Is Pillars of Eternity II men hating pro feminist game.

From my point of view problem in latest RPG games is incapability of making strong female characters, by failing it developers immediately put SJW propaganda into games.

Example: Great explanation how to make strong female character is Witcher 3, i think all of us who played that game remember the quest on Skellige , quest when we need to help both Hjalmar an Crate and Cerys an Crate. Hjalmar went to kill the giant because he is a strong man and most likely he is capable to do it . While Cerys went on other island to to help yarl about posetion, she chose more intellectual quest coz she can't perform fits at man. During those quests you see how capable BOTH characters are . All of my 3 playthrough i chosed Cerys  coz i think she is best leader for Skellige.  So, my point is , that both characters showed different kind of strength , Hjamar as a man went to do one thing, Cerys as a woman chose intellectual , different thing, coz she can't perform fits as a MAN. This is best example of strong man and STRONG FEMALE characters. 

Witcher is a true game that made a true difference between female and man strenght.

So if Witcher 3 is a Bioware game , Hjamlar would be some crybaby man, and Cerys would go to kill Giant , coz she is a STRONG WOMAN. This is formula how new RPGs are being made. 

Example , strong female characters are Viviene, Leliane , Josephine , so all woman who perform on intellectual tasks,  ok beside Leliana , she is kinda rouguish, and that's perfectly fine.  They are chars from DAI, which is also kinda SJW propaganda. But they have few good chars. 

Bad example, Marihi, in POE2. Ok , she is a woman ,to perform as a smith , you need high raw strength to wield smithing hammer .So , my question is why is woman best smith in this game? I mean, 15y old boy has higher srtenght then  fully grown woman. So it is stupid to make woman a best smith , coz any man would be a better smith then her.

Other example POE2:  That female captain , captain of pirates , i forgot her name.. So In a lawless world , brutal world , in a world where anyone can do all kind of crimes without any repercussions , in a world like that strong individuals are going up , while weak are going down , so in a lawless world ,WOMAN and weak man are getting subjected .

Can you imagine what would happened to a woman surrounded by 20tish pirate man in a ship ? She would get raped and killed , not necessarily at that order . So , why would developers put woman to be a ship pirate captain ,cause that is impossible fit for a woman.  Woman simple can't make her position to give an orders to a 20 man, in a world where those man can do all kind of things to that woman. If you ask me , yes, that chars is SJW bull**** , along with Marihi the best smith . 

Please, don't get me wrong , i like female characters , buy not in a positions in which woman can't perform tasks in certain point of time. 

So please, create more FEMALE sorcesses, more female hunters/rogues , more females on Intellectual positions., but stop with females on positions where they need to perform physical tasks , tasks like soldiers, warriors , fighters , guards, smith ...etc, coz no one would hire any woman to do those things coz any man can perform those taks better then a woman. 

My point is that developers don't know the meaning of word "strong" that strenght can be different between MAN and WOMAN. 

As i true RPG player , i like to immerse my self into game , and chars that are in position they can't perform it simply kills a immersion for me. That happened so many times in POE2.

So yea, if you ask me , is this SJW propaganda , i would say YES. 

are you for real ?

WOMEN CAN BE WARRIOR , SOLDIER..etc .

Get over it . 

• Like 2
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Sagani is 57, which puts her at middle age for a species with an average lifespan of 110, and has already had five children--so if "breeding" is a factor, then she's already accomplished that. Beyond that, though--it isn't even true. Some hunter-gatherer societies have division of labor like that, other's don't. Among the Aeta people of the Philippines, who are a modern-day hunter/gatherer tribe that live in isolated groups on the tropical jungle-covered mountains, 85% of women hunt together in small groups using dogs and are almost twice as successful at it as the groups of men--although interesting fact, *mixed-gender groups* are the most successful of all.

There might be a couple of reasons that Boreal dwarves send women rather than men on the type of long-hunting expeditions that Sagani describes.

Firstly, assuming that dwarves are like humans in this respect, women have a higher percentage of fat in their cells than men do on average. That means that we get drunk faster - but it also means that we're usually slower to freeze and/or starve to death. While pregnant and lactating women eat a lot, women need less food to simply stay alive than men do. For people who go on hunting expeditions across icy terrain, that could be a more significant survival factor than pure strength and endurance. (Besides which, PoE dwarves are stronger and tougher than humans anyway, so Sagani and the other wives are evidently more than capable of drawing light hunting bows or dismembering a caribou to drag home.)

