Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Class Build] BURN BABY BURN! Votary (Paladin/Monk) HERETICS BURNING FLAMING BUILD! Not easy to play!

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Bamsmacked88

Bamsmacked88

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Steam:sychopath88

Is it possible to get Devil of Caroc breastplate by creating a history and choosing Caroc sparing Harmke -- or is this only obtainable by importing saves?

I only ask this because it's not available in shop if you choose a preset history.

Edited by Bamsmacked88, 25 May 2018 - 12:36 PM.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5383 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Yup. I created a custom legacy where she spared Harmke and bought the breastplate in Neketaka.

Edited by AndreaColombo, 25 May 2018 - 12:48 PM.

• Bamsmacked88 likes this

Bamsmacked88

Bamsmacked88

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Steam:sychopath88

Yup. I created a custom legacy where she spared Harmke and bought the breastplate in Neketaka.

Good to know, thank you!

Frostoad

Frostoad

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 10 posts

Did you try this as a Kind Wayfarer? White Flames has a Fire keyword so it should heal for a ****ton.

• TheMetaphysician likes this

Voltron

Voltron

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 565 posts

Did you try this as a Kind Wayfarer? White Flames has a Fire keyword so it should heal for a ****ton.

Probably but as you could see I didn't need much healing outside of running Sacred Immolation in which case you kind of need Shieldbearer immortality on Lay on Hands as Sacred Immolation can crit you for 100+ damage in one tick :D

baldurs_gate_2

baldurs_gate_2

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Good to know, thank you!

Beneloved Soul has the breastplate but Dark Times doesn't. I did not try the other histories.

TheMetaphysician

TheMetaphysician

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Isn't there a ring you can buy at the dark cupboard that boosts fire power level? If so, that would go well with this build.

Voltron

Voltron

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 565 posts

Isn't there a ring you can buy at the dark cupboard that boosts fire power level? If so, that would go well with this build.

Hm, could you link or tell me name?

Clerith

Clerith

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 346 posts

He meants the +10 fire accuracy ring.

Voltron

Voltron

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 565 posts

Ah, accuracy bonus sucks compare to other rings. I thought he really found +Fire Power ring.

TheMetaphysician

TheMetaphysician

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Ah, accuracy bonus sucks compare to other rings. I thought he really found +Fire Power ring.

Ok, I was misremembering the accuracy bonus as a PL bonus. My bad.

Voltron

Voltron

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 565 posts

Ok, I was misremembering the accuracy bonus as a PL bonus. My bad.

Np, I am fairy sure I haven't miss any +Fire Power item in game, but who knows :)

Elendriel

Elendriel

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts

This build is awesome!

Dumb question: would a similar build work for a Crusader? It'd miss out on late game power, but it'd come together a bit sooner & be more tanky. Those fire weapons are neat too, because they'd give a reason to skip Devoted (unlike most builds involving fighter): use swords or whatever early/mid game and then switch to these later for more heretic burnination.

MaKaYar

MaKaYar

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

Hm, build looks like something overpowered and have conveniant mechanics. Need to try. 

Voltron

Voltron

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 565 posts

This build is awesome!

Dumb question: would a similar build work for a Crusader? It'd miss out on late game power, but it'd come together a bit sooner & be more tanky. Those fire weapons are neat too, because they'd give a reason to skip Devoted (unlike most builds involving fighter): use swords or whatever early/mid game and then switch to these later for more heretic burnination.

No it would not as Hellwalker give you +10 Might on wounds + 50% Burn Damage to your attacks with Turning Wheel.

I mean it would "work" but don't expect numbers that high at all. It's those Hellwalker bonuses that makes that burn damage skyrocket hard.

Paladin FoD burn damage + 10% lash from it's upgrade + 50% Turning Wheel + 28 Might (+10 from Helwalker) + 5 Fire Power Levels + 2 Nature Godlike Power Levels (if you take it) = insane power damage.

Without Helwalker damage would still be nice but nowhere near 50% of what this build can do with fire :)

Voltron

Voltron

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 565 posts

Hm, build looks like something overpowered and have conveniant mechanics. Need to try. 

It's OP but heavy gear dependent and level. You won't see full power of this build until you get Magrans Favor (and enchant it for +3 Fire Powers), Sun and Moon or Sungraze and Turning Wheel on monk.

So not like other builds where everything works from beginning because of Cleave, this one actually requires you to hunt specific gear as soon as you can.

if you buy proper scrolls, gear up with other standard equipment and buy summon items I am sure you could get Magran's Favor with this build around level 11-12, but it would not be easy if you play with scale up and difficulty mod.

Without I don't think it would be much problem.

dunehunter

dunehunter

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2520 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

How do u upgrade Sungrazer btw, Meteoric + Extinction Event? I found all of its upgrade is very very good.

PIRI

PIRI

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 108 posts

With maxed per, dex and reflex talant immolation will rarely hit paladin.

Voltron

Voltron

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 565 posts

With maxed per, dex and reflex talant immolation will rarely hit paladin.

Belive me if there is something to maxed this build have it :). It may not hit that oftern but when it crits you for 190 damage its enough :p

Voltron

Voltron

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 565 posts

How do u upgrade Sungrazer btw, Meteoric + Extinction Event? I found all of its upgrade is very very good.

Exactly like that, Meteoric + EE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users