My goal is to find the best/worst openning of POE2 for science by using the POE1 save editor.

I have found some interesting things in the "statuseffects.gamedatabuddle". (Search:"Effigys_Resentment")

Updated: Great Thanks to Queeg. I double-checked the file again and corrected the information with details. The affliction keywords are crossed-checked with other effects ("AttackFilter")

Sacrificing POE1 Teammate Bonus:

Aloth: +1 INT, +5 ref  (This is in the "statuseffects.gamedatabuddle"). There might be a text-link error, according to Queeg, the in-game tooltip says "+5 INT affliction Def"

Devel of Caroc: +1 DEX,+1 Pen

Durance: +1 CON,+ 5% max HP

Eder: +1 MIG, +2 def

Grieving Mother: +1 RES, +5 AllDef (INT Affliction)

Hiravias: +1 DEX, +1 AR(slash)

Kana Rua: +1 INT, +5 AllDef(Dex Affliction)

Maneha: +1 MIG, +5 AllDef(Might Affliction)

Pallegina: +1 RES, +1 AR(shock)

Sagani: +1 PER, +2 Acc( >=4m)

Zahua: +1 CON, +15% buff duration

Gift of Machine's effect is identical to the POE1 effect: +1 MIG +5% Max HP

Gift of Hope: +1 CON,+1 RES,+10% max HP, I don't know what it is

Woadica Soul Power: +1 PL. If it is the result of giving souls to Woadica, then I would probably choose this over other gods, since the wrath of them is kinda weak compared to it and not hard to get rid of.

Edited by robovoid_dev

My goal is to find the best/worst openning of POE2 for science by using the POE1 save editor.
I have found some interesting things in the "statuseffects.gamedatabuddle". (Search:"Effigys_Resentment")

Aloth: +1 INT, +5 ref
Grieving Mother: +1 RES, +5 AllDef
Hiravias: +1 DEX, +1 AR
Kana Rua: +1 INT, +5 AllDef
Maneha: +1 MIG, +5 AllDef
Pallegina: +1 RES, +1 AR
Sagani: +1 PER, +2 Acc

Woadica Soul Power: +1 PL. If it is the result of giving souls to Woadica, then I would probably choose this over other gods, since the wrath of them is kinda weak compared to it and not hard to get rid of.

+15% buff duration is the bread and butter, an equivalent of +3 INT. You can't go with Caroc unless you want to lose great options in game.

The rest of the effigies are poop.

Also your list is confusing because it omits certain conditions for those numbers. +2 Acc is only for >4m targets on Sagani. Maneha only gives +5 Might affliction defense, not all. Kana is a different defense - can't remember which one now, Aloth is +5 Intellect affliction defense, Grieving is +5 Resolve affliction defense. Hiravias +1 slash AR, Pallegina +1 shock AR

Edited by Queeg
  • Like 1

If my post hasn't been edited yet, I'm still looking to find the error I made typing it.

Now I’ve got to know where Gift of Hope is from!

It’ll be easier to test these once they implement the “skip intro” button, though.

I strongly advise against sacrificing DoC to the blood pool as that would prevent you from buying the best armor in the game once you reach Neketaka.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It’ll be easier to test these once they implement the “skip intro” button, though.

I strongly advise against sacrificing DoC to the blood pool as that would prevent you from buying the best armor in the game once you reach Neketaka.

I sacrificed DoC and I got that demon armor in Neketaka too.

Aloth: +1 INT, +5 ref
Grieving Mother: +1 RES, +5 AllDef
Hiravias: +1 DEX, +1 AR
Kana Rua: +1 INT, +5 AllDef
Maneha: +1 MIG, +5 AllDef
Pallegina: +1 RES, +1 AR
Sagani: +1 PER, +2 Acc

+15% buff duration is the bread and butter, an equivalent of +3 INT. You can't go with Caroc unless you want to lose great options in game.

The rest of the effigies are poop.

Also your list is confusing because it omits certain conditions for those numbers. +2 Acc is only for >4m targets on Sagani. Maneha only gives +5 Might affliction defense, not all. Kana is a different defense - can't remember which one now, Aloth is +5 Intellect affliction defense, Grieving is +5 Resolve affliction defense. Hiravias +1 slash AR, Pallegina +1 shock AR

Good Point, I am gonna correct the information

I sacrificed DoC and I got that demon armor in Neketaka too.

