For those who want to side with VTC or Huana but want to keep Maia

You don't need to blow the powder house. First talk to Hazanui Karu to trigger final RDC quest then reject( BEWARE! Almost all Brass Citadel NPC will turn hostile ). Kill her and Atsura, if you want to avoid slaughter as much as possible try to be sneaky or any mean to reduce hostile.

Then when you talk to either queen or VTC director, they will skip their final quest.

Btw, I don't know bringing Maia along is mandatory or not, but it is funny to see her killing Karu and Atsura :D

I just did the VTC quest and avoid talking to Maia afterwards. She was on her spot on the deck last I saw her before Ukaizo :p

Some people might not like the idea of ignoring Maia before reaching Ukaizo. And I have experience where Tekehu leave me no matter what after I killed the queen and he just send me a missive. 

I just did the VTC quest and avoid talking to Maia afterwards. She was on her spot on the deck last I saw her before Ukaizo :p

Some people might not like the idea of ignoring Maia before reaching Ukaizo. And I have experience where Tekehu leave me no matter what after I killed the queen and he just send me a missive. 

Thing is it was the last quest I did so it didn't matter to me whether she stays or not since I wasn't planning to take her to the last mission. In fact I should have killed her so she wouldn't f. up Port Maje post game :p 

I did what the op suggested and nope, Maia still leaves after you talk to her. She just can't stand VTC it seems. At least Tekehu doesn't leave this way.

Edited by Aramintai