[Class Build] BURN BABY BURN! Votary (Paladin/Monk) HERETICS BURNING FLAMING BUILD! Not easy to play!

ElHBEdr.jpg

- IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Videos Below and Damage Logs are from solo PotD, All Scalling option on, Only Upscalling on + Difficulty mod which HIGHLY increase enemy levels in PotD: https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/43 . As you can see mod does its work. Fampyr can tank few 150+ hits before it dies. So just know that normal unmodded game will be MUCH EASIER with this build.

- Also this build is not as OP as anything with Fighter Cleave ez mode but it has it's own OPness but need much more micro than just killing one enemy and let the passive do the work. Also this build is very very hard to play with Sacred Immolation, you have to constantly make sure you are "on" Lay On Hands and you control your HP with Second Winds and you control Immolation duration. It's not easy, but dem, they burn nicely :D :D

EDIT: Ok, with Sungrazer and this build you can do even better/more OP Nuking Machine than with Cleave, though it's not as consistant :D. Check below New Video with Sunbrazer in Action.

THIS BUILD GIVES PALADIN BOTH SUPERB SINGLE TARGET BURST AND FINALLY A SUPER AOE NUKING OPTION: each one with different Flail in Offhand (Battleaxe is must ALWAYS!)

Videos:

1st Video Showing Full Power of Flames (Sacred Immolation in Action)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtGvneLSyoM&feature=youtu.be

2nd Video Showing what you can do without Sacred Immolation with Sun And Moon single Target Damage boost (due to flail chance to proc burn effect twice):

3rd Video Showing The Power of SunGrazer Flail on this build :D :D (it launches burn AOE nukes!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_fWjQdYKPM&feature=youtu.be

0FVo8vs.png

9f0KELi.pngThis girl is heretics burning Votary, who pledged herself to Magran to burn all mother******s who doesn't seem to understand that
YOU DO NOT PLAY WITH FIRE!!!!

Samples of Burn Damage done with weapons and abilities:

DbIcYwo.png
fTHzgb6.jpg

Build:

- Paladin Shieldbrearer of St.Elcga/Helwalker Monk.

Shieldbarer is a must only if you want to use to fully this build in end-game and run with Sacred Immolation on yourself. The 10 seconds of being unkillable is currently a must till Obsidian fix the self damage of Sacred immolation.
Helwalker for that extra damage and healing from everything and that Turning Wheel full power. Burn Baby Burn!

If you want to just nuke everything with Sungrazer AOE attacks and skip Sacred Immolation= take Bleak Walker for more damage :D.

What does this build do:

- Super high Burning damage from burning weapons. We utilize here a great heretics burning combo: Magran Battleaxe (+5 Fire Power Levels and Action Speed bonuses) and Sun and Moon flail or Sungrazer Flail + Flames of Devotion, Burning Wheel + Helwalker damage bonuses with wounds and Blazing Fury to make sure that EVERY SINGLE HERETIC IS TURNED TO ASH!
- High Defences and self heals from Paladin + High Damage bonuses from Helwalker.
- Dual Wielding for maximum damage.
- SUPER DUPER AOE BURN DAMAGE WITH SUNGRAZER FLAIL (check video above)- you can nuke whole screen with one attack or have mini-nukes dropping on enemies.
- Super High AOE dmg late game from Sacred Immolation
- Tanky, yet squishy if you want to use Immolation

Is this build solo viable?: LIKE HELL IT IS! I don't make any others :D. I hate managing party members :p

STATS: Might 18 and Int 18. Rest what you want. I recommend high Perception for early-mid game when your accuracy is low.

RACE: You should take Natural Godlike here  for that extra +2 Power Levels as you take Monk here so you always have it. Or anything for roleplay reasons if you want.

SKILLS: Definitely Athletics if you want to Run self immolation. No other Choice. And History for Giftbearers defense boosts (yes, you can still be charmed/dominated by farmpyr on modded difficulty even with 140 Will defense).

EQUIPMENT:

For Single Target Damage we Combine Magran Favor + Sun And Moon, as Soon and Moon has 33% Chance to Apply burn effect twice. We also use Dragon Dowyr at the beginning of fight to cast on us Blazing Furry for Recovery and self damage and then switch to melee weapons.

For AOE NUKING (It really is a Nuke :D) We will Combine Magran Favor with Sungrazer which is absolutely OP on this build- because it has 10% chance to cast AOE (and 100% on killing with crit) and it can be triggered but both Rooting Pain and Heartbear Drumming and Swift Flurry :D

- With Below Equipment and Passive Sion Flame + Passive from Nature Godlike we achieve: +7 Power Levels to Fire-Attacks and +2 Power Levels to everything. What does it mean? That our Fire damage will overpen almost always.

