Hi, I'm using steam for PoE 2, and everytime I go to the DLC store page and hit "download" it just launches the game. Happening with Rum Runner and also the "Critical Role pack" DLC. Under properties (in library) the 2 DLC's aren't even listed as an option. Any way to fix this? I'm also doing shared library with gf, if that helps. (She bought it, not me)

Try unchecking and rechecking the box next to "Rum Runners DLC - Not Installed." Did it for me.

That's the thing, it doesn't even show up there lol. It doesn't even say its there. Everytime I hit download it just launches game. I've tried hitting "add all dlc to cart" and still nothing. The person who has the game alrdy has them installed so its on their account as well. I'm reinstalling the game now to see what happens

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

I can't count how many times this worked when someone came to me with a PC, tablet, or phone problem. Once I even fixed a remote not working for someone by putting batteries in it.  :lol:

With that being said, I'm also not able to download it with GOG Galaxy. It's not listed under DLC like the others. Restarting Galaxy didn't help and I also can't download it on my second PC. It's listed under Downloads on the GOG website but not in GOG Galaxy.

Edited by acbatchelor

I just encountered this issue. As previously mentioned, my issue was on steam, the rum runner pack did not show on my dlc list and when in-game, I would choose to d/l the dlc and I would get looped back to the game. 

I got it working by launching steam, PoE2 Find More DLC in store, add all dlc to cart give it a few seconds, back arrow, PoE-RR is now showing as 'in library'. Now I can go back and hit the check Wait a few, uncheck, restart steam, check, it now started to d/l

I'm sure there is an easier way but figured this might help in the meantime. 

• 1 month later...

This is a general issue with Steam, not specifically with Deadfire. The easiest solution is to reinstall the game once you own the DLC, which is ... obnoxious.

I could swear there's another workaround, but I can't recall it. >_>

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Yeah, I've had this with every single DLC for PoE 2 as well. I've always managed to eventually get them installed though, so it is possible in my experience. Once it shows up in the PoE page but saying 'not installed', unselecting and selecting definitely works, though indeed it doesn't always show there. I think in one instance where it didn't, it did show a "0 of 1 downloaded" (or something) at the bottom of the PoE Steam window (as you get with updates as well), and then clicking that got me to the download/update screen and hitting the 'update' button helped. Usually this was after repeatedly having gone to the DLC page and clicking install (and then closing down PoE again, because obviously that starts up). 

It's indeed quite ridiculous that this is so messed up. But it is seemingly still possible with some perseverence and a fair amount of swearing, without reinstalling (or restarting Steam, don't think I ever did that either).

• 3 weeks later...

Having same issues.  Paid for DLC installs fine.  Free DLC will not install.  Doesn't matter what combination I use of launching, closing, opening, etc.  Or where I attempt to install from (Steam app, steam web sight, in-game, etc).  DLC won't download, and won't even show in the DLC list (so I can't do the check/uncheck step).

There is (or was) an issue where you can't get the free DLC if you aren't the owner of the game. Meaning if you have the game through Family Sharing on Steam, then you don't have access to the free DLC. I assume that is what Hades meant by his line "The person who has the game alrdy has them installed so its on their account as well."

If that isn't the case then it's easy to solve on steam, click the download button on the store page which will then start the game. Then just shut the game down and the DLC should have appeared in the DLC list for the game library on your account. Just find the DLC in the list and uncheck/check the checkmark next to it and it should start downloading. But like I said, you can't get it if you have the game through Family Sharing, only the person who actually owns the game can.

I pretty much just fought with it until it worked. I was installing BoW and Deck of Many Things. Eventually after pressing download a ton and buying BoW and then pressing the download button more, it eventually recognized I had DLC.

Actually wait! I had to update the game too. Try checking the download section in Steam.

There is (or was) an issue where you can't get the free DLC if you aren't the owner of the game. Meaning if you have the game through Family Sharing on Steam, then you don't have access to the free DLC. I assume that is what Hades meant by his line "The person who has the game alrdy has them installed so its on their account as well."

If that isn't the case then it's easy to solve on steam, click the download button on the store page which will then start the game. Then just shut the game down and the DLC should have appeared in the DLC list for the game library on your account. Just find the DLC in the list and uncheck/check the checkmark next to it and it should start downloading. But like I said, you can't get it if you have the game through Family Sharing, only the person who actually owns the game can.

Ahh, this is probably my issue then, I've shared the game with my wife and was trying to install the free DLC on her computer.

Is there any word on plans to fix this?  

• 2 months later...