Secondly, while it's usually the people who are capable of lactating that end up doing the child care in most societies, if attacks on settlements are common then maybe it makes sense to leave the pregnant and lactating women, the children AND all the men at home while the women not currently carrying or feeding babies go far from home. That way the most vulnerable people in the village are protected by the strongest if enemies or predators show up, but someone is still out finding meat.

(Look, this is at least as on-topic as the Star Wars discussion was.)

That's good. I like that. 

• Like 1

From my point of view problem in latest RPG games is incapability of making strong female characters, by failing it developers immediately put SJW propaganda into games.

Example: Great explanation how to make strong female character is Witcher 3, i think all of us who played that game remember the quest on Skellige , quest when we need to help both Hjalmar an Crate and Cerys an Crate. Hjalmar went to kill the giant because he is a strong man and most likely he is capable to do it . While Cerys went on other island to to help yarl about posetion, she chose more intellectual quest coz she can't perform fits at man. During those quests you see how capable BOTH characters are . All of my 3 playthrough i chosed Cerys  coz i think she is best leader for Skellige.  So, my point is , that both characters showed different kind of strength , Hjamar as a man went to do one thing, Cerys as a woman chose intellectual , different thing, coz she can't perform fits as a MAN. This is best example of strong man and STRONG FEMALE characters. 

Witcher is a true game that made a true difference between female and man strenght.

So if Witcher 3 is a Bioware game , Hjamlar would be some crybaby man, and Cerys would go to kill Giant , coz she is a STRONG WOMAN. This is formula how new RPGs are being made. 

Example , strong female characters are Viviene, Leliane , Josephine , so all woman who perform on intellectual tasks,  ok beside Leliana , she is kinda rouguish, and that's perfectly fine.  They are chars from DAI, which is also kinda SJW propaganda. But they have few good chars. 

Bad example, Marihi, in POE2. Ok , she is a woman ,to perform as a smith , you need high raw strength to wield smithing hammer .So , my question is why is woman best smith in this game? I mean, 15y old boy has higher srtenght then  fully grown woman. So it is stupid to make woman a best smith , coz any man would be a better smith then her.

Other example POE2:  That female captain , captain of pirates , i forgot her name.. So In a lawless world , brutal world , in a world where anyone can do all kind of crimes without any repercussions , in a world like that strong individuals are going up , while weak are going down , so in a lawless world ,WOMAN and weak man are getting subjected .

Can you imagine what would happened to a woman surrounded by 20tish pirate man in a ship ? She would get raped and killed , not necessarily at that order . So , why would developers put woman to be a ship pirate captain ,cause that is impossible fit for a woman.  Woman simple can't make her position to give an orders to a 20 man, in a world where those man can do all kind of things to that woman. If you ask me , yes, that chars is SJW bull**** , along with Marihi the best smith . 

Please, don't get me wrong , i like female characters , buy not in a positions in which woman can't perform tasks in certain point of time. 

So please, create more FEMALE sorcesses, more female hunters/rogues , more females on Intellectual positions., but stop with females on positions where they need to perform physical tasks , tasks like soldiers, warriors , fighters , guards, smith ...etc, coz no one would hire any woman to do those things coz any man can perform those taks better then a woman. 

My point is that developers don't know the meaning of word "strong" that strenght can be different between MAN and WOMAN. 

As i true RPG player , i like to immerse my self into game , and chars that are in position they can't perform it simply kills a immersion for me. That happened so many times in POE2.

Wow. Just...wow. There is so much wrong with this post I'm not sure where to start.

1) The idea that women have to be intellectual while men are physical is just not accurate, *especially* not in a fantasy setting where magic etc. is a thing. Also, do you *not* remember playing as Ciri and beating the Bloody Baron at everything a "man" can do, including slaughtering the **** out of a griffin that he and all his male soldiers couldn't do anything about?

2) One of the *most powerful pirate captains in history* was a woman, Ching Shih, who led a fleet of *forty thousands* pirates on *300* ships. In real, actual life--women were sometimes pirates and sometimes actual pirate captains.

3) Woman blacksmiths were also an actual thing, although guild laws generally forbode them from smithing outside of their husbands or sons shop. They were sometimes *REALLY* good; a woman named Elizabeth Benent forged the iron gates at Blenheim Palace.

