Maia Farewell spam

Angardia

Question

10 answers to this question

From what I gather, this happens with Maia regardless of how or why she leaves and stops working with the Watcher.

She also does the same thing if you tell her that you ate her brother (PoE1 Legacy option to sacrifice Kana at the Blood Pool).

It just creates an infinite loop of her sending farewell missives.

Aloth: "Vela, that's not a very nice word... Where did you learn that?"

Vela: "Uncle Serafen."

Aloth: "I see.. We'll just have to have a little chat then, wont we?"

Reload a save from before she left and... not have her leave? That's the best I can come up with.

Honestly, with all the bugs associated with Maia (this one, she actually shoots herself a lot, her never ending reloading loop with pistols/blunderbuss, the fact that she gets upset that you respect the dead and not let your crew loot dead bodies - she considers this "Anti-Rouita" or whatever - etc), plus with how under-powered Rangers are in general in PoE2 so far, I'm actually half tempted to not even recruit her at all in my next playthrough.

Sad thing is, on my first playthrough I actually liked her and chose her as my romance option as well. Though, the ending of her romance where she shows just how truly uncaring she is, especially for the Huana.. sort of completely soured my opinion of her, and made me completely regret ever even considering her as a romance option. However, I'll let you experience that hot, steamy pile of horse manure for yourself.  :(

Aloth: "Vela, that's not a very nice word... Where did you learn that?"

Vela: "Uncle Serafen."

Aloth: "I see.. We'll just have to have a little chat then, wont we?"

Spoiler:

When maia left after I had decided not to help the Royal Deadfire Company, she shows up in the water. Then I received a letter from Maia every 1-2 minutes when sailing, I have about 6 in my inventory now. Guess she figured out how to dive.

Edited by Amentep
added spoiler tag

Greetings,

Thank you all for taking the time and reporting this issue to us regarding Maia :) I've gone ahead and added this to our data-base so that our Dev team can investigate this further.

Cheers.

i already reported this bug - and even now - after a month of break - i enter the game after all the patches and updates - i still get her damn letters

you keep adding ****ty addons and crap... THATS AMAZING! 

too bad i cant freaking play it because u give no damn about it. every 2 minutes travel by sea or walk the islands - SPAM SPAM SPAM

fix it so i can at least enjoy the product i paid for - at least give me that for my money