I've reloaded and Killed Fyrgist multiple times but the sword isnt dropping. The wiki says that's who drops it but I'm unclear if I'm doing something wrong or where I've gotten it mixed up.

Just wanna use my favorite weapon type.

Update: based off of some things I've read I wondered if the sword only dropped from ship to ship combat and not boarding. So I bought a Galleon and blew him out of the water. And the sword dropped. Idk if it was still random or what, but it's a good bit of info if anyone else is struggling

• Like 2

Update: based off of some things I've read I wondered if the sword only dropped from ship to ship combat and not boarding. So I bought a Galleon and blew him out of the water. And the sword dropped. Idk if it was still random or what, but it's a good bit of info if anyone else is struggling

I killed him by boarding on my last try and it finally dropped ;)

Done this as Bleak Walker Paladin.

xqsu4dd7.jpg

Oh that sword. Scuse my stupidity. I got it both of my playthroughs first try from ship - ship combat.

nvAeseu.png

I killed him by boarding on my last try and it finally dropped ;)

Alright well it seems to be completely random then. Just happy I got it finally.

• Like 1

while we are at it, Fyrgist is basically Feargus (Urquhart), right? considering he's also affiliated with "Black Isle Bastards". i wonder if the sword's name is a reference to something.

According to google translate it's filipino for "partner."

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

while we are at it, Fyrgist is basically Feargus (Urquhart), right? considering he's also affiliated with "Black Isle Bastards". i wonder if the sword's name is a reference to something.

If theres a connection I dont see it. The name is Filipino but the weapon is Aztec in design, and the cultures of the game are kinda Maori.

• Like 1

I don't know if the translation is correct. I have no idea about filipino and google translator is not very reliable.

But if the translation is correct think about it this way:

His weapon is his partner. What is his weapon made of? Obsidian... Get it now?

Captain Fyrgist of the Black Isle Bastards wielding an Obsidian Sword...

Would sound very suspicious to me :p

• Like 1

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

..yeah it's definitely him

Ahahaha! I didn't know about that portrait of Captain Fyrgist. Again Aarik didn't tell me. Probably so I could discover it for myself. I absolutely love it!

• Like 1

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

If theres a connection I dont see it. The name is Filipino but the weapon is Aztec in design, and the cultures of the game are kinda Maori.

thought the sword was samoan in origin? well, anyway... my 2 playthroughs first i boarded and got it, then second go, i sunk her... still got it. so, i'm two for two. does that just mean i'm lucky?

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

thought the sword was samoan in origin? well, anyway... my 2 playthroughs first i boarded and got it, then second go, i sunk her... still got it. so, i'm two for two. does that just mean i'm lucky?

Macuahuitl are actually Mesoamerican in origin; that is, Aztec, Mayan, etc. There is a very similar weapon, the leiomano, that is Polynesian in origin--but it uses shark teeth instead of knapped obsidian for blades.

• Like 1

Macuahuitl are actually Mesoamerican in origin; that is, Aztec, Mayan, etc. There is a very similar weapon, the leiomano, that is Polynesian in origin--but it uses shark teeth instead of knapped obsidian for blades.

That's actually fascinating, aesthetically this is one of my favorite melee weapons so I was happy to see it included in the game.

Even if the influences are pulled from all over I think the character of Fyrgist and Kapana taga is a fun little Easter Egg

• Like 1

That's actually fascinating, aesthetically this is one of my favorite melee weapons so I was happy to see it included in the game.

Even if the influences are pulled from all over I think the character of Fyrgist and Kapana taga is a fun little Easter Egg

It's really quite cool, and I'm real glad Aarik worked as hard as he did to get the model in. Macuahuitl are *not* a weapon commonly seen in CRPG's, and I think it's badass that it's here.

• Like 1

It's really quite cool, and I'm real glad Aarik worked as hard as he did to get the model in. Macuahuitl are *not* a weapon commonly seen in CRPG's, and I think it's badass that it's here.

Exactly! It's such a fun and interesting weapon, I'm glad to see it implemented so well. Also bonus it's a good weapon, because as soon as I found out it existed I knew it was the last mainhand I was going for.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I consider this to be the best weapon for the Sir Sit-a-Lot solo play-through.

Got it on the 1 (Mid-Autumn). I am not 100% on this but I also noticed that he Fyrgist was wielding it on an attempt I got it. I vaguely remember him wielding regular sword on other attempts.