Thank you so much for making Aloth romance-able! <3

For instance, you can really upset Eder by robbing the Dawnstars at the beginning, and then he'll like you 10 min later for your jokes, and characters liking you just cos you crack jokes is as shallow as Aloth hating you for doing it xD

I think they should just give different number of approval/disapproval points for different things. Like +2 for cracking a joke and +10 for supporting their favorite faction, -5 for being a smartass in inappropriate moment and -20 for robbing the Dawnstars. Mind you, it might be already working like that, I don't know. It just seems sensible.

• Like 2

I think they should just give different number of approval/disapproval points for different things. Like +2 for cracking a joke and +10 for supporting their favorite faction, -5 for being a smartass in inappropriate moment and -20 for robbing the Dawnstars. Mind you, it might be already working like that, I don't know. It just seems sensible.

I think I'd have made them give you mostly approval for things you do, like help x person gives + (or - if it's a pro faction zealot and the thing in question isn't in their interest), and only for what you say on a minor scale. They could have made the dispositions more homogeneous. Like Maia's "resourcefulness" seems to be the same as "skulduggery" and Tek's "progressive" overlaps with Aloth's "Anti tradition" (even if they trigger at different points). Additionally, the companions would benefit from approving one another's more meaningful behaviour. *shrug*

• Like 2

nvAeseu.png

The opposite here. I don't like giving chase and jumping through hoops, especially when one wrong answer can fudge everything, so usually the first character to ask "Hey boss, wanna f†ck?" gets it.

But back to our Aloth. How do you guys make that -2 romance work? Tried, it went nowhere. I made a Bleak Walker/Corpse Eater for my arsehole run and I wouldn't mind imposing this gentleman of exquisite manners and refined gastronomical tastes on Aloth. Especially when I managed to antagonize him into -1 even before reaching Neketaka.

Good grief, this sounds so much like me, I thought I'd written it and got really confused lmao. :D I also made a Bleak Walker / Corpse eater to see if I could get the rivalmance, and he gave me the "u 2 trad. bruh" talk on the boat like 10 min after I recruited him and I'd done nothing traditional. I'll likely ditch that character though. I was tempted to use my current one who's still @ 0 in spite of trying really hard to please the guy to get the rivalmance as all I have to do is go to the bar and have a laugh with Tek to get to -1, and -2 shouldn't be that hard after that. But if all it is is a weird angry kiss, I can't be bothered. And yeah I also don't like being pushy in those types of relationships. In Dragon Age Inquisition, you have to pretty much harass some people to get anywhere and it really doesn't fit to a lot of characters. OTOH, I haven't been suffering from the lechery some people report in Deadfire. Only Tekehu has made a pass at me (and Rekke kind of, which doesn't count).

Oh god Bull hitting on everyone *but* the Inquisitor was the worst. He's my favorite LI too but it's so stupid he doesn't hit on you first. Like it does kind of work but it kind of doesn't.

And yeah I rather a mix. I thought I'd only want NPCs to get hit on first but it feels like pulling teeth starting a romance like that. Just make an obvious rejection/acceptance and that's far more engaging.

Edited by Ryz009
  • Like 1

Oh god Bull hitting on everyone *but* the Inquisitor was the worst. He's my favorite LI too but it's so stupid he doesn't hit on you first. Like it does kind of work but it kind of doesn't.

And yeah I rather a mix. I thought I'd only want NPCs to get hit on first but it feels like pulling teeth starting a romance like that. Just make an obvious rejection/acceptance and that's far more engaging.

LMAO tell me about it. I gave up flirting with Bull every single time I tried because the game just makes you feel like he's really not into the inky. To make matters worse (for me), I don't really like hitting on characters that hook up with others and are happy, so that ruined Dorian too once I figured it out (and Dorian is the only one in that game that's relatively easy to get with lol).
  • Like 2

nvAeseu.png

To make matters worse (for me), I don't really like hitting on characters that hook up with others and are happy, so that ruined Dorian too once I figured it out (and Dorian is the only one in that game that's relatively easy to get with lol).

As soon as I detected the faint whiff of chemistry starting between the Bull and Dorian, Tevinter fop was benched. Nobody gets between me and my target, Dorian. Nobody. :skull:

If I ever forget Hinterlands, stupid plot, the singing (the singing, mama! :x), Hinterlands, respawning MMO mooks, Hinterlands, bears made of titanium making a beeline for the party and Hinterlands and decide to replay DA:I with a different romance, even then I will not allow Iron Bull and Dorian in the same party. Because Bull is mine.

Edited by bugarup
  • Like 3

As soon as I detected the faint whiff of chemistry starting between the Bull and Dorian, Tevinter fop was benched. Nobody gets between me and my target, Dorian. Nobody. :skull:

If I ever forget Hinterlands, stupid plot, the singing (the singing, mama! :x), Hinterlands, respawning MMO mooks, Hinterlands, bears made of titanium making a beeline for the party and Hinterlands and decide to replay DA:I with a different romance, even then I will not allow Iron Bull and Dorian in the same party. Because Bull is mine.

I wish there was a laugh button here like on fb xD I just don't romance anyone in DAI anymore. In Deadfire I'll prolly always end up with Tek on later playthroughs, as Aloth is too much effort and I he's not into my fav pc's (unless it changes in a patch). 

• Like 1

nvAeseu.png

Aloth was my favorite in PoE (well, him and Hiravias) so I was quite happy to learn that he's returning in Deadfire. I wanted to see the way he changed and grew and I was really hoping that my Watcher can still be friends with him. I was kinda afraid that because of their different opinions their relationship might not work out. Well, on my first playthrough it was kinda rocky but I expected it would be because of varying opinions on animancy and not because my Watcher likes to flirt with people (and Aloth thinks it's prideful. what.). I also didn't sought out spoilers so I didn't know he's a romance option, not until after I was done with my first PT. I was kinda intrigued, I mean if it goes there, then sure?

When right after leaving Port Maje Watcher tells Aloth that they thought that "there was something between us" and Aloth is taken aback and replies with "I'm really happy to see you, but it's been five years" I felt so embarrassed for Watcher. I feel like this reply by Aloth is like, really realistic given the context.

It was also fun to see Aloth's potential past/missed opportunity love interests like Benessa and Ymir.

I wasn't that happy with the way the romance is initiated. Jumping straight into kissing Aloth is such a... shortcut? Though I really liked the conversation that followed, how Aloth establishes his boundaries and talks about his needs relating to this relationship. I really liked the way it played out, that it was a low-key romance. I didn't like that it was just this one conversation :|. Two would be better.

• Like 6