I got trapped in the Old City having gone down the lift and found my way out via the Undercroft. I was attacked on sight on arrival. SInce then the Pitates in the udnercroft have been persistently hostile. Now I neeed to spek to Mad Marina but I can get to her withoput encountering hostile pirates and I have experimented by dashing to her location to find that Mad Marina herself is also hostile if I am seen by anybody in the Undercroft.

I now have a positive rep with the Principe. But I can find no way to change to "shoot on sight" status of all the pirates in the Undercroft.

This is a serious problem for me - is there any solution to this?

You should have done dereo's quest and then he would have send you down there anyway. They were never hostile beside me.

I have just done Dereo's quest successfully. He told me where to find Mad Marina. All the pirates are still hostile.

First you have to get the horn of waves and after he sends you down there. I don't know what happens, when you forcefully take the elevator down, without his permission.

There are two elevators. One in the town and the second in Delver's Row, where you are supposed to go down.

That's just side quests what you don't really need.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

You should have done dereo's quest and then he would have send you down there anyway. They were never hostile beside me.

I have just done Dereo's quest successfully. He told me where to find Mad Marina. All the pirates are still hostile.

I don't know if you can 'unhostile' them once they are hostile. They don't turn hostile if you have reason to be there the first time you visit. If you end up there without reason I think you can sneak out via a rowboat without turning them hostile.

If it's for the feeding the Roparu quest there are other ways of doing it.

You get to talk to Mad Morena peacefully if you are doing the questline with Captain Aeldys. She will send you to talk to Morena to help her. That's how I did it. I don't remember if I got to walk in freely or if I had to convince them. Otherwise maybe it's possible to sneak in and talk to her. 

It had nothing to do with Dereo for me.

Edited by omegazen