Request: Berath's Blessing Option: Skip Port Maje intro

beatspores

Question

Deadfire is a considerable improvement on every feature over the original, I love it to bits.

I think the intro area is a good primer, but for every playthrough after the first one, intro areas are a chore. Beraths Blessing is a cool feature and I would very much like for one to be able to choose an auto-completed intro area and let you start the game on the ship just before you stock up on crew and supplies. As in, you get the proper XP you would have completing everything in the intro area, and perhaps a suitable amount of coin, so that all you have to do is level up your hero and perhaps buy some stuff in Port Maje and then go to Neketaka or whatever.

What you guys think?

4 answers to this question

I mean... during the upcoming patch they're going to allow you to skip the intro up to the character creation screen so theres that.

I don't think you should skip past the intro area at the beach though. Notably because your actions after the character creator up to Port Maje can affect your gameplay in different ways.

1. Your choices with Eder: he can be dead from POE1, he can be rejected from your team, or he can join your team as a Fighter/Rogue/Swashbuckler.

2. You can potentially lose all crewmates except Eld Engrim before entering Port Maje. The lady who got stuck at the barrel can either die during the shipbattle or be left to die by the PC, Chitupec can be left to die at sea or saved at the cost of some unique items, and the Drawf can die if you fail to deal with the traps properly.

Because theres a number of different outcomes during the intro area, I don't think skipping pass it would be a good idea. 

At least on the bright side, they will definitely allow players to skip to character creation.

I mean... during the upcoming patch they're going to allow you to skip the intro up to the character creation screen so theres that.

I don't think you should skip past the intro area at the beach though. Notably because your actions after the character creator up to Port Maje can affect your gameplay in different ways.

1. Your choices with Eder: he can be dead from POE1, he can be rejected from your team, or he can join your team as a Fighter/Rogue/Swashbuckler.

2. You can potentially lose all crewmates except Eld Engrim before entering Port Maje. The lady who got stuck at the barrel can either die during the shipbattle or be left to die by the PC, Chitupec can be left to die at sea or saved at the cost of some unique items, and the Drawf can die if you fail to deal with the traps properly.

Because theres a number of different outcomes during the intro area, I don't think skipping pass it would be a good idea. 

At least on the bright side, they will definitely allow players to skip to character creation.

The introduction chapter is the only one I want to skip. Let me load my world space, create my character, and move on. 

Edited by PatrioticChief

Sorry, I totally missed that there was a news update where this feature is presented, so thank you Obsidian, in hindsight or something.  :w00t:

Edit: Or is it only the in between Wheel part that is skipped?

Edited by beatspores