Active or passive healer?

Active maybe Kind Wayfarer (KW) or Elcga /Eothos Priest? Thats what I actually use. I have adequate healing spells with priests and the Flames of Devotion (FoD) from KW provides dps and heals whereas Elcga provides death immunity for a few seconds (good with high int). Will be tanky enough if you want. Or if you dual-wield as a KW and use FoD, you heal twice as its considered a full attack and thus you cast twice (and heal twice) if you dual wield.

Otherwise for passive, theres a tanky heals with Elcga/Troubadour that pulses heals build in the build list.

I personally use KW/Eothos as my main for both RP and burn dps and heals. At lower levels I used Xoti as a pure buffer but at higher levels she was just dps.

In terms of pure healing, druid is considered the class with the strongest heals (Pick Lifegiver).

However, from a roleplay perspective, a Priest of Eothas might be the most appropriate. You would have access to a lot of heals that are also very potent, and a lot of protection/buffs as well.

Is paladin aura good?

Yes! It scales with PL, Might, Practiced Healer perk, etc. in addition to having a very high base regen rate and +1 Armor rating to boot. I combined it with the regen aura from Lethandria's shield on my pally tank. You could probably go all in on regen with Chanter healing aura and other stuff all stacking together.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

Is paladin aura good?

Yes! It scales with PL, Might, Practiced Healer perk, etc. in addition to having a very high base regen rate and +1 Armor rating to boot. I combined it with the regen aura from Lethandria's shield on my pally tank. You could probably go all in on regen with Chanter healing aura and other stuff all stacking together.

Never tried Chanter before, feels very complicated and troublesome :p

Paladin/Troubadour (with 20 intelligence buffed and high might) is a very hands off healing over time approach.  Healing is a bit weak early game though.

It's something like...

Early game.  Lay on hands (this is best if you went shield bearer), Flames of Devotion (Kind wayfarer)

After level 7.  Lay on hands, Flames of Devotion, Ancient Memory

After level 10.  Lay on hands, Flames of Devotion, Ancient Memory, Exalted Endurance.  (at this point your healing is very good)

Mid/late game. Lay on hands, Flames of Devotion, Ancient Memory, Exalted Endurance, "Old Sic would not rest til his hunger was sated (heals % of damage dealt"  

Late game. Lay on Hands, Flames of Devotion, Ancient Memory, Exalted Endurance, "Mercy and kindness where're she walked (+100% healing)"  

By late game you're a healing god, but you have more healing than you'll need after level 10.  I make this character a tank, but if you have a tank then a dual wielding kind wayfarer will probably be the best option for this build.

My second choice for healer is the druid, who has a lot of powerful healing over time with various buffs.  My last choice is the priest.  Priests I prefer for their buffs, like devotions for the faithful, over their heals.

Edited by Climhazzard
  • Like 1

GoldPact Paladin / Priest of Weal (or other subclasses... doesn't really matter much but this combination is the best for your personal protection)

Paladin/Priest makes a very good healer which are also themselves, nearly indestructible.  Even if you don't really "tank", if you are near impossible to kill or disable, that means you can keep healing without disruption.

Priest has many AOE healing spells and inspirations (to cancel afflictions or buff party) and paladin has a quick casting, potent single target heal with lay on hands that only costs 1 zeal.  Goldpact provides you with +4 armor.  Combined with heavy armor and enemies will have a really hard time damaging you, if they hit you at all.  Late level, paladin gets even more armor just by standing still; something a dedicated healer will be doing a lot of.  Paladin has lots of passive defensive boosts and priest of weal gets access to the powerful wizard defensive spells like arcane veil and mirror image, in case you are ever attacked. 

Remember to get high might and intelligence; those are the primary healing stats.  Perception is pretty much completely useless to you since buffs and heals have no accuracy rolls and you might as well hold a large shield since accuracy doesn't matter which will make up for the lost reflex if you dump it.  Sadly, dumping it means not being able to see traps and hidden items, though, and you will truly be a pacifist since you will be blind as a bat and unable to hit anything even if you tried attacking.

Edited by Braven

Paladin (Shieldbearer) / Chanter (Troubadour)

Dump perception and constitution; max intelligence, strength and resolve. Now you've got a character who can just stand around between the front and back lines to intercept anyone who runs past. You don't want this character on the front line both because the low con leaves them a bit frail and because you want them to be able to reach everyone with Lay on Hands.

Don't dump dexterity. If you do, your recovery time after actions is so high that you can't react fast enough. However, set this character's attack AI to passive since they're not going to do any damage anyway and you don't want to busy yourself with recovery time from attacking. They just stand there, blocking the way and healing/buffing people. I don't think it's a worthwhile party member, but this is the way to go if you insist on having a passive healbot.

Chants: the +10 deflection one and then whatever healing-oriented chant you prefer. You just stand there buffing everyone with your chants and popping LoH wherever it's needed. Use your incantations for heals, resurrects or just summons if nothing else is needed. Alternately, you could also dump resolve and max perception for the AoE paralyze incantation and make it a heal/CC bot, but incantations tend to have a short range and you don't want this character to be up front with dumped resolve.

