What Ranger animal companion did you choose?

What Ranger animal companion did you choose?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What Ranger animal companion did you choose?

I haven't played the game yet. But I'm going to choose the same animal companion that I had in PoE1.

It's a wolf called "Faolán" which is an Irish name and means "little wolf" xD

Yeah I need a wolf. In fact I'm playing a ranger for that very reason. I'm a dog person. And I adore wolves.

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

depand on what I'm playing . When I made my Amauna , she went druid/ranger...so took a Lioness Spirit animal! and it was awesome! cose you can turn into one , plus you get the ghost animal companion . 

I also tried the Stag , and Antelope . 

I won't choose bear , wolf and boar...cose..boriing :p 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I've not played a Ranger yet.

But i like Stags.

Majestic creatures.

Honestly, i'd prefer a bird though

Like a raven ? 

raven are soo cool...

• Like 3
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I chose wolf. I choose Lion initially and i need to restart the game. The way the lion sprint hurt my eyes. Speaking of companions, i'm really disappointed with Obsidian. I had asked for more customisations but Obsidian disregard it. I had asked that i can choose a white wolf or white lion, basically able to choose the color of my pet. Another thing is the variation. I like a black panther as pet instead of just a lion. I'd like a female lion instead of just male lion. Those are not difficult to implement at all! as there's already said animal in the game.

Edited by Archaven
  • Like 1

My choice was for RP reasons (I have a set of characters with defined traits reused in every game) more than characteristics ingame, but I was happy with the stag.

i felt the wolf's capabilities fit my character best. called him ifrit.

• Like 1

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

No love for boars :c

That's because they are boaring.......I'll let myself out.

if they'd just give it wings, a mini-gun, and anti-tank missiles then it might be a different story.

• Like 1

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

I am surprised that so many people went with the dmg option (wolf). I understand that most people that did choose the wolf companion did it for RP or because they simply like wolfs. It is kinda hard keeping the bear alive, I really wonder how you guys keep the other pets alive. Finished the details page for each section, waiting for data.

I am surprised that so many people went with the dmg option (wolf). I understand that most people that did choose the wolf companion did it for RP or because they simply like wolfs. It is kinda hard keeping the bear alive, I really wonder how you guys keep the other pets alive. Finished the details page for each section, waiting for data.

i haven't really had any trouble keeping my wolf or maia's hawk alive. guess you just have to pay attention to their health, and perhaps maneuver them carefully. for instance i usually use my ranger to snipe wizards/chanters/ciphers and i use my pet to distract them, making it difficult for them to cast, so my ranger can off em more easily. usually it just takes careful positioning, and timing, and a bit of stealth too. 

My wolf died a lot. But it's damage Eder wasn't taking, so that's fine. My wolf can't get injuries after all. Only problem was the debuff effect though, but usually by then the fight was "over the hump" and winning is inevitable.

Edited by Masticator