[Bug][Quest] Coming to Terms: Main floor of VTCHQ deserted at night

Morpten

Question

Looks like it's possible to enter the Vailian Trading Company Headquarters (through the sewers/toilet) at a certain time of day (close to nighttime but not quite) which will not correctly trigger the building's main floor's switch to its "night state" (heavily guarded with patrols and everything hostile towards you by default).

In fact there's reason to believe that the main floor somehow remains in the "daytime state" but with either all or at least one particular NPC becoming invisible.

The NPC in question would be the clerk who during the day would deny you access to the Archives Room and the contract with the Duape tribe.

The Archives Room during the day:

ctt01.png

The Archives Room during the "night":

ctt02.png

The clerk (which is nowhere to be seen) stopping you from accessing the contract:

ctt03.png

What the other parts of the main floor look like during the day and the "night" respectively:

ctt04.png

ctt05.png

With the clerk effectively still being in the Archives Room (just not visually) I wonder if the guards and paladins are there too but invisible as well:

ctt06.png

ctt07.png

2 answers to this question

Looks like it's permanently broken for me.

Reloaded the save before entering the VTCHQ and waited until later into the night this time before entering once again through the sewers, but no dice. Main floor is still completely deserted (except for the invisible clerk and(?) invisible guards).

Also tried leaving and re-entering Queen's Berth (by sea) but this didn't fix it either.

Might be worth noting that I've snuck into the VTCHQ the first time before getting the task "Coming to terms" from Tawenu. That first time, at night, the main floor was still correctly populated with guards and patrols, but maybe taking the forged contract out of Luca's chest prematurely and without having spoken to either Tawenu or Luca beforehand somehow messed with the trigger properly switching the main floor from its "day state" to its "night state" and back again.

You can still tamper with the original contract in the Archives Room by interacting with the file cabinet while in stealth (and thus bypass the invisible clerk's intervention) but I think that's hardly how this whole thing's supposed to work.

vtchq45.png

vtchq46.png

Edit:

Looks like leaving the VTCHQ main floor again and immediately re-enter through the sewers fixes at least one part of the issue. The second time there are guards and patrols again but the invisible clerk stopping you from interacting with/searching the file cabinet for the Duape tribe contract if the PC is not in stealth remains.

Edited by Morpten