I like fighting huge mobs so I hope there is a separate tick box or something for that. I feel like that is what veteran is/war but I am currently savoring a long play through of PoE 1 and when I choose that the enemies just use Charm or Dominate. I want to fight their team not mine. I also don't want to pound on four enemies (or one) for an hour :banghead: . Maybe for some super boss but not every fight.

Different tastes

complete overhaul of Veteran and Path of the Damned difficulties. You'll find more enemies per encounter

Please don't "just" increase the amount of mobs. This is not what makes combat more fun or difficult... just tedious.

It's not the amount of mobs - but the number of enemies in a given mob (though your point stands that simply having more enemies isn't necessarily more fun/challenging - especially if an AOE is taking them out).  They also mentioned new level-scaling (so each enemy is tougher) - hopefully that'll make the difference (maybe in terms of abilities used by the enemies from being higher level and not just having more HP / hitting harder).

in terms of balancing changes the most egregious effects other than proper enemy scaling and stats in vet/ PotD are:

-ability combos from skills/ items that produce broken infinite cascading damage effects (there are several - these are mainly in monk, chanter, but also wizard classes combined with "on hit" items)

--major "boss" or sub boss fights are not as nicely fine tuned as in PoE1 - like for instance Dragons or Elder Fampyrs etc don't have signature devastating attacks that require party management. 

- single class vs multi-class toons are not balanced really as multi-class in most cases can result in stronger toons than a single class. Like empower of an ability(the effect) should be like +4 on a single class, +3 on multiclass. +5 global is still too much but obviously much better than +10. 

"What's next?"

Obsidian working on the next Fallout game.

…Too soon?

you know, i'd actually like to see what they could do about creating something akin to the more classic isometric fallout game.

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

"What's next?"

Obsidian working on the next Fallout game.

…Too soon?

you know, i'd actually like to see what they could do about creating something akin to the more classic isometric fallout game.

It will prob not work for 1-2 month after release and  will have disappointing story 

Lastly, the team is also adding new cosmetic options for player customization with the ability to change character appearance at any time.

Yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

As someone with severe restartitis, this is something that I've been longing for.

- "Dang, that hair didn't look/feel quite afterall. Oh, well, only one hours played this time. Restart, for the third time."

• Like 3

Linux

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd like to see an single character arpg from them in the same world. They write good stories.

An arpg with a single character could make use of cut scenes and 3d animations and tell a grittier, sexier, bloodier story. Something very adult with an epic war and intruige backdrop. Game of thrones kinda, in game form. Affairs, power politics, prostitution, beheadings, impalings, battlefeilds with huge monsters and siege machines. 

It would also make a good console game, or even mobile platform game if one was inclined. Most arpgs these days are absent any compelling plotline, or meaningful choices. They also often take place in bland detailless worlds. Which this wouldn't be. 

I mean I am not huge on the genre, although I enjoyed the original diablo games. But I think they could do it well, create something quite original. Something genre breaking. Mainly because they are not a mainstream studio and have an eye for artful detail. 

Narrative based action games in general are so one dimensional from the big studios these days. They don't even have anything resembling player choice impact. Even something with a few different endings and a decent story would be a vast improvement. 

Edited by drael6464

I'd like to see an single character arpg from them in the same world. They write good stories.

An arpg with a single character could make use of cut scenes and 3d animations and tell a grittier, sexier, bloodier story. Something very adult with an epic war and intruige backdrop. Game of thrones kinda, in game form. Affairs, power politics, prostitution, beheadings, impalings, battlefeilds with huge monsters and siege machines. 

It would also make a good console game, or even mobile platform game if one was inclined. Most arpgs these days are absent any compelling plotline, or meaningful choices. They also often take place in bland detailless worlds. Which this wouldn't be. 

I mean I am not huge on the genre, although I enjoyed the original diablo games. But I think they could do it well, create something quite original. Something genre breaking. Mainly because they are not a mainstream studio and have an eye for artful detail. 

Narrative based action games in general are so one dimensional from the big studios these days. They don't even have anything resembling player choice impact. Even something with a few different endings and a decent story would be a vast improvement. 

First - Why is this under this Topic?

Second - Just hard no, that is terribe Idea. Almost every game nowdays is mix of some Action type game with rpgs elements. We don't need more of that. Specially not from Obsidian and this franchize.

As for mobile games the world map in deadfire is now a mobile game basically, and it is bad.

Game needs more and bigger maps to play with your party on, actual cRPG style and less meaningless world map travel.

Lastly, the team is also adding new cosmetic options for player customization with the ability to change character appearance at any time.

Yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

As someone with severe restartitis, this is something that I've been longing for.

- "Dang, that hair didn't look/feel quite afterall. Oh, well, only one hours played this time. Restart, for the third time."

Totally agree!

So basically, you want Obsidian to make Witcher 3

• Like 2

Second - Just hard no, that is terribe Idea. Almost every game nowdays is mix of some Action type game with rpgs elements. We don't need more of that. Specially not from Obsidian and this franchize.

As for mobile games the world map in deadfire is now a mobile game basically, and it is bad.

Game needs more and bigger maps to play with your party on, actual cRPG style and less meaningless world map travel.

Why? Because the action driven story games of mainstream studios are bland and uncreative. I think much more could be done with the genre, that focuses more on an original take, with genuine rpg elements. It would be top down, like diablo, but instead of meaningless battles, all the action and story would take context in a genuinely compelling story that the character can influence.

