[Class Build] BURN BABY BURN! Votary (Paladin/Monk) HERETICS BURNING FLAMING BUILD! Not easy to play!

He meants the +10 fire accuracy ring.

Ah, accuracy bonus sucks compare to other rings. I thought he really found +Fire Power ring.

Ok, I was misremembering the accuracy bonus as a PL bonus. My bad.

Np, I am fairy sure I haven't miss any +Fire Power item in game, but who knows :)

This build is awesome!

Dumb question: would a similar build work for a Crusader? It'd miss out on late game power, but it'd come together a bit sooner & be more tanky. Those fire weapons are neat too, because they'd give a reason to skip Devoted (unlike most builds involving fighter): use swords or whatever early/mid game and then switch to these later for more heretic burnination.

This build is awesome!

Dumb question: would a similar build work for a Crusader? It'd miss out on late game power, but it'd come together a bit sooner & be more tanky. Those fire weapons are neat too, because they'd give a reason to skip Devoted (unlike most builds involving fighter): use swords or whatever early/mid game and then switch to these later for more heretic burnination.

No it would not as Hellwalker give you +10 Might on wounds + 50% Burn Damage to your attacks with Turning Wheel.

I mean it would "work" but don't expect numbers that high at all. It's those Hellwalker bonuses that makes that burn damage skyrocket hard.

Paladin FoD burn damage + 10% lash from it's upgrade + 50% Turning Wheel + 28 Might (+10 from Helwalker) + 5 Fire Power Levels + 2 Nature Godlike Power Levels (if you take it) = insane power damage.

Without Helwalker damage would still be nice but nowhere near 50% of what this build can do with fire :)

Hm, build looks like something overpowered and have conveniant mechanics. Need to try. 

It's OP but heavy gear dependent and level. You won't see full power of this build until you get Magrans Favor (and enchant it for +3 Fire Powers), Sun and Moon or Sungraze and Turning Wheel on monk.

So not like other builds where everything works from beginning because of Cleave, this one actually requires you to hunt specific gear as soon as you can.

if you buy proper scrolls, gear up with other standard equipment and buy summon items I am sure you could get Magran's Favor with this build around level 11-12, but it would not be easy if you play with scale up and difficulty mod.

Without I don't think it would be much problem.

With maxed per, dex and reflex talant immolation will rarely hit paladin.

Belive me if there is something to maxed this build have it :). It may not hit that oftern but when it crits you for 190 damage its enough :p

How do u upgrade Sungrazer btw, Meteoric + Extinction Event? I found all of its upgrade is very very good.

Exactly like that, Meteoric + EE.

It’s sold in Neketaka if you chose the bad ending for DoC in your Pillars legacy (I.e. she spared Harmke.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Same. I created a custom legacy where she spared Harmke and got the armor no problem.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

This is for the original poster. While this build works great once it is leveled up and geared; how does it work starting off on a solo run? You will not be putting out all the crazy fire damage. Can it still survive long enough to finish encounters?

This is for the original poster. While this build works great once it is leveled up and geared; how does it work starting off on a solo run? You will not be putting out all the crazy fire damage. Can it still survive long enough to finish encounters?

While I'm not the OP, in my experience when I tried out this build, Paladin/Monk is so op in the beginning (Swift Strikes, Deep Faith, FoD, Monk fists) that you'll have no problems.

No problem. You have Lay on Hands, FoD, SS and crazy helwalker dmg. Also if you don't plan to use Sacred Immolation at end-game just choose Kind Wayfarer and then you are totally fine and self sustained as FoD heals you like crazy.

Generally Monk+Paladin is strong mutliclass.

I have been trying this out and have some observations and a few questions.

First, I must not be very practiced in the art of soloing on PotD because some of the fights at the beginning are incredibly tough. I probably need to make more use of summon tokens and skip some of the fights until later. For now I decided to just use a party because I want to do all the companion quests anyway.

Second, what the heck do you do against fire immune stuff? I just got to Arkemyr's and the constructs are all immune and some rooms also have flame elementals...

Third, I know that no gloves, boots, or amulets are really that great, but what did you end up using? I would like to track them down sooner than later if there are any good ones hidden in world events, etc.

And last, it is in fact really strong after level 7 or so. I do run out of zeal quite quickly - that's the only shortcoming for now.

Soloing is an acquired taste and the gameplay difference takes some getting used to, you can't facetank a group until later when you're powerful. Abuse everything (stealth, summons, consumables, pulling) early.

You switch to another set of weapons (hey dual sabres how I missed you) for fire immune. For enemies who become immune near death, idk, run away until the buff ends? You can probably dispel it somehow. Can you craft Death Ring scrolls?

Amulet is greater health/+2 resolve/bone setter's torc for extra hit to crit and healing. Boots is random resolve garbage like the beach sandals early, boots of stone for res, dex, might resist, then there are +2 dex and increased healing sandals somewhere. There are some good gloves, +2 might and prone on crit you can buy in Neketaka.

Get the Devil of Caroc's breastplate for +2 Zeal asap, and you get more Zeal as you level up, it gets pretty smooth later on.

Amulet is greater health/+2 resolve/bone setter's torc for extra hit to crit and healing. Boots is random resolve garbage like the beach sandals early, boots of stone for res, dex, might resist, then there are +2 dex and increased healing sandals somewhere. There are some good gloves, +2 might and prone on crit you can buy in Neketaka.

Get the Devil of Caroc's breastplate for +2 Zeal asap, and you get more Zeal as you level up, it gets pretty smooth later on.

Any more detail on those gloves? I can't find them and don't see any in the wiki. Woedeca's look ok though.

Is this build still good with 1.1?

Yes, though not as strong due to Sun and Moon nerf and turning wheel nerf from 50% burn dmg to 25% at 10 wounds. But it should still be strong and viable, just not face roll now and you may actually have to use Sacred now to maximize dmg :D

• Like 1