893db95d1e413feb50c7b69521bf6120.jpg

• Like 10

Your female adviser is a spy. Your diplomatic adviser is a woman. Your military adviser is a man. 

What. The. Hell. Are. You. Talking. About.

Can't people just write a god damn story without being pigeonholed. Jesus. 

What ? you said exactly what i want , yes these are female chars i see as in a position that fits nicely . I was talking about  woman roll on a position that man perform better. Like smiths, guards, warriors/soldiers, and other deeds that require strenght. If you are a man , and weaker individual then a some woman ,then YOU as i pearson have a problem mate, don't put other man into your perspective of man/woman strenght. 

Several people have said that. Why is it a problem to discuss an idea, even a bad idea (or, maybe, especially a bad idea)? Seriously, have you read the arguments against the points of the OP? What are you concerned about? Do you think that people can't understand an argument and come to a reasonable conclusion?  Do you not understand that censorship has the opposite effect from what you want it to have? Do you just not understand that if you can censor someone else, then others will censor you?

You may have asked this rhetorically but there is, in fact, a very clear answer to this question:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

Intolerance cannot and should not be tolerated. The intolerant are not engaging in debate in good faith; they are attempting to use the tools of good faith debate to destabilize and dominate.

At this point these days in America, if your first reaction to a work of fiction with actual female characters in it is "UGH SJW," there's no point to further discussion.  Social justice is not a pejorative, it is a moral imperative.

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy
  • Like 7

Example , strong female characters are Viviene, Leliane , Josephine , so all woman who perform on intellectual tasks, ok beside Leliana , she is kinda rouguish, and that's perfectly fine. They are chars from DAI, which is also kinda SJW propaganda. But they have few good chars.

Bad example, Marihi, in POE2. Ok , she is a woman ,to perform as a smith , you need high raw strength to wield smithing hammer .So , my question is why is woman best smith in this game? I mean, 15y old boy has higher srtenght then fully grown woman. So it is stupid to make woman a best smith , coz any man would be a better smith then her.

Other example POE2: That female captain , captain of pirates , i forgot her name.. So In a lawless world , brutal world , in a world where anyone can do all kind of crimes without any repercussions , in a world like that strong individuals are going up , while weak are going down , so in a lawless world ,WOMAN and weak man are getting subjected .

Can you imagine what would happened to a woman surrounded by 20tish pirate man in a ship ? She would get raped and killed , not necessarily at that order . So , why would developers put woman to be a ship pirate captain ,cause that is impossible fit for a woman. Woman simple can't make her position to give an orders to a 20 man, in a world where those man can do all kind of things to that woman. If you ask me , yes, that chars is SJW bull**** , along with Marihi the best smith .

So please, create more FEMALE sorcesses, more female hunters/rogues , more females on Intellectual positions., but stop with females on positions where they need to perform physical tasks , tasks like soldiers, warriors , fighters , guards, smith ...etc, coz no one would hire any woman to do those things coz any man can perform those taks better then a woman.

Have you ever met a woman physically stronger than you? Because dude, you need to.

The idea that "any man" can perform physical tasks better than "any woman" is self-evidently untrue (and, frankly, a bizarre assertion). The *average* man might outclass the average woman, but that's only relevant if we're only taking into account default muscle mass and physical fitness with no other variables. Fantasy epics are about exceptional people: if a woman really wanted to be the best smith in the city (assuming that smithing is solely about muscle capacity, which of course it's not) or cleave enemies in two with a battle axe, she TOTALLY could. She might have to work harder than the average man to get there, but that makes her more of a badass, not less.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/08/21/433482186/first-female-soldiers-graduate-from-army-ranger-school

Read this. These women completed Ranger training with no special accommodations where several of their male counterparts failed. They could kick both our assess *blind* and get bonus Resolve points for having to do it in a world full of dudebros telling them that it's impossible. I'm not saying that it's necessarily realistic to have an equal number of muscled-up male and female barbarians in a single setting, but the idea that the latter can't or shouldn't exist *at all* or even "often" in a fantasy role playing game is assinine.

Edited by Purudaya
  • Like 4

Intolerance cannot and should not be tolerated. The intolerant are not engaging in debate in good faith; they are attempting to use the tools of good faith debate to destabilize and dominate.

This. That the OP was allowed to begin with defies explanation.

Joe

• Like 1

Have you ever met a woman physically stronger than you? Because dude, you need to.