Gear: the AoE heal aura shield from Dark Cupboard, and whatever else. You can put on heavy armor if you didn't dump dex, which means enemies won't so readily beeline for your healbot. You can also choose not to wear heavy armor, which means your heals come out faster when needed, but then this character will need to not have dumped constitution.

For a troubadour, I prefer not using the chant modal so you can fit an extra chant into the rotation will full coverage. It's better to get that passive full-party bonus than to get out extra incantations. However, there may be fights where you need a certain incantation more often and can toggle the modal on.

Edited by Arnegar

I want to try healer in second play through but I'm not familiar with healer class. My Xoti is monk :p

Which class or multiclass has best healing skill? Is paladin aura good?

Combination of: Priest/LifegiverDruid/Chanter/Paladin(Shieldbearer or KindWayfere).

You actually can do any combination, and it will work.

Druid has some interesting offensive spells. Druid Priest may require more dex.Chanter/Paladin do more with passives or quickcast.

Paladin can do some dmg with FoD. Paldin also have quickheal LoH, and with shieldbearer could be tank.

Paladin is levelpoints intensive. Druid,Priest are not. Chanter could be (it depends).

Edited by evilcat

Pure healing? Paladin/Troubadour or Druid/Troubadour imo.

Yep, pure healer. The reason I stated pacifist is I want to role play a character who do not fight/attack/damage anyone by any mean. So healing which trigger by attack or healing skill which will damage enemy at the same time are out.

And I'm struggling to pick paladin...because paladin is fighter right? :(

Yep, pure healer. The reason I stated pacifist is I want to role play a character who do not fight/attack/damage anyone by any mean. So healing which trigger by attack or healing skill which will damage enemy at the same time are out.

With Paladin you have to pick Kind Wayfarer and then be in melee to hit enemies with Flames of Devotion to trigger AOE heal. Paladin is not pacifist at all :D

So for pure Pacifist go Priest/Troubadour or Druid/Troubadour. Imo priest is little more roleplay for troubadour comob but that is jut my opinion :).

If you want tips what to take on Troubadour for healing/support job and how to combo that on Troubadour - let me know :)

Shieldbearer of Ecwhatever is way better than the tiny AoE heal from Kind Wayfarer. Rendering targets immortal for 6+intel% seconds is so much more valuable. The sheer mileage you get out LoHing somebody and leaving them unkillable for eight seconds is miles beyond what 15ish heal to two or three nearby characters will accomplish. It's not even close.

Often, the character you LoH as a shieldbearer will continue to receive damage and could soak up 50-100 or more damage that would otherwise have killed them moments after the LoH lands. Enemies will continue to attack the character in question, so the effective healing of a Shieldbearer LoH can end up in the hundreds.

This isn't WoW where rendering someone invulnerable will cause enemies to stop attacking them. When a Shieldbearer LoHs a target, they simply cannot die for the duration of the buff. You could chain it on the same target to let them soak up all the damage for the duration of a fight. It's a candidate for a nerf. Kind Wayfarer is not.

Edited by Arnegar

With Paladin you have to pick Kind Wayfarer and then be in melee to hit enemies with Flames of Devotion to trigger AOE heal. Paladin is not pacifist at all :D

So for pure Pacifist go Priest/Troubadour or Druid/Troubadour. Imo priest is little more roleplay for troubadour comob but that is jut my opinion :).

If you want tips what to take on Troubadour for healing/support job and how to combo that on Troubadour - let me know :)

Yeah, and I think priest is more pacifist than druid, but druid healing sounds very good :D

If only multi-class is real "multi" class instead of double class, I know I am greedy :D

Btw, if I want to role play another character( not pacifist ) who can tank/protect allies from harm/self sacrifice to protect, heal or aid allies, what is the best combo? I think Shieldbearer paladin is essential because lay of hand can prevent death.

Yeah, and I think priest is more pacifist than druid, but druid healing sounds very good :D

If only multi-class is real "multi" class instead of double class, I know I am greedy :D

Btw, if I want to role play another character( not pacifist ) who can tank/protect allies from harm/self sacrifice to protect, heal or aid allies, what is the best combo? I think Shieldbearer paladin is essential because lay of hand can prevent death.

Nah, prevents death is overrated. Full party can dish out so much heal that I don't know who ever needed that shieldbearer immortality. You also have potions, Second Winds... I only took it for my Burn Baby Burn build becasue Sacred Immolation kill you in few seconds. Also paladin for party can take ressurect abilities and Preist have Barring Death Door that prevents from death anyway.

If not pacifist I would go Kind Wayfarer + Priest with dual weapons, High INT, high Might and Perception and be classic tank healer in front. You dish out damage and at same time heal people around you. Pair it with Moon Godlike for more AOE heal or with Nature Godlike for more Power and you are golden.

Alternatively you can go my Sword Singer build, Herald version (Kind Wayfarer/Troubadour) with little changes (taking healing invocations) and with Anicent Memory, healing invocations and other team buffs you can also provide a lot of support in front + summons. On Level VII you have Mercy chant with give +100% healing. Combining that with Ancient Memory and +% healing items and +15% healing done passive you will heal like crazy.

• Like 1