[Spoiler] Easy method to steal vendors most valuable Items

Easy method to steal vendors most valuable items without spending points in stealth:

First of all: You need Bounding Boots (blue random? drop/loot (can't remember where to get them, but in lategame you will have found this boots 2 or 3 times))

lrlhavex.jpg

1. Unlock the chest you want to loot

2. Position yourself out of sight --> wait till your cirlce isn't red/yellow anymore

7nleokg8.jpg

3. Jump with Leap next to your target

fe8pffgo.jpg

4. Once you hit the ground --> push pause --> click chest while game is paused --> unpause

5. Item should be lootable without beeing seen by NPCs

Once you move again, the stealth circle will start filling

For example i stole this way:

Grave Calling and Patinated Plate in Crookspur

Devil of Caroc Breastplate in Periki's Overlook

Scordeos Trophy in the Brass Citadel

and many more.

Edit: The content of the boxes are fix. 

Edited by Kl3in
  • Like 12

Done this as Bleak Walker Paladin.

xqsu4dd7.jpg

Haha the stealthy jump. Nice find!

These boots can be looted in Fort Dreadlight in the area where Captain Bennweth is. Not sure if I got his name right, the dude who tries to take ur boat at the very start.

Edited by Dorftek
  • Like 1

Haha the stealthy jump. Nice find!

These boots can be looted in Fort Dreadlight in the area where Captain Bennweth is. Not sure if I got his name right, the dude who tries to take ur boat at the very start.

Ah yeah! You are right! That way you can save a lot of gold early on :)

• Like 1

xqsu4dd7.jpg

Oh my. I knew Bounding Boots were awesome, but right now, but with this, they have unquestionably become my favorite in-game item.

I now want a Berath's Blessing to have the entire party start with a pair of Bounding Boots.

• Like 1

The contents of the boxes seem to be randomly generated as soon as you enter the shop or the area.

For example Uto's Gunsmithy: The chest right next to him --> He sells Dragon's Dowry and Scordeo's Trophy
--> In that chest is only one of those

and sorry for my bad english :p

Is the item in the box permanently generated after the first time you visit the shop area, or does it change with every load?

Anyways, amazing find, you can easily save 100k and get some op gear right in the beginning.

The contents of the boxes seem to be randomly generated as soon as you enter the shop or the area.

For example Uto's Gunsmithy: The chest right next to him --> He sells Dragon's Dowry and Scordeo's Trophy
--> In that chest is only one of those

and sorry for my bad english :p

Is the item in the box permanently generated after the first time you visit the shop area, or does it change with every load?

Anyways, amazing find, you can easily save 100k and get some op gear right in the beginning.

As i can see, the item is permanently generated.

I haven't noticed any changes so far. 

xqsu4dd7.jpg

Rogues have the same option from level 1. Their escape ability can be used out of combat.

Well, that has to be a great unintended way to help rogues be the best thieves. ^^

• Like 2

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

I was wondering when people will find it out :D I was using it for awhile to gear up on solo runs early :D

Well, now everyone can cheese grind :D

Edited by Voltron
  • Like 1

Brilliant! :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

• 2 weeks later...

I think the part of the chest in Uto's gunsmithy having either Dragon's Dowry or Scordeo's Trophy might be wrong. I've never seen Dragon's Dowry in the chest, just the Trophy every time. I did some tests now, saved before going to Brass Citadel for the first time - it's always the Trophy.

No need to bother with any of this, stealth detection goes away if anyone in your party is conversation with an NPC, just park someone in stealth next to whatever you want, talk to someone until the detection goes away, then leave the convo and pause

• Like 4

Very true. No need for any ability - also stealth is not needed. Only sleight of hand if you want to pick people's pockets and mechanics to unlock their chests. But you've to unpause before initiating the conversation - else it will not work.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Nice find. More so because the infinite money glitch was fixed with patch 1.1 *.

(* before patch 1.1 you could continously steal back everything you sold to the fisher in Port Maje ... was a nice way the pile up some starting money)

Edited by Tommy1984

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

No need to bother with any of this, stealth detection goes away if anyone in your party is conversation with an NPC, just park someone in stealth next to whatever you want, talk to someone until the detection goes away, then leave the convo and pause

Very true. No need for any ability - also stealth is not needed. Only sleight of hand if you want to pick people's pockets and mechanics to unlock their chests. But you've to unpause before initiating the conversation - else it will not work.

JUST... LOL! ;)

To be perfectly honest with you guys, you might not even have to do this. 

I've been looting people's things here and there under Magran's Challange and what I notice is that if my sneak meter is not full, while even in the red, I just wildly mash the 'loot all' button as I am approaching the chest and it just works. But it has to be before the meter fills completely. It feels like there is a split second of loot invincibility for everybody... I kid you not. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Ok, I got it to work by initiating convo - without fancy gear or Rogue skills. But the window of opportunity is very small from when detection goes off to when it goes back on. Like 5 seconds? Maybe less. So you have to be super fast. I don't think I'd employ this tactic in Ironman mode, due to the chance of mis-click.