The idea that "any man" can perform physical tasks better than "any woman" is self-evidently untrue (and, frankly, a bizarre assertion). The *average* man might outclass the average woman, but that's only relevant if we're only taking into account default muscle mass and physical fitness with no other variables. Fantasy epics are about exceptional people: if a woman really wanted to be the best smith in the city or cleave enemies in two with a battle axe, she TOTALLY could. She might have to work harder than the average man to get there, but that makes her more of a badass, not less.

Plus, in game world physics, "Might" is based in part on the power of your soul, and we know souls aren't gendered, because there are plenty of examples in the game fiction of people being other genders or other races or even other species in prior lives. If you have a strong soul, the physical body is secondary. 

I've pointed this out before in other threads, but gender and race just matter a lot less in Eora because they aren't fixed, and the soul is more important anyway; every non-diety character in game has in the past been male, female, orlan, human, dwarf, etc., at least over a long enough timeframe. and even some of the dieties manifest as male or female alternatively depending. In Eora, the body is just the husk. 

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy
  • Like 3

Now that we live in the era of Ultra feminism and internet is full of SJW #metoo stuff. I have to ask is this game pro feminist men hating propaganda, because almost all of the gods and powerful figures are depicted as female and ugliest god skaen in his rotting appearance is male. Narrative is also voiced by woman. Sure if those roles were reversed that almost all of the gods and powerful figures were male and those few ugly ones were female, all pro feminist SJW would be up in arms and polygon and some other medias would be twittering accusing this game of women hating chauvinism . :getlost:

OMG grow up. GROW UP.

• Like 1

Several people have said that. Why is it a problem to discuss an idea, even a bad idea (or, maybe, especially a bad idea)? Seriously, have you read the arguments against the points of the OP? What are you concerned about? Do you think that people can't understand an argument and come to a reasonable conclusion?  Do you not understand that censorship has the opposite effect from what you want it to have? Do you just not understand that if you can censor someone else, then others will censor you?

At this point these days in America, if your first reaction to a work of fiction with actual female characters in it is "UGH SJW," there's no point to further discussion.  Social justice is not a pejorative, it is a moral imperative.

If you can justify being intolerant of one thing to protect society, you can probably justify more than one using the same kind of logic. Also who gets to define whats intolerant? This is Antifa's line of reasoning, and it seems to me, pretty unreasonable - attacking people without any real examination of their ideas and their validity. 

I'm reminded of Jordan Peterson's line of thought- speech and discourse is a way of exploring and refining ideas. If you restrict via authoritarian means what can and can't be said, then you restrict the ability to explore and refine ideas and worldviews and at the same time you empower the state in a way that is wide open to abuse - to control peoples speech for the benefit of their own interests rather than the public interest. 

And of course there's the idea you are replying to, which is that an idea can breed more in environments where it cannot be rebutted or responded to. 

Anyway, I suppose in the age of the internet, it's impossible to suppress ideas. Try as some organisations might. If you can't stop shanks in prison, or drugs in the general populace, then your hope of suppressing ideas is pretty low. 

Antagonist is a more accurate depiction. Though I don't think viewing Eothas as a villain is wrong, I think viewing him in a more positive light is definitely defensible.

Again, can't actually discuss Eothas motivations or what I think of him in this topic as it is sitting in the spoiler free section.  So you can apply whatever word you want to him, the game starts with him literally killing everyone you are close to (other than a statue, Vela (if you have her), and some old companions), destroying your home, and stealing part of your soul. 

The player has lots of good reasons to see him as an enemy, especially at the beginning of the game.

I have a few points to make here so I will number them. 

1. You're doing the same thing you accused me of. I stated Eothas was the villain in my original post and I defended that view in the second post you quoted. The only adjustment I made was acknowledging that you could also view him in a more positive way too based on his stated motivations and goals. 

2. I apologize if you felt I was calling you out as someone who was unreasonable. I was to an extent, and I will be getting to that, but the venom in my post was more targeted toward these crazy paranoid dudes. 

3. It was targeted at you to an extent however because I reject the idea that you could interpret any of those things as making this some type of SJW crusade. Your framework is essentially anything that skews toward women is some SJW queer theory fem critique is a horrific paradigm. Extending that logic out means pretty much everything in the game would have to favor men which is a ridiculous standard. Sometimes the male adviser is a spy. Sometimes the female adviser is a spy. Can't including women in more prominent roles just be for the sake of the story. Or at most trying to be inclusive to the other 50% of the planet that might play video games and wants to be represented in them. Why does it have to be a piece of some feminsta crusade? 