NKq2syz.png
DPH9u8E.png

Your SUPER AOE NUKE option! (which finally gives Paladin AOE NUKING :D :D- behold, a Sungrazer instead of Sun and Moon, Sungrazer has chance to lunch AOE burn explosions that can deal very high damage with this build (one on hit and one on killing with critical hit). It's fire AOE ofc gets boost from Axe, Sion of Flame and Pet FIre-Power Increase.
z5burT2.png

2RzL9yf.pngXwWPXT9.png

GEAR:

- Devil of Caroc breastplate
- None if you are Nature Godlike. Serpent Crown, anything really that works for you if you took different race. There is helmet that gives you chance to do AOE burn attack but I can't find it now. I will check and update list.

- Amulet - anything you like. There is one that gives Fireballs for more burning. Or +2 INT one for more durations.
- Boots- whatever.
- Ring VERY IMPORTANT: Voidward Ring give -35% Raw Damage which is good if you want to us Sacred Immolation. Any reduction is good. If you do not plan to use Sacred Immolation- Lone Wolf Ring is always good + any other you like.
- Belt - The Undying Burder for that extra Second Wind (super useful for Sacred Immolation)
- Cloak- Giftbearer for extra defenses when not using Sacred Immolation and I highly Recommend using Nemnok's Cloak if you want to run Sacred Immolation as it grant Barring Death Door for 14 seconds which will help you a lot when using Sacred.

ABILITIES (Core):

Paladin:

- Sworn Enemy -> Sworn Rival
- Flames of Devotion -> Eternal Devotion
- Lay On Hands
- Deep Faith of course
- Two Weapon Style
- Zealous Aura -> Endurance
- Scion of Flame
- Inspired Beacon
- Virtuos Triumph
- Sacred Immolation

Monk:
- Swift Strikes
- Lesser Wounds
- Swift Flurry
- Duality of M.P
- Thunderous Blows
- Turning Wheel
- Flagelants Path
- Rooting Pain
- Hearbeat Drumming.

PET: PET IMPORTANT FOR BURNING:

yYhDmnz.png

How to Play:

Buff yourself, use Blazing Furry and go Burn heretics :D.

Sun And Moon can trigger twice burn damage which + FoD is huge dmg vs one target.

And Sungrazer can nuke whole screen and proc with Melee, Rooting Pain and Heartbeat Drummings :D. Burn Baby Burn!

If you use Sacred Immolation: I recommend using Nemnok's Cloak as it grant Barring Death Door for 14 seconds. Use Beacon to make enemies take 40% more dmg, Use Sacred Immolation, get yourself to 0 HP (you have 14 seconds with 20 INT to not die), burn your enemies. Once you get close to end of effect cast on yourself Lay On Hands or Greater Lay On Hand to heal and get another 10 second unkillable effect. You have to do it BEFORE cloak effect wears off as you will have tiny HP and one tick of Immolation can kill you.

Can't wait till they fix Sacred Immolation and this build will be much more fun. Right now it's super hard to play due to keeping yourself alive.

Edited by Voltron
  • Like 7

14% Chance to hit through Wizard's double, misses once...  if only I had that kind of luck ,lol.

BURNING JUSTICE KNOWS NO MISSES!

But yeah, well, RPG will be RPG :D

My jaw dropped when I saw the FoD damage. Amazing build that also looks super good. Very flavorful. How many times do you want me to reroll, man?

Since it's a build, you should list the abilities you picked at level up.

Also... what is the hat you have equipped again?

Edited by Clerith

My jaw dropped when I saw the FoD damage. Amazing build that also looks super good. Very flavorful. How many times do you want me to reroll, man?

That FOD dmg is amazing I know :D. Sacred Immolation skyrockets too. Don't reroll! Just put it on list :D.

And yes, I will add abilities picked. I just had to hurry, since my wife wanted me to clean kitchen :p

Hat: Fair Favor https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Fair_Favor

Nice build,

this potion can be very helpful for emergy situation:

https://i.imgur.com/KSDoKft.png

Wow! That is NICE! Since I usually skip potions in RPGs I didn't even know it exists. Can it be crafted?

That FOD dmg is amazing I know :D. Sacred Immolation skyrockets too. Don't reroll! Just put it on list :D.

And yes, I will add abilities picked. I just had to hurry, since my wife wanted me to clean kitchen :p

Oh. Fair Favor's hit to crit works for all weapons, while the crit dmg is only for the sword/sabre/etc? I didn't know that! Makes sense now.

