Is there any good bow anywhere ?

Hi,

I've been playing for almost 40 hours now and I have plenty of good weapons from swords to blanderbuss and good shields, but my principal character, a ranged cipher with a bow still has a random exceptionnal warbow. Is it possible that i missed every quest or bounty with magic bows rewards ?

Do you know where to find such items ?

Thanks for reading

I think I got a unique bow from a special encounter in the thicket area west of Neketaka. The druids in Bentbranch Bog north of Sayuka definitely have one, but I'm not sure they'll drop it if you kill them or you have to quest for them (which requires a bit of preparation).

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

There is tons of good bows in the game, just play the game, keep your eyes open.  Also guys, this is the spoiler free forum, please stop posting where to find weapons in it.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 5

Hi,

Thank you for your quick answers.

@Karkarov : I wondered if this was the good forum for my question. Should I have posted in the "spoiler warning" part of the forum?

I guess you should have, but if people really don't want spoilers regarding where to find bows, the title hints that they'll get them if they read it. *shrug*

nvAeseu.png

I've found two good war bows. Are there any good, unique hunting bows? A simple 'yes' will suffice. Or hide the location if you think it is particularly difficult to find.

Joe

Yes there are.

• Like 1

nvAeseu.png

Hi,

@Karkarov : I wondered if this was the good forum for my question. Should I have posted in the "spoiler warning" part of the forum?

I guess you should have, but if people really don't want spoilers regarding where to find bows, the title hints that they'll get them if they read it. *shrug*

The title is fairly generic the question could literally be answered with a one word "Yes."

I guess the range of what are considered "Spoiler" has to be defined first. To many, spoilers really only include story and critical path moments like who does what and who will die. Weapon and gear acquisition barely matter when it comes to spoilers unless they are tied to a certain story aspect on the game like

Modwyn

So when it comes to item like Frostseeker that are just there on the map for you to pick up and is tied to absolutely nothing, I can see why people will just give the exact location, me included. If anything, the OP also asks for the location and doesn't view this as spoiler either. It's like knowing there will be a castle in Castlevania.

Edited by Zeitzbach
  • Like 1

There's one to the left of Neketaka called Frostseeker.

This is a great bow for ciphers. It fires three projectiles that seek out the enemy and each projectile buils focus. The bow itself won't do wild damage on it's own but if you need to build up focus quickly this a great weapon for it.

• Like 1

Yes! We have no bananas.

This is a great bow for ciphers. It fires three projectiles that seek out the enemy and each projectile buils focus. The bow itself won't do wild damage on it's own but if you need to build up focus quickly this a great weapon for it.

If you're a cipher, use Arquebus instead and you can buy one really early too if you just explore the town alot.

Arquebus is way better than Bow because there is no recovery time, only reload time. The difference is that you can interrupt reload time meaning you can shoot and just use a cipher skill without having to wait 2-3 seconds for the recovery time.

Also doesn't help the Flame Arquebus is probably the 2nd best ranged weapon in the game, right behind Frostseeker.

• Like 1

Hi,

The title is fairly generic the question could literally be answered with a one word "Yes."

That is true, but if one was really worried about spoilers, I think one would just not read it ;) However, I'll edit my post.

nvAeseu.png

Frostseeker is so broke you stop using all the other ranged weapon.

Actually found myself dissapointed with Frostseeker as an assassin/cipher. Not particularly impressive on an assassinate. I've had better luck using Serafen's mortar.

Frostseeker is so broke you stop using all the other ranged weapon.

Actually found myself dissapointed with Frostseeker as an assassin/cipher. Not particularly impressive on an assassinate. I've had better luck using Serafen's mortar.

Frostseeker probably isn't the best weapon for someone looking to maximize the damage done in a single attack (like for an Assassin), but it is good for good overall damage production.  An assassin would probably prefer Arquebusses or Pistols or an Arbalest.  That said, aren't assassins better suited to making their assassination attacks using melee weapons? 

Hi,

I've been playing for almost 40 hours now and I have plenty of good weapons from swords to blunderbuss and good shields, but my principal character, a ranged cipher with a bow still has a random exceptional warbow. Is it possible that i missed every quest or bounty with magic bows rewards ?

Do you know where to find such items ?

Thanks for reading

There are a fair number of unique bows in the game, though from what I've seen thus far, there are more unique warbows than unique hunting bows.  But there may be more hunting bows to come for all I know.  I'm only about 2/3 to 3/4 through the game, judging by my party's overall level and how much of the map I've uncovered/explored.

isn't focus just damage-based now? so if you fire (and hit) 3 projectiles for 5+5+5 damage or one for 15, the amount of focus will be the same? stat-wise frostseeker is just a usual exceptional warbow with +25% frost damage on top. before i felt comfortable with upgrading it to superb for 30k i was using a vanillar superb warbow instead, for better penetration and accuracy

isn't focus just damage-based now? so if you fire (and hit) 3 projectiles for 5+5+5 damage or one for 15, the amount of focus will be the same? stat-wise frostseeker is just a usual exceptional warbow with +25% frost damage on top. before i felt comfortable with upgrading it to superb for 30k i was using a vanillar superb warbow instead, for better penetration and accuracy

Focus is damage-based, but the thing that makes Frostseeker particularly good for ranged/consistent DPS caster-type Ciphers is that the AoE damage from landing a critical hit with the base shots also contributes to focus generation (not to mention that only the high-tier spirits resist the pure frost damage from the AoE).

So if you manage to land consistent critical hits with it, it will do more damage/generate more focus than any other bow in the game. This is only really seen with custom Cipher characters with high Perception though, as the companions/sidekicks have lower Perception.

Focus is damage-based, but the thing that makes Frostseeker particularly good for ranged/consistent DPS caster-type Ciphers is that the AoE damage from landing a critical hit with the base shots also contributes to focus generation (not to mention that only the high-tier spirits resist the pure frost damage from the AoE).

So if you manage to land consistent critical hits with it, it will do more damage/generate more focus than any other bow in the game. This is only really seen with custom Cipher characters with high Perception though, as the companions/sidekicks have lower Perception.

I realize the OP was about bows, but if you want amazing AOE damage go pistols. I don't recall where it was, but look for Eccea's Arcane Blaster. You can make it do an AOE on every attack, and it does Raw damage base. I found it to be broken beyond belief, and swapped my Dual-Wield pistols for that and a melee, so I only fired that weapon.