4. If half the female characters had big **** and dressed like skanks that wouldn't bother me. If I'm gonna quest than I am happy to have some eye candy on the way. Conversely, if every woman character is not aesthetically appealing and no interest in sex a la POE1 that is perfectly acceptable too. The Witcher series began with an utterly misogynistic view of women and it was still an excellent game. The Witcher 3 maintained the element of female eye candy but wrote fantastic female characters and even poked fun at its misogynistic roots with its ending option. 

5. I guess my point is that the end of the day we should let art be art. Don't let yourself fall into this hyper sensitive trap where every narrative decision is part of this political web you need to get triggered over. I am not saying you can't critique the social aspect of a game but do it in a measured way, not like some whiny baby the way the OP and several other commentators on this board seem to. 

Edited by PatrioticChief
  • Like 2

Wow. Just...wow. There is so much wrong with this post I'm not sure where to start.

1) The idea that women have to be intellectual while men are physical is just not accurate, *especially* not in a fantasy setting where magic etc. is a thing. Also, do you *not* remember playing as Ciri and beating the Bloody Baron at everything a "man" can do, including slaughtering the **** out of a griffin that he and all his male soldiers couldn't do anything about?

2) One of the *most powerful pirate captains in history* was a woman, Ching Shih, who led a fleet of *forty thousands* pirates on *300* ships. In real, actual life--women were sometimes pirates and sometimes actual pirate captains.

3) Woman blacksmiths were also an actual thing, although guild laws generally forbode them from smithing outside of their husbands or sons shop. They were sometimes *REALLY* good; a woman named Elizabeth Benent forged the iron gates at Blenheim Palace.

893db95d1e413feb50c7b69521bf6120.jpg

You find few woman in a milions , but almost every man can do it , and of all sudden every woman is equal to a man,plz no. 

check this out .  

This is a real comparison , not some paintings of things that may or may never happened 

• Like 2

Now that we live in the era of ultraidiotism and the internet is full of whining, nagging, spoiled right wing brats, I have to ask was it really necessary to leave this thread here and give that doomed creature the satisfaction of getting everyones attention?

• Like 1

---

We're all doomed

If you can justify being intolerant of one thing to protect society, you can probably justify more than one using the same kind of logic. Also who gets to define whats intolerant? This is Antifa's line of reasoning, and it seems to me, pretty unreasonable - attacking people without any real examination of their ideas and their validity. 

I'm reminded of Jordan Peterson's line of thought- speech and discourse is a way of exploring and refining ideas. If you restrict via authoritarian means what can and can't be said, then you restrict the ability to explore and refine ideas and worldviews and at the same time you empower the state in a way that is wide open to abuse - to control peoples speech for the benefit of their own interests rather than the public interest. 

And of course there's the idea you are replying to, which is that an idea can breed more in environments where it cannot be rebutted or responded to. 

Anyway, I suppose in the age of the internet, it's impossible to suppress ideas. Try as some organisations might. If you can't stop shanks in prison, or drugs in the general populace, then your hope of suppressing ideas is pretty low. 

1) That's a slippery slope fallacy. It's not actually a thing; just because I don't want to give "let's kill all the black people" the legitimacy of a debate doesn't mean I'm going to ban free speech.

2) That assumes that every idea is equal and worth being explored and refined, and that's simply not true.  Some ideas--like the aforementioned "let's kill all the black people"--are simply bad from the get-go, and can be safely placed in the realm of "utter horse****" without any need of exploration or refinement. Indeed, in cases like this by "exploring the idea" and "coming to a mutual understanding" what you end up doing is shifting the standard of society; by engaging in the debate and exploration, you not only give the idea legitimacy but pull the "acceptable things" towards that other idea. So instead of one guy saying "black people deserve equal rights" and one guy saying "let's kill all the black people", you end up with a debate where "let's enslave all the black people" seems like a reasonable position in comparison to the opening salvo.

There is no proof that in Eora males are physically superior comparing to females. Same goes with most of the DnD setting. Fantasy world is based on reality, they are not reality.

By your logic they should not even let you create a female Watcher in the first place.

...and we're not discussing the game anymore but completely irrelevant real world stuff. Way Off Topic is the forum for that.

We'll you can't say we didn't try.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man