Edit: and iirc the potion above was shown in a thread a few days ago, crated and shown with high alchemy. It's on the crafting list.

Imagine the total ****ery that a max alchemy drug and potion chugging Nalpazca could achieve if you could manage all those consumables.

Also, not to make derivatives of your build right on the first page, but... for party play, and maybe with the immortality potions for when you want to Immolate, would you recommend Shieldbearer or Bleak Walker? I guess it's personal preference in the end, convenient immortality vs a bit more damage. And roleplay.

Edited by Clerith

Oh. Fair Favor's hit to crit works for all weapons, while the crit dmg is only for the sword/sabre/etc? I didn't know that! Makes sense now.

Edit: and iirc the potion above was shown in a thread a few days ago, crated and shown with high alchemy. It's on the crafting list.

Imagine the total ****ery that a max alchemy drug and potion chugging Nalpazca could achieve if you could manage all those consumables.

Also, not to make derivatives of your build right on the first page, but... for party play, and maybe with the immortality potions for when you want to Immolate, would you recommend Shieldbearer or Bleak Walker? I guess it's personal preference in the end, convenient immortality vs a bit more damage. And roleplay.

Nalpazca is ok, but I want that extra dmg from Helwalker :D. And you know... HELLwalker

I guess if you have Priest in your party who can spam Barring Death Door then you can take Bleak Walker for even more dmg ;)

Guys, I found even MORE BROKEN combo  :D Sungrazer Flail which launches AOE burn explosions :D :D. Check New Video and Weapon :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_fWjQdYKPM&feature=youtu.be

Strange, I can't add 3rd video in my first Post. It doesn't show as movie window.

Edited by Voltron

That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things.

Seriously this looks really fun. I'm going to give it a try.

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUNGRAZER AOE DAMAGE??!!You pretty much one-shotted that groups :D :D

Man, that is probably the most fun/cool build I have seen on this site. And that Burn damage is higher than on my Devoted with Sabres! Even twice as high!

I see you posted seperate Video of Sacred Immolation and seperate one of Sungrazer. Now imagine those two combined :D

Omg, I think we have found that Godhammer they used on Eothas. You should have named it "Godhammer".

Man, crazy build. I am finishing game with your Sword Singer build and this is next :D.

Edited by Mordimer

What even is balance, lol...

No balance for heretics :D. Only flames!

But seriously I just did Sungrazer + Sacred Immolation and I didnt even have time to cast one FOD since rooting pain and heart drumming also triggers Sungrazer AOE :D :D

Nice build,

this potion can be very helpful for emergy situation:

https://i.imgur.com/KSDoKft.png

Wow! That is NICE! Since I usually skip potions in RPGs I didn't even know it exists. Can it be crafted?

Yes it can be crafted, and easily since the alchemy reagent vendor (in Nekatta) restocks if you wait 24 hours with decent chance at the items u need if you got the gold.

Actually you might be right. Hour was too late, didn't even read that decription correctly...

There is one helm that gives you chance for Burn attack if you are getting hit. Would work nicely here. Can't remember it's name now. I will check it tomorrow.

Where do you get Sungrazer and Magran Favor? I know where to find Sun and Moon.

Sungrazer is dropped by aFlame Naga Sorcerer in the outdoor area of Kohopa's Fang (northernmost player-nameable island of Magran's Teeth), where you also find Axe.

I recommend to solo that area as fast as possible to grab those two.

Great build, Voltron :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Blazing Fury works on other weapons sounds like an oversight to me.

Btw i think Sungrazer is better on Fighter since it really benefits from extra hits. Charge/Cleave/Rooting Pain/Swift Flurry/Drumming can max it's proc chance.

Also I don't understand why the hell Turning Wheel gives so much Lash damage compare to other passives. +50% fire lash ok, and applies to spells. If you compare it with Sneak Attack, SA gives around a fixed 10 damage, but Turning Wheel gives u +50 fire damage if your base + bonus damage is 100. And well if you use inner death, it gives u 500+ extra fire damage. 

Edited by dunehunter

Wouldn't this be better with both flails at once? At least for procs.

No, because it's Magran Favor that makes this damage because it gives combined +5 Power Level to all Fire-based abilities/attacks also each kill it gives 10% Action Speed (max 40%). Thanks to that plus Pet and Sion of Flame you get +7 extra Pen and Dmg on fire so you always overpen with Fire lash/dmg. It also has chance to paply smaller AOE burn, not much but suits build.

You can run both flails but your dmg won't be nowhere as impressive without Magran.

Besides- YOU ARE PALADIN OF MAGRAN! YOU MUST HAVE HER FAVOR!!!!!