Is Pillars of Eternity II men hating pro feminist game.

Now that we live in the era of Ultra feminism and internet is full of SJW #metoo stuff. I have to ask is this game pro feminist men hating propaganda, because almost all of the gods and powerful figures are depicted as female and ugliest god skaen in his rotting appearance is male. Narrative is also voiced by woman. Sure if those roles were reversed that almost all of the gods and powerful figures were male and those few ugly ones were female, all pro feminist SJW would be up in arms and polygon and some other medias would be twittering accusing this game of women hating chauvinism . :getlost:

Edited by Amentep
Language
  • Like 4

I've made some edits to the original post that seemed to push the post into troll territory under the idea that a new poster may not be aware of the spirit of debate on these forums.

I ask that everyone remember to respond to ideas and not people, to remember to be respectful and to remember the forums are anti-discrimination, trolling and harassment.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Now that we live in the era of Ultra feminism and internet is full of SJW #metoo stuff. I have to ask is this game pro feminist men hating propaganda, because almost all of the gods and powerful figures are depicted as female and ugliest god skaen in his rotting appearance is male. Narrative is also voiced by woman. Sure if those roles were reversed that almost all of the gods and powerful figures were male and those few ugly ones were female, all pro feminist SJW would be up in arms and polygon and some other medias would be twittering accusing this game of women hating chauvinism . :getlost:

at the risk of sounding like a "troll" myself for this viewpoint, I agree with that statement(partially).  This post is bringing up a legitmate  point, not a thoughtless one.  but at least(unlike a lot of other games) it does not directly attack your main play character(even if you are a male) however I point out Bereth does do a soul hit into you at the character creation dream setting that bothers me, stating "if you cross me I'm going to beat your soul up, just a friendly warning". However, I think this is also done to character regardless of background, or gender choice. even if you do not pledge directly to Berath.   as for the narrator, gender doesn't matter(to me) but her voice sounds like a kid telling a story to her stuffed unicorn in bed :), not a woman, I would have preferred a mature sounding voice for that, (whatever gender) but what is done is done and the narration is not overdone after the introduction character dream sequence. I think that bit is a bit overly narrated.

• Like 1

Well, I'm not sure why a first post like this is allowed through because it does seem like full-on trolling to me, but I'll go ahead and respond seriously to it anyhow. In Deadfire there's women in positions of power and men in positions of power, there's villainous women as well as villainous men, and empathetic women as well as empathetic men. Gods don't necessarily have a defined genre (many gods have numerous depictions, forms and incarnations, which can come with different genders, such as Berath who can be depicted as both the Usher, male, or the Pallid Knight, female), but amidst the most common representations the likes of Galawain, Abydon, Eothas and Rymrgand are usually male in addition to Skaen, and at the very least two of these are not only not "ugly" but also arguably the ones with the traditionally "noblest" intentions among them, along with maybe Hylea (Eothas and Abydon specifically). So no, I don't think it's "men hating" at all. Feminist? Maybe, arguably. But since when is that a bad thing?

Also, OP, you say that "if those roles would be reversed" feminists would call it chauvinist and whatnot… But it isn't, and instead we get accusations of the game being "man hating pro feminist SJW propaganda". So in the end it's the same nonsense from either side, wouldn't you agree?

• Like 19

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Mmmm, pre-emptive whining about whining for the sake of whining... So manly.

I agree that I have no idea why this post is taken seriously enough to be allowed.

• Like 11

You are free to dislike the game, but Obsidian is not responsible for whatever craziness exists in the world, both real and imagined. They are certainly not responsible for how you imagine a hypothetical group of people would have reacted had the game been different.

To your specific criticism, in this world there are  5 male deities, 4 female deities, 1 deity with no identifiable gender and 1 twinned deity with a male aspect and female aspect. This mirrors many real world religions but you are, of course, free to be offended by any of it. 

What do you think is the is the problem with the above setup and how would you fix it?

• Like 6

I think this is valid topic to have conversation. For example kingdom come deliverance got heat from feminist SJW because in their opinion women were depicted wrong in that game. 

Mmmm, pre-emptive whining about whining for the sake of whining... So manly.

I agree that I have no idea why this post is taken seriously enough to be allowed.

Can you elaborate bolded text little bit. So as a man, i am not allowed to have an opinion or i am not manly. Sounds like those pro feminist activists would love to have a silent defenceless man like you as their soulmate  :no:

Edited by Pete121

You are free to dislike the game, but Obsidian is not responsible for whatever craziness exists in the world, both real and imagined. They are certainly not responsible for how you imagine a hypothetical group of people would have reacted had the game been different.

To your specific criticism, in this world there are  5 male deities, 4 female deities, 1 deity with no identifiable gender and 1 twinned deity with a male aspect and female aspect. This mirrors many real world religions but you are, of course, free to be offended by any of it. 

