your spell slots.

The AI checks all of the instructions you have listed, from top to bottom, after every action. It does not check the first action, perform the first action, check the second action, perform the second action, etc. 

For a lot of buffs (e.g. Monk's Swift Strikes, Fighter's Disciplined Strikes) it's best to start by selecting "Has Inspiriation: Quick/Intuitive/etc" for the relevant skill and selecting the NOT checkbox. This works for most scenarios, but you should also add a cooldown to the abilities in case you're targetting by a spell that suppresses your positive effects. Otherwise, you'll activate the ability but not receive the inspiration, which would cause the AI to attempt to activate the ability again, etc.