Unlike diablo, it would be more like a stoy of war and power politics, richer with grit - swearing sex, ultraviolence. Unlike dragon age inquisition it would tell an interesting story, and no be bland and tame-ish.

I'm talking the final act is a massive battlefield that you have to fight your way through seigemachines, dragons and giants to achieve various objectives that turn the tide of the battle. Really the inspiration would be more something very adult- like game of thrones, rather than a video game, that typically has a safely targeted teen audience. You know, nudity sex, blood, intrigue, crap tonnes of sweating,  severed heads, people dying all over,  and magic. The desperate struggle to survive, and win in the midst of crushing chaos and depravity.  

Not just your dull everyday, "extra blood" type game phenoma - but a whole depth of grit - something that pushed boundaries. It would be hard. With a real sense of do or die - something that punches into a human place, and doesn't just entertain with hero plotlines. Not gore, swearing and sex etc for the sake of it - but rather as narrative punch. People you care about dying. Killing despicable people. Sex as a way to convey hedodism, self-servingness, degniracy. 

Just because other people do this badly (narrative driven action), is exactly the reason I think obsidian could do it with a whole raft of unique and creative elements that would make such a game entirely fresh.  Stories in games could take serious ques from prestige TV and new books. They don't, they are redunctive, and train trackey. Like clones of each other. Obsidian is the company that doesn't want just a commercial product and money. They want to serve their consumers, by creating something with love. 

I mean it wouldn't have to be how I describe, it would just need to have better rpg elements, challenging tactical elements, and a story that really pushes into new territory. I'm sure they could do it, position they are in, in gaming. 

Edited by drael6464

I'm talking the final act is a massive battlefield that you have to fight your way through seigemachines, dragons and giants to achieve various objectives that turn the tide of the battle. Really the inspiration would be more something very adult- like game of thrones, rather than a video game, that typically has a safely targeted teen audience. You know, nudity sex, blood, intrigue, crap tonnes of sweating,  severed heads, people dying all over,  and magic. The desperate struggle to survive, and win in the midst of crushing chaos and depravity.

And this, my friend, is Witcher 2.

• Like 3

The owls are not what they seem.

The first large update for Deadfire will be launching in early June - Patch 1.1. This update contains hundreds of fixes and refinements based upon our internal testing and all the great feedback we have been getting.

Included in Patch 1.1 is a complete overhaul of Veteran and Path of the Damned difficulties. You'll find more enemies per encounter and with new level scaling adjustments the game should be much more challenging.

This is enough, tk so much

I wish they can reworked main quest, especially Ashen Maw and Ukaizo.

Upvoted.

Maybe in a big patch, like "2.0" patch for PoE 1.

That's really sad that the most dissapointing part of the game is the most crucial one. I mean, hunting for a god across Deadfire could play so well with exploration theme, but this game rushes it way too much.

• Like 1

Why? Because the action driven story games of mainstream studios are bland and uncreative. I think much more could be done with the genre, that focuses more on an original take, with genuine rpg elements. It would be top down, like diablo, but instead of meaningless battles, all the action and story would take context in a genuinely compelling story that the character can influence.

Unlike diablo, it would be more like a stoy of war and power politics, richer with grit - swearing sex, ultraviolence. Unlike dragon age inquisition it would tell an interesting story, and no be bland and tame-ish.

Not just your dull everyday, "extra blood" type game phenoma - but a whole depth of grit - something that pushed boundaries. It would be hard. With a real sense of do or die - something that punches into a human place, and doesn't just entertain with hero plotlines. Not gore, swearing and sex etc for the sake of it - but rather as narrative punch. People you care about dying. Killing despicable people. Sex as a way to convey hedodism, self-servingness, degniracy. 

Just because other people do this badly (narrative driven action), is exactly the reason I think obsidian could do it with a whole raft of unique and creative elements that would make such a game entirely fresh.  Stories in games could take serious ques from prestige TV and new books. They don't, they are redunctive, and train trackey. Like clones of each other. Obsidian is the company that doesn't want just a commercial product and money. They want to serve their consumers, by creating something with love. 

I mean it wouldn't have to be how I describe, it would just need to have better rpg elements, challenging tactical elements, and a story that really pushes into new territory. I'm sure they could do it, position they are in, in gaming. 

I sure would not have backed game you just described.

And this, my friend, is Witcher 2.

Ah, well if that's true it's a shame I don't play first or third person games. Sounds like i'd enjoy it, if I enjoyed that format of game. 

I wonder when we'll be hearing more of the next free DLC. This update seemed to indicate they were planning to put it out next week (from this week, not when they posted it), and they announced Rum Runner's Pack a bit more than a week before its release.

Upvoted.

That's really sad that the most dissapointing part of the game is the most crucial one. I mean, hunting for a god across Deadfire could play so well with exploration theme, but this game rushes it way too much.

Agreed, i think the main quest is much too time sensitive, the game keeps telling me to do the main quest, and then i can't do the side content because the game ends after the main quest, they should either give us the ability to play the side content after the main quest, or make the main quest much less time sensitive in my opinion.

I would love to have the ability to make my own crew like how we can make our own adventurers, i want an all Orlan crew damn it :D

I would also love to have more different cannons and have the same amount of cannons on the inside as the outside shows us, and more ship types and sizes etc.

Upvoted.

Agreed, i think the main quest is much too time sensitive, the game keeps telling me to do the main quest, and then i can't do the side content because the game ends after the main quest, they should either give us the ability to play the side content after the main quest, or make the main quest much less time sensitive in my opinion.

Just wondering, how does the game rush it? Do you end up with a timer at some point in the game?

• Like 1