[BUG] Failing RDC allegiance quest means you can accept both VTC AND Huana

CENIC

Question

I talked to the RDC leader NPC (Hazanui Karu) accepted their allegiance quest and then refused to go through with it, prompting her and all her cronies to attack me. When I killed her the quest failed. Fine.

Afterwards I went and spoke to the Huana faction leader NPC (Queen Onekaza) and I had the option to pledge allegiance to her. I did (this is the faction I wanted to side with)

However, pledging allegiance to the Huana did NOT automatically fail the VTC allegiance quest. I was able to complete "Skipping Ahead" and then Director Castol's trial. When I spoke to him afterwards I automatically pledged allegiance to the VTC (there was no option to refuse this)

This resulted in "The Coming Storm" journal entry being completed and stating I sided with the Huana, but when I went to Ondra's Mortar to finish the game the VTC were my allies.

I assume that once you pledge allegiance to one leader all of the other allegiance quests shoukd fail, but it seems that killing one leader messes up the exclusivity checks somehow.

Edited by CENIC

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

2 answers to this question

Hi CENIC,

I just wanted to follow up and ask if you could provide us with your save file preferably before you spoke to the RDC leader Hazanui Karu about siding with her or not so that we may investigate your issue more thoroughly.

Thanks!