What do you think is the is the problem with the above setup and how would you fix it?

Most gods that you see and talk to in the game are female and berath almost exclusively uses Pallid knight form, ugliest or most hideous god is male, most powerful characters are female and most unlikeable characters are male. Do you think feminist sjw culture we have now influence games or has it influenced pillars II in a way, because developers want to please sjw circles and/or avoid their rage and vocal backlash through social media.

• Like 2

The human brain (Every single one.) doesn't process probability very well and that's why you get posts like this. Confirmation bias has gotten so bad that anything that even registers as feminist sets off alarm bells. Independent of any ideology your criticism seems to come from whatever you want to be there rather than what is there, at least on the surface. How in any way is powerful women a bad thing like ever? 

I mean I would think that the more important themes of manipulative and predatory business coupled with colonialism would spark more discussion regarding politics in the game but apparently gods being women is the signal of the end times? 

The OP doth protest too much, methinks.

Edited by Big-Ben
  • Like 9

Yes! We have no bananas.

Most gods that you see and talk to in the game are female and berath almost exclusively uses Pallid knight form, ugliest or most hideous god is male, most powerful characters are female and most unlikeable characters are male. Do you think feminist sjw culture we have now influence games or has it influenced pillars II in a way, because developers want to please sjw circles and/or avoid their rage and vocal backlash through social media.

I don't know, I'm still finding both Serafen and Edér the most likable characters in my playthrough so far, and amidst the important NPCs Atsura and Aruihi are both quite well-rounded characters with a pretty noble end goal when you get down to it (despite the means of getting there). I certainly feel a lot more sympathetic towards them than I do towards their female counterparts in their respective factions. And christ, man: EOTHAS. I haven't finished the game yet but he seems a whole less shady than Berath or any other god you speak with for that matter. He's also the main antagonist, so why the heck are we even saying male gods aren't prominent in the story? Christ's sake, why are we even talking about *Skaen*, when exactly is he relevant this in game?

Honestly, this sounds more like its your own preconceptions at play that any flaw inherent in the game.

Edited by algroth
  • Like 2

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Are you sure all the developers share your politics?

• Like 1

Most gods that you see and talk to in the game are female and berath almost exclusively uses Pallid knight form, ugliest or most hideous god is male,

You mentioned Skaen earlier. You also meet Abydon, Galawain, Rymrgand and, of course, Eothas. In addition, Ondra would give Skaen a run for for his money in the ugliest god competition. You are seeing what you expect to see not what is there. 

most powerful characters are female and most unlikeable characters are male. 

The head of Port Maje is male, the jailor is female. The heads of two of the four factions are male and have a female second in command, the other two heads are female with a male second in command. Some ship captains are male and some are female. Etc. 

Male characters are unlikable? Eder, Serafen? YMMV but I don't find them unlikable. Aloth is grumpy but so is Pallegina. Again, I think you made up your mind before you saw the data and have not noticed the aspects that contradict what you expected to see (an all too common tendency these days). 

The objective truth is there are likable and unlikable characters of both genders and powerful and weak characters of both genders. If you go through the game and count them, you can verify this for yourself (though reasonable people can disagree on what they find likeable).

. Do you think feminist sjw culture we have now influence games or has it influenced pillars II in a way, because developers want to please sjw circles and/or avoid their rage and vocal backlash through social media.

I don't know if it has influenced them. I also don't know if fear from backlash by anti-sjws has influenced them. They should really ignore all of the noise and write what they want to write.

• Like 9

gtfo my non-earth fake universe

How can anyone in their right mind try to ship a multimillion dollar product without making absolutely sure that they don't upset all their players with a degree in Medieval English Linguistics?

Well, I'm a man-hating* feminist and I loved it! So I guess that means it must be SJW propaganda of some kind, since everyone knows us feminists despise all other forms of entertainment.

So I guess you shouldn't buy the DLC.

*No not really.

• Like 7

So Wael is just a bunch of eyes stitching together, Ondra is a fish with ****,Rymrgand is a rotting bull,yet somehow Skaen is the ugliest one?

Also I found it really funny that whatever the devs do, it's always "they hate men". Making female not so good looking,"they hate men"; Making male not so good looking,"they hate men".

Just look at ME:A, I always thought that games proves the devs really hate female players, the female protagonist's model is worse than the male one, female has less romance options and the romance cut scene is also worse, yet somehow the internet believes that Bioware is men-hating sjws.

Edited by jf8350143
  • Like 4

I have not played yet so I can not tell you of the actual content of the game but some of the designers from their twitter seem left of Obama.

Uh, okay, the "only ugly god" is Skaen somehow, when Ondra is depicted as a horrific monstrosity with an angler fish's head and eight sagging ****?

Yeah. Whatever.

• Like 6

Grand Rhetorist of the Obsidian Order

If you appeal to "realism" about a video game feature, you are wrong. Go back and try again.