O_O

Possibly a bug as I don’t see how the armor’s backstory can make sense if she was sacrificed to the blood pool.

I know what I’ll be doing until it’s fixed...

+1 PL from Woedica is potentially the best if it applies to all party members. If it’s Watcher-only, it only really makes a difference for casters.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

You get in the second game. Don't really know where, but from the description it is after you speak with Eothas:

You gained this effect after speaking with the deity Eothas.

This is indeed from the PoE 1:

By your hand, sould dedicated to Woedica were empowered by the ancient Engwithan machine in Burial Isle.

(There is a typo in the game: "sould" probably is "souls").

Since I never empowered Woedica, I don't know if it actually is trigging in the game.

But that requires sparing Harmke and he deserves to die if anyone does.

That decision was one of the few ethical dilemmas in the first game, reducing that to a powergaming gear choice is terrible game design. 

• Like 3

You get in the second game. Don't really know where, but from the description it is after you speak with Eothas:

My pet theory based on the above:

In the first game it paid to be a jerk as it got you two permanent bonuses (gift from the machine and effigy’s resentment.)

People who wanted those bonuses to carry over got what they wanted, as you get them when Eothas gives back part of your soul in Hasongo.

However, some people complained that being good got you nothing—and the devs must have thought (rightfully) that getting back a portion of your soul without any in-game effect would have felt underwhelming and unrewarding. So here’s to catching two birds with one stone, and that’s the bonus you get from your soul if you were a good guy who didn’t absorb souls from the machine and sacrifice someone to Skaen.

Woedica’s bonus is a must-have if it affects all party members. Otherwise, it’s a must just for caster Watchers.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

But that requires sparing Harmke and he deserves to die if anyone does.

That decision was one of the few ethical dilemmas in the first game, reducing that to a powergaming gear choice is terrible game design. 

Especially because killing Harmke results in DoC walking into the ocean and basically shutting down.

And this is a game where you sail a boat.

On the ocean.

It's not rocket science how you could've included the armor either way, is what I'm getting at.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

My pet theory based on the above:

In the first game it paid to be a jerk as it got you two permanent bonuses (gift from the machine and effigy’s resentment.)

People who wanted those bonuses to carry over got what they wanted, as you get them when Eothas gives back part of your soul in Hasongo.

However, some people complained that being good got you nothing—and the devs must have thought (rightfully) that getting back a portion of your soul without any in-game effect would have felt underwhelming and unrewarding. So here’s to catching two birds with one stone, and that’s the bonus you get from your soul if you were a good guy who didn’t absorb souls from the machine and sacrifice someone to Skaen.

Woedica’s bonus is a must-have if it affects all party members. Otherwise, it’s a must just for caster Watchers.

theory has a whole.  having finished poe2, we did not receive gift of hope.  we also did not sacrifice anybody to the machine in poe 1 and we did mostly good choices throughout poe1 and 2.  

am not certain what is the trigger for gift of hope, but am suspecting it is the result of poe2 interactions with eothas.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Odd that they would gate the bonus behind a specific dialog path with Eothas. Once it’s out, it’ll become the go-to dialog path because it’s the only one that gives an in-game bonus.

There goes my hope for an elegant solution to the “evil pays” conundrum.

Edited by AndreaColombo

I think it would be interesting to know what you get if you side with each god at the ending of PoE1... I know if you picked Hylea you will receive some special food in your inventory at the beginning... Don't know if you get something from the others...

I think it would be interesting to know what you get if you side with each god at the ending of PoE1... I know if you picked Hylea you will receive some special food in your inventory at the beginning... Don't know if you get something from the others...

If you side with Galawain, Eder gets 5 max HP for his soul being strengthened. If you side with Berath, she gives you a 3 use consumable item that does damage and healing in an AoE around you. I'm not sure about Wael or Rymrgand though. 

Reviving this thread because I'm working on a custom history to use for Ironman attempts for when/if this game ever gets challenging and balanced.    I have a few questions.

1:  The bonuses from Gift from the Machine, etc, activate after Hasongo? I think I used "Fair and Balanced" on the run I beat the game with and didn't get anything.  I'd like to know how far I need to play to make sure my custom history is working.

2:  Has anyone figured out how Gift of Hope is acquired yet?

3:  Is the Woedica ending the only one that gives a permanent bonus?  +1 power levels won't do much without a way to get another +1 but I can think of a few so it seems like it would easily be the best option.