GOG Installer / DLC Activation Issue

DiabolicallyRandom

Question

Spent several hours today getting my game working properly - All because I couldn't get the Critical Role pack to install.

Basically, it started out with, all of my DLC options in Galaxy Client were greyed out. Completely. I couldn't enable or disable anything. The only things enabled were the ones available on release.

First I tried all the documented support steps on GOG to refresh my account. Then I tried reinstalling the galaxy client. I even reinstalled the game. NOTHING.

The only thing that got it working was a complete CLEAN uninstall of BOTH the galaxy client AND the game - which of course took forever due to download.

After the nice clean install, NONE of the DLC is active by default. So I had to manually enable each and every DLC - which wouldn't be a big deal, except... it takes 10 minutes for EACH DLC to activate. It's not even downloading. It's just churning. Best I can tell, it is re-verifying the ENTIRE game before every single DLC activiation.

This whole thing has been an absolutely horrible experience. Add to that the fact that I had POE1 on Steam, and now I can't get Gauns Pledge because of it... just ugh. It's really crappy that I can't just swap my key at this point. GOG is totally ruining this experience for me.

Please, work with GOG to fix the install and activation of DLC to not be such a major pain in the keester?

• Like 1

11 answers to this question

I had to download the Rum Runners DLC from the GOG website and then verify files in GOG Galaxy, the DLC works but now the problem is none of my cloud saves will sync with GOG. It was perfectly fine and they synced, until downloading the Rum Rummers DLC... I've just been using a USB thumb drive to back up my saves and transfer between systems, old school but it works. I'll be super excited when these GOG issues are fixed, I prefer GOG to Steam but if these continue I may be forced to play on Steam instead.

How I finally got this fixed:

Completely removed GoG Galaxy AND PoEII from system. Complete and total clean removal.

Reinstalled GoG Galaxy

Reinstalled PoE II

This now enabled the checkboxes, BUT! Rum Runners checkbox still didn't show! And they were all DISABLED by default. Resigned to not care about rum runners, I manually enabled each and every one, which took forever. 

OK all good (except rum runners).

Then I decided to try and manually install rum runners. As soon as I did the manual install, ALL the checkboxes disappeared, and my game in GoG Galaxy said "unverified".

So I uninstalled rum runners, and then i re-verified the game files.

FINALLY, rum runners showed as a checkbox. I enabled it, and everything is now up to date and working.

I could install all the DLC, but the process was so super slow via GoG Galaxy that I turned to the install files for manual download provided on the GoG webpage. Still took some time, but way less than with Galaxy.

Guest Blutwurstritter

For me the Deadfire Pack Dlc does not show up in Gog galaxy. Is it included in some later patch or is this a bug ?

Any update on fixing this problem?

Not that I've seen. I have all the DLCs installed by using the installers from the GOG website. The cloud saves won't sync on GOG still, so I always back them on a USB drive. Not ideal but better than nothing. I don't understand how this hasn't been fixed yet...

This, all the DLC is greyed out. No explanation, no one seems to know anything to do, other than a complete uninstall/reinstall, which is ridiculous.

Holding off on playing until this issue gets resolved. 

Same problem, here. GoG version. 

All checkbox are greyed, same for the "install" button on Galaxy. I tried to install them with the .exe of the website, but the installer just get stuck and never finish the job. I contacted the GoG support, but so far their only response is : Are you sure that the game DLC are not to be activated in the game...

First time I am so disppointed by GoG team. I should have choose the steam version ^^