Human vs heart orlan, which of them gives a greater chance of crit attack?

If you are playing a class that is going to play in the Bloodied pocket like a Street Fighter, I think human is more beneficial.  However, if you are attacking the same target as a friendly in your party with a class or combo without a benefit from bloodied then Hearth Orlan.

As to not dodge the question, I think the Orlan increases crit chance more.  I am not 100%, though.  I would say that you only get 1 conversion in an attack, and since Fighting Spirit just increases accuracy that means if you have other crit conversion stuff like Dirty Fighting, gear bonus, etc that you would still have that opportunity for conversion. 

It is also easier to attack the same target as a friendly than to stay bloodied (relatively speaking), but like I said if you are playing a class that benefits from being bloodied and you can also get +7 acc and +15% damage then I think Fighting Spirit wins out because you will already be proccing it.  Also, that +15% damage works whether or not you crit. 

So, technically, probably Hearth Orlan.  In the right build, though... Human would be more beneficial.  Someone might come in with raw math and prove me wrong though. 

If you are playing a class that is going to play in the Bloodied pocket like a Street Fighter, I think human is more beneficial.  However, if you are attacking the same target as a friendly in your party with a class or combo without a benefit from bloodied then Hearth Orlan.

As to not dodge the question, I think the Orlan increases crit chance more.  I am not 100%, though.  I would say that you only get 1 conversion in an attack, and since Fighting Spirit just increases accuracy that means if you have other crit conversion stuff like Dirty Fighting, gear bonus, etc that you would still have that opportunity for conversion. 

It is also easier to attack the same target as a friendly than to stay bloodied (relatively speaking), but like I said if you are playing a class that benefits from being bloodied and you can also get +7 acc and +15% damage then I think Fighting Spirit wins out because you will already be proccing it.  Also, that +15% damage works whether or not you crit. 

So, technically, probably Hearth Orlan.  In the right build, though... Human would be more beneficial.  Someone might come in with raw math and prove me wrong though. 

I was thinking about hight crit build, like berserker\devoted, but tests show that each hit-to-crit each modifier is calculated independently, so even having  x10 10% hit->crit modifieres won't guarante 100% crit chance. So, i decide that 10% from racial is too low for real benefit and +7 acc matter much more.

It also show that acc in general means much more for high crit chance builds.

Edited by PIRI
  • Like 1

Conversion rates don't get added but multiplied, meaning additional one has less and less impact. So if you already have a 50% hit-to-crit conversion an additional 10% conversion will actually raise the overall chance to a meager 55% (NOT 60%).

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The way you formulated the question, it's not really possible to give a clear answer: in some cases human in other cases orlan. For example if your human's accuracy is lower than your target's deflection by 7 or more then you will still have 0% chance to crit even with fighting spirit (the orlan will have to get the accuracy lower by more than 50 to have a 0% chance to crit). On the other hand if your accuracy is equal to your target's deflection then fighting spirit will equate to an average of 7% crit chance, while the orlan will have an average of 5% crit chance (assuming no other hit to crit abilities, you have 10% of 50% hit resolutions). All in all I would say there are more contexts in which the orlan is better for criting, however this does not mean that there is not a considerable amount of situations in which fighting spirit is better at that. You need to restrict to problem more in order to get a definite answer, right now it's too open-ended.

Edited by kmbogd

There is no correct answer, because it is a sliding scale based on your accuracy, enemy deflection, frequency of being bloodied, and how many other conversion items you have.

But I do feel that Orlan requires less micro, and applies in more situations.

One thing: Fighting Spirit doesn't require that you stay at bloodied or below. That's not too bad. Streetfighter's "On the Edge" or Blooded and others are a lot more situational than Fighting Spirit.

Too bad there is no Marking enchantment anymore (or is it?) - I liked to combine Marking + Coordinated Attacks on a paladin and Dirty + Vicious Fighting on a Hearth Orlan rogue as team member who single wielded a coodinating weapon like Ravenwing or Cladhaliath. Just for the joy of stacking stuff even if it's overkill. ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods