There was a post about making of the current party (5 members) a "combat(or active) party" and removing the party size limitation on the new party ("non-active party", "roleplay party", "real party"). he/she mention some pros.

The companions would behave as if it were on the party, but wouldn't be physically represented.

Essentially to separate the combat party and the roleplay party so one doesn't ruin the other

Great idea, but still doubt will be implemented.

So Devs: can you make this easily moddable?

Made a new topic because this is specifically about making it moddable and its mainly directed to the developers.

I believe the UI would be an issue for something as it was designed for five people in the party. At least that's what I've heard. If someone more knowledgeable about the subject could chime in I think it would help!

Yes! We have no bananas.

I believe the UI would be an issue for something as it was designed for five people in the party. At least that's what I've heard. If someone more knowledgeable about the subject could chime in I think it would help!

You would still only have 5 party members requiring UI. I assume the others would only be present ‘in spirit’ so to speak, so they can chip in if they have something to say about a quest or whatever, as if they were in the party.

At least I guess that’s the idea?