UMM! You forgot something, Mirke...

Obsidian please stop this nonsense!. The moment i saw the female body paperdoll that is almost flat i knew what you are up to. Stop pandering. Are you making games for kids? This is mature rated title and stop this hypocrisy where murdering, raping and corpse eating is holier than showing skin. Grow a efking spine Obsidian!

• Like 3

Obsidian please stop this nonsense!. The moment i saw the female body paperdoll that is almost flat i knew what you are up to. Stop pandering. Are you making games for kids? This is mature rated title and stop this hypocrisy where murdering, raping and corpse eating is holier than showing skin. Grow a efking spine Obsidian!

The only problem with naked mirke is that she should have a slight furry texture on her skin, like the female pc Orlan does.

• Like 3

So... How to say this...

Mirke isn't wearing any underwear.

*immediately sails off towards Fort Deadlight*

I admit I did just to check it out. Even though I'm done with the game.

Now I can check off see a naked female Orlan off my bucket list of things to do in life.

• Like 4

As funny as the random mayhem of this thread is, I for one am still interested in knowing the how/why of how this happened and why it's being removed. Was it intended to ship this way? Was it modelled and then vetoed? Really curious.

• Like 3

I haven't been back to the bathhouse since.

As this topic arises the second time in this forum, I can no longer keep my question to all those with nudity problems for myself: That is no joke right?

The only person that I know personally, that has serious problems with that kind of stuff is a member of a religious sect, so I have a hard time imagining, how one can have a problem with 2cm high figures on screen which are nude, meaning that you can see their buttocks (I love that word. Learned it from a Monty Python sketch). So what's that about? Is this a religious, a culture-specific or a personal thing?

First, I did not complain about the presence of nudity in this game, I simply stated that I wasn't aware it was in the game when I purchased it and therefore didn't buy the game for it as the "let's all come clean" post suggested. 

Second, I don't actually have a problem with nudity in the game. I haven't been back to the bathhouse since because my character was hit on by an old man who wanted me to experience how "vigorous" the bathhouse waters made him and after reporting the man for using the bathhouse as his own personal brothel, my character decided he could take a bath in private by himself or with whomever he wanted and didn't need the bathhouse for that. 

EDIT: I should add that just because I don't have a problem with nudity in a game doesn't mean that I want to see it everywhere I go either. I don't purchase video games (or movies) for that kind of content because it simply doesn't interest me. I'm not put off by it, it's just not on my list of things to look for when purchasing a game. I will state that excessive nudity or adult themes can be a negative for me as again, it's not content that interests me. 

Edited by Witness41920
  • Like 1

Holy thread. 

The error with Mirke is literally a single string that caused the Orlan 'naked' body to not be activated properly. It was an oversight because of reasons

As far as the nude body - all characters have fully modeled/textured nude bodies underneath their underwear, this was the easiest way for us to get all the outfits looking correct for all characters and not worry about what each outfit revealed/hid, and it was the first body template to be made for each race. The other 30% was the bathhouse scene. The way our pipeline works, once we create a single nude body, that is propagated to all races and NPC's.

That said, only the Base Naked Body (when you take your equipment off) has the full model, none of the other outfits (the polygons are cut out for performance ). This model can be seen when equipping a certain bathhouse outfit, which we do not allow to be dropped. Both males and females have this model, and in case of males there is code that makes the appearance more correct if you will, without this code they'll be missing *bits*. 

I don't have any strong opinion on allowing fully nude characters, we wanted it to be controlled in a way to avoid any weirdness, and not be off-putting for players that would rather skip that sort of content. We also decided to include it in the game, because it was already all made anyway, and as many of you have said, why not. It is a mature game. 

• Like 18

I haven't been back to the bathhouse since.

As this topic arises the second time in this forum, I can no longer keep my question to all those with nudity problems for myself: That is no joke right?

The only person that I know personally, that has serious problems with that kind of stuff is a member of a religious sect, so I have a hard time imagining, how one can have a problem with 2cm high figures on screen which are nude, meaning that you can see their buttocks (I love that word. Learned it from a Monty Python sketch). So what's that about? Is this a religious, a culture-specific or a personal thing?

First, I did not complain about the presence of nudity in this game, I simply stated that I wasn't aware it was in the game when I purchased it and therefore didn't buy the game for it as the "let's all come clean" post suggested. 

Second, I don't actually have a problem with nudity in the game. I haven't been back to the bathhouse since because my character was hit on by an old man who wanted me to experience how "vigorous" the bathhouse waters made him and after reporting the man for using the bathhouse as his own personal brothel, my character decided he could take a bath in private by himself or with whomever he wanted and didn't need the bathhouse for that. 

EDIT: I should add that just because I don't have a problem with nudity in a game doesn't mean that I want to see it everywhere I go either. I don't purchase video games (or movies) for that kind of content because it simply doesn't interest me. I'm not put off by it, it's just not on my list of things to look for when purchasing a game. I will state that excessive nudity or adult themes can be a negative for me as again, it's not content that interests me.

Fair enough.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Holy thread. 

The error with Mirke is literally a single string that caused the Orlan 'naked' body to not be activated properly. It was an oversight because of reasons

As far as the nude body - all characters have fully modeled/textured nude bodies underneath their underwear, this was the easiest way for us to get all the outfits looking correct for all characters and not worry about what each outfit revealed/hid, and it was the first body template to be made for each race. The other 30% was the bathhouse scene. The way our pipeline works, once we create a single nude body, that is propagated to all races and NPC's.

That said, only the Base Naked Body (when you take your equipment off) has the full model, none of the other outfits (the polygons are cut out for performance ). This model can be seen when equipping a certain bathhouse outfit, which we do not allow to be dropped. Both males and females have this model, and in case of males there is code that makes the appearance more correct if you will, without this code they'll be missing *bits*. 

I don't have any strong opinion on allowing fully nude characters, we wanted it to be controlled in a way to avoid any weirdness, and not be off-putting for players that would rather skip that sort of content. We also decided to include it in the game, because it was already all made anyway, and as many of you have said, why not. It is a mature game. 

Thanks for the information, it's nice to understand the behind-the-scenes of what happened. But...y'know....y'all are never gonna live this down. Naked Mirke will be famous *forever*. ;)

Holy thread. 

dZFMjkkGKOOq.gif

• Like 5

Holy thread. 

Some days, I don't envy you developers. :D

So, toggle underwear for those who want it?

• Like 8

I don't have any strong opinion on allowing fully nude characters[...]

Wait... what??? ;)

I have the strong opinion that you should add a toggle in the game options menu: Undies on/off. Right under the gib option...?

And since we already have Big Head Mode... :shifty:

• Like 14

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Big junk mode incoming? Edited by Lexx
  • Like 4

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I don't have any strong opinion on allowing fully nude characters[...]

Wait... what??? ;)

I have the strong opinion that you should add a toggle in the game options menu: Undies on/off. Right under the gib option...?

Hah! Let it be known as the "THICC" toggle!

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 2

Big junk mode incoming?

Lol, knowing how people are I think it's safe to say that if devs won't do it officially sooner or later there'll be a nude mod floating around on Nexus. 

• Like 2